Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Bored As gently caress posted:

Whats wrong with the other peoples faces

Cursed videotape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Thanks. His mother is an idiot that never evacuates.

My coworker has in-laws in Florida, the memes are all about evacuating was the scene from Wolf of Wall St.

"I ain't fuckin' leavin'!"

As a respecter of Mother Nature I don't know if I'd stay with that forecast but then again where else do you go?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Nope.

https://twitter.com/MikeTheiss/status/1575114011498401792

Nope nope nope. Don't like that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

stackofflapjacks posted:

As a respecter of Mother Nature I don't know if I'd stay with that forecast but then again where else do you go?

Well, in my nephew's case, to either of his grandparents' houses in Tennessee.

But I've had bowling balls that are sharper than his mother.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Crab Dad posted:

Mmm. Yeah I got those dreams all the time and then I wake up and remember It’s not a dream and I’m still 45.

Ask me about failed jobs and attempts at college because enough stress and I wake up wondering why I'm in a bed holding a cat and not in a position with a rifle.

Here is said cat to keep this from being low content shitposting.

Wonder Free
Jun 19, 2006

Throw some D's..

Yes. People also go play in the new shallows and then get wrecked by the wall of water when the storm decides to push all that water back in suddenly.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

why does far right have four boobs

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

why does far right have four boobs

Everyone in that photo is a boob.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

You wouldn't want to embarrass people for hanging out with racists, would you? Come on, this was all in the past, let's not drag anyone's reputation for not calling out explicit racism in front of their face.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Riding out a storm when your state government has been dramatically depleted by Covid is a bad idea. I get the feeling that some communities are gonna need quite a bit of time to get power restored

brains
May 12, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You wouldn't want to embarrass people for hanging out with racists, would you? Come on, this was all in the past, let's not drag anyone's reputation for not calling out explicit racism in front of their face.

it's only party racism. a racist party, if you will.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Probably major donors

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

My sister lives in Port Charlotte, Im just operating under the assumption her place is gonna be written off (good thing she rents I guess?)

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Latest has Port Charlotte waterfront getting a 12-18 foot storm surge so yeah. Hopefully your sister got out or at least is sheltering on higher ground.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

And after the federal government funds most of that, Floridians will still vote for people who want to dismantle the system that keeps their state afloat.

A lot of people in FL don’t deserve this but I’d love to see Biden make DeSantis beg for federal aid. Wonder what Biden can squeeze from DeSantis. Maybe lots of FEMA and federal troops too.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Right wing poo poo heads will take every dollar of it and spit in Biden's face for giving it to them. They're the good people they deserve it, everyone not of their chosen in-group are manipulative and undeserving and Biden is the illegitimate leader.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/AlexFeuz/status/1575124824564826115

Here's a projection for Fort Meyers:

https://twitter.com/EFisherWX/status/1575083552357879809

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Fuuuuuuuck that. That cam is gonna turn into a snuff flick.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Man that's dire

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Yeah, all those maps indicate that the area's hosed

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Fuuuuuuuck that. That cam is gonna turn into a snuff flick.

The gbs hurricane thread says that camera is dead already. Probably power outage.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Video from 6 feet off the ground in Fort Meyers, which was the same place of the swimmers:

https://twitter.com/mikebettes/status/1575180210219139080

Live surgecam at the bottom-right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2aticerEcs

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Those people are loving dead and don't know it. Florida man, on a Valkyrie's Wings, Ascend to Valhalla :gbsmith:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm still not seeing any footage of proud floridians shooting at the hurricane.

I'm sure it's happening, but no one is posting vids yet.

This would be an ideal time for a giggle switch. No one is going out into that storm to see who's shooting an auto AR at clouds.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Latest has Port Charlotte waterfront getting a 12-18 foot storm surge so yeah. Hopefully your sister got out or at least is sheltering on higher ground.

She got out, she lives in the "B" flood zone whatever that means

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/TheAstroNick/status/1575179322599493632?t=taUJQoGHTsPtgGxe3x9sPw&s=19

Wonder Free
Jun 19, 2006

Throw some D's..
Was just about to post that. Nick is a giant dork but he’s a good follow for images and video from the back end. They also successfully dropped a drone on that flight. Not sure on the range and life of it but the target was 150nm. Probably difficult with attenuation from all the rain.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Basticle posted:

She got out, she lives in the "B" flood zone whatever that means

Had to look this up yesterday: https://www.fox13news.com/weather/know-your-zone-florida-evacuation-zones-what-they-mean-and-when-to-leave

Basically, if there's 11-15 foot storm surge, zone Bs are told to get the gently caress out. People in those zones are the true idiots if they haven't evacuated - can't hunker down against 15 feet of water. The wind and rain really loving sucks and wrecks poo poo, but the storm surge is the killer.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/TheAstroNick/status/1575185084780785665?t=W6elsgZvIO7yJkO8uP4JMQ&s=19

