Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Mayveena posted:

Using cards from the mini set, Kibler played Theotar as a Warrior and his opponent was a Shadow Priest. The Theotar failed completely and Kibler is reporting it as a bug as there was nothing in play that would indicate that it would fail.

E: being reported as an issue on reddit as well. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

From what I’m reading it looks like you can’t Theotar hero cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Sinistral posted:

From what I’m reading it looks like you can’t Theotar hero cards.

When Kibler tried, it let him choose a card in their hand and his hand and then nothing happened. Hero cards were targetable by Theotar yesterday so I don't know what's going on with that.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Mayveena posted:

When Kibler tried, it let him choose a card in their hand and his hand and then nothing happened. Hero cards were targetable by Theotar yesterday so I don't know what's going on with that.

Perhaps a hotfix to this "exploit" where swapping a hero card to your opponent after reflecto-engineering it would immediately kill them if they played it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP6wX49J_lI

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Devor posted:

Perhaps a hotfix to this "exploit" where swapping a hero card to your opponent after reflecto-engineering it would immediately kill them if they played it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP6wX49J_lI

I’m guessing there’s some phantom Jaraxxus code in there and hero cards are seen as 0 attack minions

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Might be related to that bug where Theotar gave switcheroo'd minions 0 health

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
https://twitter.com/secretfinding/status/1574817531604639745?s=20&t=ZU3pAlMm3bik2mByMXgo0w

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Anyone on RN I can spectate for a daily quest?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/MartianBuu/status/1574847002763935744?s=20&t=Tz1GLWgtWhweBoCnDUZ2Jg

Guess Jailer+Bolf isn’t a meme

Ugh that card back is real good but I really hope this one isn’t as tedious as the last…

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 28, 2022

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/MartianBuu/status/1574847002763935744?s=20&t=Tz1GLWgtWhweBoCnDUZ2Jg

Guess Jailer+Bolf isn’t a meme

Ugh that card back is real good but I really hope this one isn’t as tedious as the last…

Watch the trigger be "Buy 25,000 Runestones."

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
First game against a Jailer opponent they played a minion with taunt and even though there was no indicator that my minions or hero had any valid targets I could still attack face. Well done Blizzard.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

McSharpie posted:

First game against a Jailer opponent they played a minion with taunt and even though there was no indicator that my minions or hero had any valid targets I could still attack face. Well done Blizzard.

Immune negates Taunt. That's how it's always been. Why? Well you see Immune isn't just "Prevents all damage" It prevents your opponent from performing any action that would target the creature. Since taunt requires you to target it, Immune negates the taunt, so you can go face.

Edit: Nathanos is completely broken. If your deathrattle minion has any negative status (silence/frozen) Nathanos gains that status as does the deathrattle you get in your hand. lmao. Good job QAing your code Team 5, jfc.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 28, 2022

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Just think of immune as permanent divine shield plus permanent stealth and you’re 95% of the way there. No damage, no unfriendly targeting, no attacks. Everything else works as normal.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

bravesword posted:

Just think of immune as permanent divine shield plus permanent stealth and you’re 95% of the way there. No damage, no unfriendly targeting, no attacks. Everything else works as normal.

Not that while an AoE silence would normally remove immune from units it doesn't with Jailer’s because the immune is a constant aura effect.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Sep 28, 2022

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
lol, let me tell you all about going 13-0 to Legend with Fel Relic Demon Hunter. As soon as you can leverage Relic of Dimensions the games over, you're ability to high roll is insane. That 13-0 was 1 Mage, 3 Hunters, 2 Priests, 1 Warlock, 2 Rogues, 2 Druids, 1 Demon Hunter and 1 Shaman, a pretty decent spread of classes. I Stopped last night at Rank 2 3 stars and finished tonight.

### Custom Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Relic of Extinction
# 2x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 1x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Lady S'theno
# 2x (3) Predation
# 2x (3) Relic of Phantasms
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (5) Relic of Dimensions
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 1x (7) Xhilag of the Abyss
# 1x (8) Artificer Xy'mox
# 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
#
AAECAdO+BQiN9wOHiwSDnwTHsgT7vwT+vwSY1ASq3QQLlugDwvEDifcDivcDtp8ElrcEmLoEr94EsN4EquIEheUEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Three Hunters in a row, all have the 2/2 that summons a Wildseed and the Summon 2, speed them up at 3. 25 stats on the board Turn 4.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Shockeh posted:

Three Hunters in a row, all have the 2/2 that summons a Wildseed and the Summon 2, speed them up at 3. 25 stats on the board Turn 4.

And then that stupid new rush minion that buffs them out of Deathborne range :mad:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

We live in a world where Bolf Ramshield may legitimately eat a nerf/change,

what a time to be alive.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Blooming Brilliant posted:

what a time to be alive.

I want to believe that the Jailer is the result of a bet or long-game to make Bolf overpowered.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I doubt it, it is way too easy to counter.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Chernabog posted:

I doubt it, it is way too easy to counter.

Yeah, most likely. Might find a place in the realm of "another Guff win condition".

