Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

haldolium posted:

has anyone got GROUNDED 1.0 release to work? There are some guides with protontricks to install dotnet40 but it doesnt work for me.

Looking at ProtondDB, seems like there's an invisible Xbox login to fumble around in. Are you not getting that far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Mr E posted:

I'm not sure if it does the same thing but Emudeck also has a tool it installs to compress roms/ISOs that's worth using IME.

I'm having a hard time finding specific info, is there a list of the consoles that the tool will compress for? My deck's coming on monday and I'd like to get any necessary prep work done ahead of time

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Emudeck script only makes CHDs afaik, and also whitelisted to only do it in directories for emulators that actually support CHD. So PS1, PS2, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox. Biggest exception is gonna be Dolphin, which doesn't support CHD and has their own compressed iso format instead that you need a different tool for.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
I ran Emudeck in expert mode and logged in with my retroachievements account but now I'm uncertain whether or not my Psone games will register...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it will show a popup when you start a game with achievements that says youre logged in and how many chievos there are. if you dont see one i presume youre not logged in or the rom hash doesnt match theirs etc

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

it will show a popup when you start a game with achievements that says youre logged in and how many chievos there are

Well darn, back to the drawing board to see what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: I'm using Duckstation which should work but for some reason it doesn't... :(

Vichan fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 28, 2022

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Looking at ProtondDB, seems like there's an invisible Xbox login to fumble around in. Are you not getting that far?

not even getting there rn but thanks for the link, I have not set it to proton exp. either so far might be the reason

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

homeless snail posted:

The Emudeck script only makes CHDs afaik, and also whitelisted to only do it in directories for emulators that actually support CHD. So PS1, PS2, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox. Biggest exception is gonna be Dolphin, which doesn't support CHD and has their own compressed iso format instead that you need a different tool for.

The Emudeck script will also convert GCN and Wii to RVZ by calling dolphin-tool.

Looks like there is a maxcso binary in the github but the converter script doesn't use it at this time, so PSP is still out.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

So is the Deck meant to be able to truly rumble like a console controller, or are the haptics mainly meant for giving tiny bits of feedback like typing on a phone? Okami appears to be trying to rumble, but I can only barely tell it's happening at all.

It seems to do a bit of both? I've played some games where it feels like game rumble but in antichamber it seemed more like a weird haptic feedback when moving the sticks.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Vichan posted:

Well darn, back to the drawing board to see what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: I'm using Duckstation which should work but for some reason it doesn't... :(

not sure that's correct, i don't think that's a supported core?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

not sure that's correct, i don't think that's a supported core?

Is there any way to install another PSone core?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://docs.libretro.com/guides/retroachievements/#playstation

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm getting to the point where I'm watching the dumbest Deck starter guide videos I can find and I found one that starts with "sign into Steam" which yeah dude, you need a Steam account to even buy this thing I think people could figure that out alone.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

njsykora posted:

I'm getting to the point where I'm watching the dumbest Deck starter guide videos I can find and I found one that starts with "sign into Steam" which yeah dude, you need a Steam account to even buy this thing I think people could figure that out alone.
You say that but I'm sure there are a surprising number of people confused and mad that their Steam Deck is "broken" and haven't figured out that they need to log in to Steam, that Valve doesn't ship them with the user's Steam credentials already activated.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I know I've asked this before but can anyone confirm the steps they took to get Magic Arena running on the Dreck in a way that launches more than once?

All the internet just says Do What I've Already Done but that only works once. And I kinda just wanna play some Wizard Poker.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

njsykora posted:

Maybe they're future proofing in a couple years when you can just buy one off a shelf. :thunk:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Commander Keene posted:

You say that but I'm sure there are a surprising number of people confused and mad that their Steam Deck is "broken" and haven't figured out that they need to log in to Steam, that Valve doesn't ship them with the user's Steam credentials already activated.

So you're saying they'll get the Deck and when it says "Let's get started: Log in to Steam" on first boot they'll just stare at it befuddled?

