Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Blistex posted:

When poo poo gets even 10x worse for Russia, and anyone speaking English is getting lynched by mobs in the street, western morons will still be lining up to go to Russia.
Listen, there is unprecedented economic opportunity in this upheaval. Do you want to create shareholder value for American businesses or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

stealie72 posted:

Listen, there is unprecedented economic opportunity in this upheaval. Do you want to create shareholder value for American businesses or not?

Nah, sanctions are bad for business. The only Americans left there are Edward Snowden, Britney Griner, and people who are about to end up like Edward Snowden or Britney Griner.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Isn't Seagal still there?

They can keep him.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1575108090327867393?t=tnEBMatE85B_G8Ovv6VZjg&s=19

I would have thought this already would have been a pretty good idea months ago

GOTCHA Snowden haha!

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

psydude posted:

Nah, sanctions are bad for business. The only Americans left there are Edward Snowden, Britney Griner, and people who are about to end up like Edward Snowden or Britney Griner.

As recently as 2 months ago I knew of Americans travelling to Russia to visit family. The only unusual part of the trip for them was no direct flights, so travel was a hassle. Otherwise it was a normal trip for them without BS at customs or anything. I was surprised, but it seems like it's been no big deal, at least until the mobilization stuff hit.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Isn't Seagal still there?

They can keep him.

Also Takeshi69 or whatever lord snitch calls himself.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
Yeah, there are probably a decent number of Americans who have been living in the country for years or decades, possibly with family. They were stuck between a rock and a hard place before the invasion started, and I can only imagine it's going to get worse. As an American expat married to a foreign woman, I have no idea what the hell I would be doing if I were in Russia instead.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

stealie72 posted:

Ted Rall says everything is fine there.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lmao if they imprison takeshi sixix6ixtynine9ine

we'll just offer them logan and jake paul too

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I receive: nothing

you receive: Gina Carano, Tim Allen, James Cordon, Andrew Tate, Rob Schneider, Kevin Sorbo....

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alan Smithee posted:

I receive: nothing

you receive: Gina Carano, Tim Allen, James Cordon, Andrew Tate, Rob Schneider, Kevin Sorbo....

James Cordon? I’ll admit I don’t watch any of his stuff, but I thought he was just some late night host? Though not quite as pathetic as Jimmy Fallon.

Also can we send them all of RT USs former reporters?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Let's include Tim Pool. You know. Like a bonus.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Marshal Prolapse posted:

James Cordon? I’ll admit I don’t watch any of his stuff, but I thought he was just some late night host? Though not quite as pathetic as Jimmy Fallon.

Also can we send them all of RT USs former reporters?

he just sucks

we can send jimmy fallon too

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Send Sam Hyde so we will finally be free of his terror

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/FridaGhitis/status/1574935269857693696

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1575108090327867393?t=tnEBMatE85B_G8Ovv6VZjg&s=19

I would have thought this already would have been a pretty good idea months ago

How bad is this?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

That's a lovely morning pick-me-up, but what kind of field trenches are finished with bricks?

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

How bad is this?

The Ghost advises compliance.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

How bad is this?

Normal given the circumstances, they told everyone to get out before the invasion.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Madurai posted:

That's a lovely morning pick-me-up, but what kind of field trenches are finished with bricks?

Fortified positions can have lots of different building materials like concrete and stuff. It takes time to build but it's not unusual if you have pioneers to do it.

That being said berets are for parading and looking fancy so who knows where they are stationed.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 28, 2022

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Madurai posted:

my guess is it's probably staged and that's the foundation of a former building or something.

That account has posted a bunch of Iranian women doing beautiful versions of Bella Ciao today too. If you need more pick me ups.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

How bad is this?

The last time they issued a warning like this, Russia invaded Ukraine a few days later.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

WaltherFeng posted:

Fortified positions can have lots of different building materials like concrete and stuff. It takes time to build but it's not unusual if you have pioneers to do it.

That being said berets are for parading and looking fancy so who knows where they are stationed.

The one on the ge right has on dangly earrings too theyre probably in a safer area

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Stravag posted:

The one on the ge right has on dangly earrings too theyre probably in a safer area

Odesa is a possibility. I've seen some stone fortifications around there.

The video is at least 3 or 4 months old.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

How bad is this?

As far as I can tell, the warning is mainly to dual nationals, along the lines of "get out now if you don't want to get drafted".