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I guess it’s one of those things where it’s 2 neutral cards you can slot into any slow deck and potentially scam a win if the control mirror opponent doesn’t have nontargetted removal in their deck they might not like in terms of restricting deck design space, even if the actual number of games it would affect are small

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 28, 2022

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

PneumonicBook posted:

Immune negates Taunt. That's how it's always been. Why? Well you see Immune isn't just "Prevents all damage" It prevents your opponent from performing any action that would target the creature. Since taunt requires you to target it, Immune negates the taunt, so you can go face.

Edit: Nathanos is completely broken. If your deathrattle minion has any negative status (silence/frozen) Nathanos gains that status as does the deathrattle you get in your hand. lmao. Good job QAing your code Team 5, jfc.

Ahaha i lost a game for no reason yesterday cause I didn’t even think to try to just go face around the immune taunt. Live and learn I suppose

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
How many control mirrors are being played in Wild? When I made my one attempt to seriously climb in Wild is was all Pirates past, like, Platinum 5. (And I was playing Mind Blast Priest myself, so I wasn’t helping anything.)

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Decks I have tried so far in standard after the patch:
Control warrior: Can't make it work, didn't win a single game
Pure paladin: I wasn't expecting much but won a bunch of games and made it to D4
Infuse dude paladin: Think this might be pretty good or at least decent but have only played it in casual

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Sounds like the Paladin Jailer combo deck has been refined enough to be playable, or at least a fun meme in Standard:

Combo core:
1x (10) The Jailer
1x (8) Kael'thas Sunrider
1x (5) Calvary Horn
2x (4) Invigorating Sermon
2x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
2x (2) Order in the Court

Spice:
2x (2) Gankster

Rest:
1-drops
(edit:) Great Hall
maybe Prince Renethal

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 28, 2022

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
You can preview a bunch of upcoming new food-related characters on the collection screen.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The Reno skin hero power throws a hotdog instead of a fireball, I kinda want it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm1NsWgUEdw

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Firebert posted:

The Reno skin hero power throws a hotdog instead of a fireball, I kinda want it...

And the emote game is on point,

dang it now I kinda want it :allears:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Blooming Brilliant posted:

what a time to be alive.

I've kept a golden Bolf for years now. :smug:

Finally my historical tendency to get bad/"worthless" golden legendaries kinda-sorta pays off!

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Firebert posted:

drat, now I want to buy it too.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Well, that didn't take long ...

How to solve Hearthstone’s Castle Nathria Puzzle that arrived with the Maw and Disorder Miniset? A step-by-step guide to solving the mystery

Haha, never change, small indie game devs!

quote:

Note: Due to a bug, you need to have your game in English to enter the puzzle. You can change that from Battle.net game settings. Once you enter, you can close the game and reset it to your original language and you will resume the puzzle from where you left it.

Oh, and also, it seems you'll gain XP from the puzzle mode ...

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 29, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh wow, a puzzle that can actually be completed by one person and doesn’t take hours and hours of tedious bullshit

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Yeah, this was way better than the last one. Who would have thought a puzzle that a single person can do with an excel sheet is more enjoyable than a something that almost requires a program to solve?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Nice, that one was fun to do and I didn’t even write a single thing down. Mastermind games are fun

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I played some mercenaries finally to get these intro quests out of my darn menu, it's loving hilarious that their idea was yet another worthless FGO/whatever clone exactly the same as any of a billion other mobile games. It even has its own separate terrible menu. It's like staring into a portal where hearthstone was never made and they just wanted some turd war craft phone game.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Pure Paladin with Jailer is really fun, no one is running weapon removal or cards that will remove the immunes. I also got. to experience 0 mana Haleh into curse lock, hilarious lol. Horn versions might be better but I yeeted my Kael.

AAECAZ8FBpHsA7eABOCLBLCyBIbiBKbvBAzM6wPw9gOL+APunwTJoATQrATi0wSA4gS/4gTA4gS55ATy7QQA

Firebert fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Sep 29, 2022

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

PneumonicBook posted:

lol, let me tell you all about going 13-0 to Legend with Fel Relic Demon Hunter. As soon as you can leverage Relic of Dimensions the games over, you're ability to high roll is insane. That 13-0 was 1 Mage, 3 Hunters, 2 Priests, 1 Warlock, 2 Rogues, 2 Druids, 1 Demon Hunter and 1 Shaman, a pretty decent spread of classes. I Stopped last night at Rank 2 3 stars and finished tonight.

### Custom Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Relic of Extinction
# 2x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 1x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Lady S'theno
# 2x (3) Predation
# 2x (3) Relic of Phantasms
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (5) Relic of Dimensions
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 1x (7) Xhilag of the Abyss
# 1x (8) Artificer Xy'mox
# 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
#
AAECAdO+BQiN9wOHiwSDnwTHsgT7vwT+vwSY1ASq3QQLlugDwvEDifcDivcDtp8ElrcEmLoEr94EsN4EquIEheUEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This deck is strong and fun, lots of good synergies. Thanks!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah that puzzle wasn't too bad. Had to draw out a spreadsheet on a piece of paper, and there's a bit of RNG involved, but still didn't take long.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

After finishing the puzzle, I can not help but wonder if one of the next expansions will add an Renathal-like card that expands your board space to 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
TIL the "end-of-turn effects trigger twice" quest reward works with C'thun's hero power