Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
just when john swore off the prediction game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

new episode up. zelensky in moscow by thanksgiving!! (he didn't say this)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my man boomerfying at breakneck pace

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lmao OK to be fair that's what I thought of to

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

I think when you spend all your time talking about how stupid the west is, you can lose sight of the fact that Russia can also be incredibly incompetent.

Doc Neutral
Jan 31, 2014

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

I think when you spend all your time talking about how stupid the west is, you can lose sight of the fact that Russia can also be incredibly incompetent.

To be fair to the war nerd guys, they've often talked about how Putin isn't this genius playing 4d chess like the Russia stans on twitter believe.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Ames saying 'Brian Train' over and over in the introduction to a guy who designs board games and then you hear him speak :roflolmao:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I really enjoyed that war game episode, especially describing how he made the games in the early 90s. Ah, nostalgia.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The bit about Canadian law defining "co-ops" strictly in terms of agribusiness was pretty funny.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

If I was named Brian Train I would not be able to resist the urge to change my name to Brain Train.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
If people have to write your name down, trust me, it'll just happen on its own .

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

brian tane

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

John moves to Italy and it just immediately returns to fascism.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh yeah i didn't think about that lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Semper Games.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Can any Irish goons help our guy move to the last civilized place in Europe?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Ireland seems like a place that is pretty safe from fascism. If they do go off the rails for some reason they will at least limit the scope of their future genocide to the British.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
There's always been a deeply reactionary Catholic tendency just bubbling under the surface of Irish society which has emerged as explicit fascism now and again (eg former IRA-man Eoin O'Duffy's Blueshirts), however I wouldn't say there is any immediate danger of fascism rearing its ugly head over here. There's just always the possibility (same as anywhere really). That said I hope John comes over to Northern Ireland again so Troubles 2: Carbomb Boogaloo can finally kick off!

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

we have fascists but its mostly our cohort of capitalism designated incels and american conservative money. Is not mainstream in anyway. Neo-liberalism is whats going on.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pryor on Fire posted:

Ireland seems like a place that is pretty safe from fascism. If they do go off the rails for some reason they will at least limit the scope of their future genocide to the British.

Not if Ames go there!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/thewarnerd/status/1578073514082537473?s=46&t=_3il8wggTe5vxLfn9dlRXw

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Mark is such an Xer lol

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1578426556883427331

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

utterly blowing Mark's mind with the watch on the beach analogy

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im glad mark is keeping the spirit of the schopenhauer award alive

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mark being a self-hating Gen Xer has always been one of his better qualities

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Yeah, it's kept him from going the way of the rest of his peers who all went nuts around 2016 coming to terms with their mortality.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Annibale should be the Mario voice actor

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Annibale earned a permanent place in my heart when he described Louis XI of France as, "Kind of a douchebag."

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

also he called him the best king France ever had

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

monarchs have a low bar for success

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Good monarchs are still bad people.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Annibale should be the Mario voice actor

Mario as political advisor to peach using irl metaphors to describe the geopolitical landscape around mushroom kingdom, becoming machiavelli on shrooms

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Happy Underpants posted:

Annibale earned a permanent place in my heart when he described Louis XI of France as, "Kind of a douchebag."

for me it was the day (a Wednesday I think) when he described all of Italy closing down for COVID. i called my boss the next day and told him to get ready to close up shop and he thanked me later

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
For you, the day Annibale warned you of COVID was the most important day of your life. But for him, it was Wednesday.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Mario as political advisor to peach using irl metaphors to describe the geopolitical landscape around mushroom kingdom, becoming machiavelli on shrooms

The Princess

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
for you it was the day covid became real

for annible it was a wENNessDayuh (prahbeLLeh)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Some of the games mentioned in the gaming episode seem pretty cool. Can something like table top simulator be used to play them?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Yeah some of the COIN games are on TTS last I checked, although nothing by Brian Train. Here's a few:

Cuba Libre (definitely the game to start with)
Andean Abyss
Fire In The Lake

Dreylad has issued a correction as of 21:43 on Oct 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

There's also VASSAL which is free and better for a lot of wargames imo; it's a bit clumsy to use but doesn't have to mess around with TTS' weird physics. Pretty sure the entire COIN series is on there