Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hmm... EoSF or Noblesse on Candace?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

No Wave posted:

ohhh I see the stars arent hp scaling.

Another comrade tragically fallen victim to "Kokomi's Folly" :pressf:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Gut feeling is Noblesse since Candace's burst doesn't really seem to be about the damage she personally deals with it the way like Xiangling's or Xingqiu's are.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

2-Emblem/2-Millelith

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

YoshiOfYellow posted:

"Have you somehow offended the gods in some way?"

Absolutely amazing.

Just got to this part and came here to post it. A proper gem.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Pulled 50x (from 0 pity) on Cyno and got 2x Candace, 3x Sayu, and a couple of weapons. I just wanted a Kuki :(

So torn on continuing to pull for Cyno or not. I will have enough primos to hit pity AND have 160 more rolls for Nahida, but that would likely bring me to 0. And then we have all the other characters coming out like Scaramouche, Dehya...

It's like I want to predict what Nahida's best team will be and get that, but we can't know it because no one is out yet. Guess I'll at least wait a few weeks to see what people think of Cyno

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nahida seems like one of those characters where her 'best team' will be 'literally anything that remotely works with her,' like raiden

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm going noblesse. The HP scaling on the buff is pretty poor and she does no damage anyways.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I hope her C2 is them testing out the waters for doing more radical things with transformative reactions opening the door to make superconduct not 95% garbage

I wonder if she can keep burning permanently on enemies doing literally nothing aside from applying her mark. (Edit: ah nm, someone else would have to keep triggering reactions for her to reapply Dendro)

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 28, 2022

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Her passive sounds like it could be interesting. Looks like it might harvest all plants in an area, but maybe trees? Plus some additional effects.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I guess I won't be doing the web event because it wants me to read some loving privacy policy wall of text that it won't acknowledge when I've read it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I do not like that C6 for nahida turns her into a hyper carry but I dont care because even at C0 her kit is fantastic. If the C2 is a flat 30% def reduction on all damage and not just the reaction one then I might whale on constellations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Stare-Out posted:

I guess I won't be doing the web event because it wants me to read some loving privacy policy wall of text that it won't acknowledge when I've read it.

youre just supposed to tick the "yes i've totally read this link" box, not actually read it

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

youre just supposed to tick the "yes i've totally read this link" box, not actually read it

You had to click on that? I just completely ignored it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There wasn't one.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Stare-Out posted:

There wasn't one.

For me it was a tiny circle to the left of where you click to read the text.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
looks like it only shows up if you aren't signed in

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
We'll hopefully find out soon but there are some things that could be issues with Nahida's kit.

The first possible issue is that her dendro application on her E has an unbuffed 1.9 second CD that only goes off when you trigger a reaction meaning you'll never get it to go off every 1.9 seconds and we don't know what it's ICD is. The second possible issue is that her burst says "while Nahida remains within the Shrine of Maya" this could mean that when she's off field she won't get the buffs. There's also a difference between Uba and Project Amber for her burst's electro teammate buff where Uba put a % at the end Project Amber did not, so it could just be a flat .3/.45 second reduction.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tanreall posted:

We'll hopefully find out soon but there are some things that could be issues with Nahida's kit.

The first possible issue is that her dendro application on her E has an unbuffed 1.9 second CD that only goes off when you trigger a reaction meaning you'll never get it to go off every 1.9 seconds and we don't know what it's ICD is. The second possible issue is that her burst says "while Nahida remains within the Shrine of Maya" this could mean that when she's off field she won't get the buffs. There's also a difference between Uba and Project Amber for her burst's electro teammate buff where Uba put a % at the end Project Amber did not, so it could just be a flat .3/.45 second reduction.

For the last point Ubatcha already issued a correction to the leak.
For the second point: That just seems like unnecessary fearmongering, her whole kit is clearly built around being off-field (besides C6, which specifically changes her to an on field hypercarry like a lot of C6es for support characters do so the thousand-dollar megafans get to 'main' the character they spent all that money on), so it would just be nonsensical if MHY added restrictions like that to the burst.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Well, it could be something where they want you to set up a bunch of off-field dps and then switch onto her and have her sit on the field while stuff pops off. I think it'll just be the party has to stay inside of it though.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Fearmongering? Are you for real? In what way is what I posted fearmongering?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
The real issue with her kit, that actually matters, is that if you kill all the enemies marked by her she won't be able to apply any more dendro until you switch back to her. So if, hypothetically, you had some sort of hypercarry unit that requires large stretches of uninterrupted field time to fuction, you might have some uptime problems in situations where you have to fight waves of enemies!

Looks like snakeman might have at least one team type where he might be BiS after all. Good for him.