Goons, stop imagining people to get mad at.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

My Xbox showed me a code to enter into an app when I first turned it on and I smashed it with a rock for displaying satanic glyphs.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Pham Nuwen posted:

So you're saying they'll get the Deck and when it says "Let's get started: Log in to Steam" on first boot they'll just stare at it befuddled?

Goons, stop imagining people to get mad at.
I work retail, and the number of people who stare blankly at the credit card reader when it's telling them how to pay is staggering. I have literally no faith in the intellect or reading comprehension of the average human being at this point.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

delivery status update to no information ;_; drat you, Lind, WA, a town I’ve never heard of

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

im dumb

Tweak fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Sep 29, 2022

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

lmfao gently caress this isnt the right thread

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm still confused about Wii U on Deck. I can't find a WUX or whatever file. This is what the Wii U game download I have looks like:

Is there a way to convert this to what I need?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Commander Keene posted:

If you're downloading them in .app format then you need to convert them to something Cemu can read, yeah. If you're on Windows and reasonably familiar with the command line you can use CDecrypt to do the job.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ah. I'm using a MacBook so I'm pretty much screwed on that front.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Allegedly thursday, so excited

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ah. I'm using a MacBook so I'm pretty much screwed on that front.

Download the source from the releases page and unzip. Open a terminal in the folder that was created by right clicking the folder -> services -> new terminal at folder. Once the terminal opens type "make" (no quotes) and hit enter. Once that runs you should be able to run the executable by typing "./cdecrypt" (again no quotes) and pressing enter. If all that worked without error you should be able to follow the instructions from the github.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That brings up some error messages. I'm just going to wait for my friend to bring over a Windows laptop this weekend and convert some games then.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Thanks, now I just need to find a way to replace Duckstation with it.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

That brings up some error messages. I'm just going to wait for my friend to bring over a Windows laptop this weekend and convert some games then.

Can't you do the bootcamp thing to run Windows on your Mac?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Atomizer posted:

Can't you do the bootcamp thing to run Windows on your Mac?

Not on the new M1s.

You could do a VM but that’s a bit meh

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

saber45 posted:

Parcelforce are on strike so they've started using Evri/Hermes to avoid delays. Now I get my deck stolen or delivered to my bin but they steal it on time!

My heart genuinely fell this morning when I saw the "we've got your package" email was from Evri. Went from "oh cool I'm getting a stream deck" to "oh cool, some intense administrative hassle looms".

And, of course, I sully support the striking workers. I just wish Evri's refusal to actually deliver things was an act of solidarity, rather than blistering incompetence.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Every confirmation email from Hermes sounds like a threat.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Out for delivery, so you say, very sus FedEx 🤔

pineapple3k
Feb 12, 2014
After playing around with the steam deck for a few days, I would like to say the Xbox Cloud Gaming works pretty well, if you have PC Game pass. I'm playing Mlb the Show on a steam deck, thru Xbox cloud (lol), and I don't really notice the latency. Sometimes there is lag where everything freezes and speeds up, but very playable.

My only nitpick with this thing so far would be the fan. It's pretty loud when the volume of the game is not high enough to drown out the noise.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well it's now been a week since my Steam Deck shipped and the Finnish postal service still don't have it so there's no way I'm getting it before Monday at the earliest. Then again these are the motherfuckers who literally took two weeks to deliver a priority letter 200 kilometers.

It's amazing how Valve managed to just find the shittest possible options for European deliveries.

piano chimp
Feb 2, 2008

ye

Just picked up Trombone Champ and it's already one of my favourite games on the Deck. Unfortunately after pausing the game, the gyros no longer work at all! Is there some hidden setting I'm missing? I have no idea where to start looking as the gyros are set to "Always on".

E: putting it in and out of standby a few times seems to have fixed it

piano chimp fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 29, 2022

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

What did you find to be the sweet spot for the gyro? I had fun with the game but didn’t find it to be an optimal Deck experience.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
As expected, I was able to place my 64 US order 15 days after reserving it. I bet the wait is even shorter now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Google are killing Stadia on Jan 18 if anyone was using that