I know we have a hurricane hunter around here - but the video just reminds me of how some folks are just wired different. And it's loving nuts that the "minor" turbulence that only kindasorta came through the first part of the video was enough to completely upend all of the beds in the plane. Woof.

https://twitter.com/TheAstroNick/status/1575152959767322625?t=qp0hemM4knSz9rjPp_1_OQ&s=19

Edit: possible thread title here

https://twitter.com/LarcusMywood_/status/1575185945540067328?t=1ebkWpcLPdPKe3UDPuTBEg&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 28, 2022

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Anything that takes the federal huricane/flood/etc insurance payout should be converted into federal state park.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
The federal government spent billions and billions of federal dollars to deal with "superstorm" sandy. They can pony up to fix coastal communities too.

If we want to actually deal with climate change, thats one thing. Simply choosing winners and losers out of those harmed by the consequences of our inaction is another. gently caress that poo poo.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2022/09/27/aim-high-air-force-green-lights-waivers-for-thc-positive-applicants/

quote:

Aim high: Air Force green-lights waivers for THC-positive applicants
By Rachel S. Cohen
Sep 27, 03:15 PM

The Air Force and Space Force are now offering a second chance to applicants who test positive for the high-inducing chemical tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) during their entrance physical.

The temporary policy change marks an attempt to rethink an aspect of the Air Force’s stringent ban on marijuana use as the service struggles to meet its recruiting goals.

“Previously, a positive THC result on the initial test would have led to a permanent bar from entry into the [Air Force or Space Force],” Air Force spokesperson Ann Stefanek said. “The pilot program offers some prospective applicants an opportunity to retest after 90 days if they are granted a waiver.”

To earn a waiver, applicants must score at least 50 points on the Armed Forces Qualification Test, have no felony or misdemeanor convictions, possess a high school diploma and be otherwise medically qualified for service. They must meet all other qualification standards as well.

“If those who have been granted a waiver pass a second test, candidates will be allowed to enlist,” Stefanek said.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Suicide Watch posted:

A lot of people in FL don’t deserve this but I’d love to see Biden make DeSantis beg for federal aid. Wonder what Biden can squeeze from DeSantis. Maybe lots of FEMA and federal troops too.

No.

And you are a huge piece of poo poo and a loving moron for even hinting at it, let alone lusting for it.

gently caress you.

Doesn’t matter if it’s Hurricanes in Texas and Florida, or Earthquakes in California, or Volcano’s in Hawaii. We should aspire to help anyone if they need it, when they need it. I don’t loving care of it’s a $45 million mass high water evacuation of “The Villages” in Florida or $20 billion to rebuild Puerto Rico. It all needs to happen. With gusto.

We don’t need a loving Donald Trump with a motherfucking (D) after their goddamned name on TV.

WHY?

WE loving HAD ONE UNTIL 2007, AND HE LATER BECAME THE WORST REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT ON A LIST THAT CONTAINS loving GEORGE W. BUSH AND RICHARD M. NIXON!

Reject trumpism, or rather, fascism. Don’t just put lipstick on it and call it a day.

You tremendously stupid piece of barely sentient poo poo.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
That's a reasonably good representation of how I've been feeling in general, especially over the last six months. I don't give a poo poo about how much any given demographic may have "deserved" to be in any given situation, human beings deserve to be taken care of

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Hope they like doing whatever job you can get with popping hot at MEPS and no security clearance. I was going to say "enjoy being a cop" but that's probably not on the list.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Godholio posted:

Hope they like doing whatever job you can get with popping hot at MEPS and no security clearance. I was going to say "enjoy being a cop" but that's probably not on the list.

MPs need clearances so welcome to mechanical maintenance, fellow potheads.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That's a reasonably good representation of how I've been feeling in general, especially over the last six months. I don't give a poo poo about how much any given demographic may have "deserved" to be in any given situation, human beings deserve to be taken care of

Yes.... it's funny how much my views have changed as I've gotten older. It's not about who they might be so much as it is about who we are.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Grip it and rip it posted:

The federal government spent billions and billions of federal dollars to deal with "superstorm" sandy. They can pony up to fix coastal communities too.

If we want to actually deal with climate change, thats one thing. Simply choosing winners and losers out of those harmed by the consequences of our inaction is another. gently caress that poo poo.

New York City is a coastal community

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Imagine if all their poo poo wasn't strapped down and tucked away.

https://twitter.com/TheAstroNick/status/1575179978718998528?t=HXEcSbaSdN3wRWEVx4Ybig&s=19

Thus, the term "ship shape".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Yes.... it's funny how much my views have changed as I've gotten older. It's not about who they might be so much as it is about who we are.

This is a good way of phrasing it.

Sometimes I catch myself and have to be reminded of this.