Tanreall posted:

Please do not be upset. Lots of peeps in the GI fandom have hair trigger responses about "prerelease doomposting." Nothing personal.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I really wanna know how often Layla ult slugs hit. With an unused EOSF set I have and a sac sword that puts her at HP 33467, cr 57.1%, cd 123.8% and ER 221.5% her ult crits for 7345 at C0 and 12146 C6 without any buffs and not counting the shooting stars.
If it hits often enough she might be a decent hybrid of diona and rosaria. Maybe good enough to escape the 4th slot of ayaka and ganyu freeze teams that many other cryo units are fighting for.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Sep 29, 2022

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://streamable.com/pf2kwk

Layla gameplay (though it doesnt show the star attacks since no enemies)

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I'm confused about the purpose of Cyno's kit. So Cyno's 5* weapon is crit rate and the only dendro reaction that is capable of crits is electro+dendro, correct?

Does that mean you're meant to build Cyno for mono-electro DPS? But then why does he have EM converted into buffs as a bonus? Either you want EM for all the non-crit reactions or you want ATK & crit for electro DPS. Cyno sure looks like an electro DPS so I doubt you'd want to go all-in on EM for purely reaction damage. If he's like Fischl or Raiden then sure you want some EM but any electro-reaction damage will never pull the same weight as their straight-up electro DPS, so you build them for electro DPS even though electro reactions can't crit.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tanreall posted:

Not you in particular but people on reddit/twitter/etc really love to latch on to random worst-interpretation guesses about stuff like that and repeat them ad infinitum. I already saw some of them posting that exact same thing so I figured you got it from them.

Sanctum posted:

So Cyno's 5* weapon is crit rate and the only dendro reaction that is capable of crits is electro+dendro, correct? Does that mean you're meant to build Cyno for mono-electro DPS?

???? no, you're meant to build him for electro+dendro quicken teams.
you got the answer right in the first sentence.

Quicken/aggravate is similar to vaporize in that it benefits from EM plus all the other attacker stats like crit and damage bonus. Although not attack. So you want to build him exactly like any other DPS with crit hat + elemental goblet but maybe with an EM sands instead of an atk one. Hu Tao uses the same kind of build even.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 29, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Sanctum posted:

I'm confused about the purpose of Cyno's kit. So Cyno's 5* weapon is crit rate and the only dendro reaction that is capable of crits is electro+dendro, correct?

Does that mean you're meant to build Cyno for mono-electro DPS? But then why does he have EM converted into buffs as a bonus? Either you want EM for all the non-crit reactions or you want ATK & crit for electro DPS. Cyno sure looks like an electro DPS so I doubt you'd want to go all-in on EM for purely reaction damage. If he's like Fischl or Raiden then sure you want some EM but any electro-reaction damage will never pull the same weight as their straight-up electro DPS, so you build them for electro DPS even though electro reactions can't crit.

What's there to be confused about? He likes aggravate (Electro/Dendro)

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

So the only 4* I have on this banner is sayu. I throw in 60 rolls and what do I get?

4 sayus :shepicide: I have a guarantee I want to save for the dendro archon too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you put him in a dendro/electro party and build him with a mix of EM, atk, and crit

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mix. posted:

Which banner is this char on? 3.2?

Looking somewhat likely that I will chase a C2 for Nahida.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

BabyRyoga posted:

Which banner is this char on? 3.2?

Looking somewhat likely that I will chase a C2 for Nahida.

yeah, Nahida and Layla are 3.2, since 3.1 is out the beta for the next patch is live in CN which is why we always get kits/anims at the start of a patch :v:

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Mix. posted:

Interesting that the ult just doesn't do anything without enemies in range, the only skills I can think of that would not just shoot or proc randomly are fish OZ, yae turrets and lisa ult. I guess its like lisa ult with c4 or this restriction "When a Starlight Slug hits, it will generate 1 Night Star for nearby Curtains of Slumber. Each Curtain of Slumber can gain 1 Night Star this way every 0.5s" would imply that it shots way to often with that damage.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 29, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mix. posted:

I like her normal attack animations

Also it owns that she takes a little nap inside her shield if you stay still after casting

Tanreall posted:

I'm curious to see real team gameplay, especially when it comes to her E and how well/how often it applies dendro.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Based off her current numbers Layla's level 12 shield is equal to Zhongli's 9, just without the bonus mitigation his gets. I hope those go live, because it'll be nice to have another shielder who's even close to that strong. The real question is if they will make an accessible 4* hp% sword.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Endorph posted:

nahida seems like one of those characters where her 'best team' will be 'literally anything that remotely works with her,' like raiden

Too bad she is a dumb baby toddler...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

Too bad she is a dumb baby toddler...
yeah raiden is written pretty stupidly in her first character quest

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Okay, you got me there.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Endorph posted:

you put him in a dendro/electro party and build him with a mix of EM, atk, and crit
So Cyno is an electro DPS for aggravate reactions which can crit so you'll build him with crit in mind.

I have Beidou/Keqing/Fischl/Raiden all built around electro DPS with crit rate even though electro reactions couldn't crit until recently. Sounds like I don't particularly need Cyno for aggravate because I have 4 characters built with the same relevant stats in mind.

I have 30k primos banked for Nahida so I could grab either Cyno or Nilou depending on who is fun to use.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i mean.... i guess i cant complain. but possibly one of the funniest artifact sets to get it on.