US Embassy in Moscow posted:

On September 21, the Russian government began a mobilization of its citizens to the armed forces in support of its invasion of Ukraine. Russia may refuse to acknowledge dual nationals’ U.S. citizenship, deny their access to U.S. consular assistance, prevent their departure from Russia, and conscript dual nationals for military service.

CabooseRvB
Aug 12, 2022

I miss Sheila :c
https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-09-28-22#h_83d2656e33a9d4b3aeaab43e7219fc89

quote:

The US Department of Defense announced an additional $1.1 billion in security assistance for Ukraine under the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative, meaning the money will be spent to manufacture and provide new weapons to Ukraine. These weapons will not come directly from pre-existing US stocks of weapons.

Eighteen High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems and “associated ammunitions,” are included in the package, the release states.

The package also includes 150 Armored High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles, 40 trucks and 80 trailers to “transport heavy equipment,” additional radars for Unmanned Aerial Systems, among other items.

The US has committed “more than $16.2 billion in security assistance to Ukraine,” since the Russian invasion began in February, the release adds.

That's like a FA BDE's and them some worth of stuff headed to Ukraine.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

CabooseRvB posted:

That's like a FA BDE's and them some worth of stuff headed to Ukraine.

Sorry, what is that word salad mean? They're getting a Field Artillery something of HiMARS and a Stryker brigade?

CabooseRvB
Aug 12, 2022

I miss Sheila :c

stackofflapjacks posted:

Sorry, what is that word salad mean? They're getting a Field Artillery something of HiMARS and a Stryker brigade?

"A Field Artillery Brigade's worth of equipment and then some."

Haven't studied up what a HIMARS unit actually comprises of but that's a lot of stuff for a $1B package.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

18 new or just the current total?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Marshal Prolapse posted:

18 new or just the current total?

Looks like it's all new.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

How bad is this?

At this point it's just them saying 'if you are a dual national and are dumb enough to stick around, Uncle Sam isn't going to do anything for you when you get conscripted. You have been warned'.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

psydude posted:

Yeah people forget that the US is still the second biggest manufacturer of stuff in the world. The gap with China will probably wind up shrinking this year as well due to Zero COVID and the US economy's continued inertia.

Always confused at the "America doesn't make anything anymore" people. America doesn't make much in the way of cheap consumer goods anymore, it makes higher value stuff. There aren't as many manufacturing jobs because the owners replaced you with a robot, not because the US stopped making things.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

new article on intercepted Russian phone calls home showing how badly things are going. Non-paywall link:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...&smid=share-url

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

psydude posted:

this is pretty close to reality, very very few americans actually go to/are in russia at any given time. iirc average is a few hundred at any given time. Since 2019 it's down by 75-80%.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Hyrax Attack! posted:

new article on intercepted Russian phone calls home showing how badly things are going. Non-paywall link:

Jesus that’s depressing.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

That’s some incredible reporting.

One has to wonder if the discontent in the Russian military will have domestic implications, or if Putin is counting on demoralized troops getting killed so his generals won’t have to deal with them.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

Always confused at the "America doesn't make anything anymore" people. America doesn't make much in the way of cheap consumer goods anymore, it makes higher value stuff. There aren't as many manufacturing jobs because the owners replaced you with a robot, not because the US stopped making things.

America is the second largest exporter of goods in the world. Hard to find that information though because most google searches for export totals will just return results about how the US is the worlds largest importer of goods. Almost like it’s intended to give a false impression.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Also Takeshi69 or whatever lord snitch calls himself.

Seriously confused me how he ends working with Nikki Minaj, who also says ridiculous anti-vaxx conspiracy poo poo on Twitter, after he became informant on literally anyone he could get in trouble

Him being in Russia after the invasion goes full swing at least makes me see who the gently caress might be actually buying his horrible loving music.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
A modern US Army HIMARS battalion is 27 HIMARS (3x firing platoons of 9 each). They used to be (and most still are) 2x8 instead of 3x9.

The change was announced in 2020-ish and the first units were fielded at full strength in 2021. I don’t think they finish going to 3x9 until 2026 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

A modern US Army HIMARS battalion is 27 HIMARS (3x firing platoons of 9 each). They used to be (and most still are) 2x8 instead of 3x9.

The change was announced in 2020-ish and the first units were fielded at full strength in 2021. I don’t think they finish going to 3x9 until 2026 or so.

You probably meant Battery/Company, right?