Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

WoodrowSkillson posted:

oh i know i was there for Blue Shed when he nearly got got by flying metal roofs

Jeff patiently waiting for the money shot of a crane going down rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Get out of there, silly water! You don't belong there!

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011
local NBC station now running with a live facetime call of a guy asking for a rescue as water is lapping against their second story windows

reporters are relaying texts to the fire chief and they're probably going to go to the roof, loving ouch

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
if I was Jeff I’d stay farther away from those cranes

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Norton posted:

currently north-northeast at 9mph

that is extremely slow right? how fast did some of the other most well known hurricanes move

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
One thing's for sure: they're definitely retiring the jersey

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
and there goes the feed

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

jeff :ohdear:

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
entire charlotte harbor area just has giant bullseye on it, goddamn

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It probably looks like it's moving slowly because it's such a massive storm

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

local NBC station now running with a live facetime call of a guy asking for a rescue as water is lapping against their second story windows

reporters are relaying texts to the fire chief and they're probably going to go to the roof, loving ouch

loving morons lol. "i'm gonna ride it out... HELP"

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
I wonder what Jeff does when his feed cuts, maybe he just keeps broadcasting for a while until he notices.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Well at least new homes are very affordable right now

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

It probably looks like it's moving slowly because it's such a massive storm

one of the worst things about hurricanes is that they can just slow to a crawl

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

maybe this one will last long enough for another hurricane to merge with it into a hypercane

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

actionjackson posted:

that is extremely slow right? how fast did some of the other most well known hurricanes move

Ian is forecast to take 24 hours to cross Florida. Charley did it in 8 1/2 hours.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

jeff is alive

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/FOXWeatherDesk/status/1575191192018382850

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
No outside help is coming to the landfall area until tomorrow morning.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Second floors starting to look a little flooded

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Third floors are the new Beach front property

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

working hard thank you!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Waiting for Jeff to get a call about his car warranty.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Hey we noticed you are going to die, can we use these pictures for our TV show tyia.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

If that was my house the last thing I would have is a sense of humor at that moment.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

look like andrew was around 20 mph

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
109 mph gust measured at Punta Gorda Airport by Port Charlotte

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Spergin Morlock posted:

loving morons lol. "i'm gonna ride it out... HELP"

there is currently a film available for stream via the Lifetime Movie Club subscription service called PSYCHO STORM CHASER

he's secretly more than a fiend for dangerous weather -- he's also a serial killer whose prime motivation for murder just happens to be...that. exactly that.

he has a big speech at the start of the movie about how stupid people who stay behind don't deserve to be saved.

it's NOT a good movie, it's NOT worth watching even for the lols, but it does have a few very memorable and punchy moments to leave you in tears from laughing, including that whole monologue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6eB0ZLayZ8

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

actionjackson posted:

it's a little on the slow side but not unusual. i think the average is like 15mph. katrina was going about 12mph and hurricane andrew was going 18mph.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

do insurance companies actually cover any of the homes in this area?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Rip Testes posted:

If that was my house the last thing I would have is a sense of humor at that moment.

you may as well have a sense of humor about it, because you sure as gently caress don’t have anything else

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Rip Testes posted:

good news! flood insurance is government subsidized!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

that crane is about to go

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Lol this is why professional and enthusiast storm/tornado chasers watermark the poo poo out of anything the post publicly because otherwise the media will just take your poo poo without paying, even if they ask and you tell them no. Edit: Not saying this poor soul is at fault for not watermarking their pictures. Just pointing out another way the media is lovely. I expect to see this photo all over the news credited to “Twitter.com”.

Pulcinella has issued a correction as of 20:43 on Sep 28, 2022

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Rip Testes posted:

you're no florida man

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

https://twitter.com/Baseball8264802/status/1575205374864420864

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

you may as well have a sense of humor about it, because you sure as gently caress don’t have anything else

well now you’re about to have cholera

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Seems windy

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
Make that 124 mph in Punta Gorda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Fort Myers is a symbol of man's hubris, in a way