Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yeah they charge right away. You could do the payment plan through PayPal alternatively and pay bi-weekly instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Orange Carlisle posted:

Is it normal for Vinegar Syndrome to charge your card now for a pre-order that doesn't ship until like December? This is my first order from them and I guess most of the places I order from charge on the ship date.

Don't worry, they're not some fly by night operation, you will get your copy of Roadhouse.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

Is it normal for Vinegar Syndrome to charge your card now for a pre-order that doesn't ship until like December? This is my first order from them and I guess most of the places I order from charge on the ship date.

I can confirm this is 100% normal, I pre-order from Vinegar Syndrome every month and get charged in advance and always get my package :)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least some (if not all) of Arrow's December lineup:

Silent Running 4K
Nightmare at Noon
The Leech

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1575265627354419200

The Leech loving rules, definitely getting that one

Also in December, Warner Archive is releasing new 4K scans of Attack of the 50ft Woman and Night of the Iguana

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Silent Running UHD is dope because I had considered the Blu-Ray for awhile. Had a chance to see it in theaters a couple years back and I blew it :(

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Rocky and Rocky II UHDs announced.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Thank you for the responses - I guess I'm used to pre-ordering at places like amazon and best buy where they often times charge you when your order ships. I know they're legitimate I've just never ordered straight from them and just was curious if it was the usual or if it was because we are locking in the discount price before their black friday sale.

Iron Crowned posted:

Don't worry, they're not some fly by night operation, you will get your copy of Roadhouse.

got me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The target near me has reduced their Blu-ray section by a quarter, but they’re now using that space for manga. Kinda broke even I guess., although they don’t stock my series.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Orange Carlisle posted:

Thank you for the responses - I guess I'm used to pre-ordering at places like amazon and best buy where they often times charge you when your order ships. I know they're legitimate I've just never ordered straight from them and just was curious if it was the usual or if it was because we are locking in the discount price before their black friday sale.

got me

Best Buy puts a hold on your card, the hold expires, they put the hold on again, it expires, repeat for weeks until the order ships

This is why I do not preorder from BB more than a few days out from release. Either charge me now or when it ships, don't gently caress with my balance for six goddamned weeks

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

pwn posted:

Best Buy puts a hold on your card, the hold expires, they put the hold on again, it expires, repeat for weeks until the order ships

This is why I do not preorder from BB more than a few days out from release. Either charge me now or when it ships, don't gently caress with my balance for six goddamned weeks

Canadian folks who’ve dealt with Unobstructed View know this pain all too well - stuff can sit on Backorder for like 6 months at a time!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1575563287076700161

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:bisonyes:

Zack Snyder's only great movie

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

his best movie getting the treatment it rightfully deserves.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chris James 2 posted:

Silent Running 4K

Of loving course, I just bought the Blu-Ray a few months back.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

More like YAWN of the Dead.

I actually like this movie.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I actually kind of like the Dawn of the Dead remake too. I didn't when I first saw it in the theater, but it grew on me later.

I'm at the point where I attribute the parts I like about DotD to James Gunn, and blame anything I don't like about it on Zack Snyder.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I used to lover it. Watched it about a month ago and was bored. But I've recently started to really really like the original so I'm probably biased now.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I blame anything I don't like about Dawn of the Dead on James Gunn because he sucks

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I blame everything good in the world on James Gunn.

Except dawn of the dead which I didn’t like that much last time I watched it. Idk.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I liked Tromeo and Juliet, that’s basically my take on James Gunn

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

If you don't like Peacemaker, just don't even talk to me. I mean what the hell.

Anyway, got my Kino and Diabolik orders in today, only half of my haul is horror so it'll have to wait until after the Halloween season. Kino was Rawhead Rex, Nosferatu (saw the restoration on Shudder and it's gorgeous, had to own a copy) and Terror Train. Diabolik was two Walerian Borowczyk movies and the New Battles Without Honor and Humanity trilogy.

Now Shout's doing their sale and... there's a ton of stuff of theirs I still want to buy, but now's not really the time for me to spend a bunch more on even more blu rays. :shrug:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I saw Rawhead Rex on a local tv station when I was a kid, I still can’t believe they kept the priest getting pissed on scene in the television version.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Couldn’t help myself with the Shout sale since Halloween is coming up.

Friday the 13th Boxset
Bubba Ho-Tep
Slither
Death Becomes Her
Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires
Silent Hill
Dawn of the Dead
My Bloody Valentine (Steelbook)

Finally, a big sale order where I’ve actually seen every single movie (except for Jason Goes to Hell and the 2009 remake).

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
best buy reopened pre orders for res dogs (they have an exclusive steel)

also got to tell a few friends who didn't know that it's a rip off of "city on fire (1987)"...QT is lucky he got famous before google searches. luckiest man in hollywood

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Sep 30, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

zer0spunk posted:

also got to tell a few friends who didn't know that it's a rip off of "city on fire (1987)"...QT is lucky he got famous before google searches. luckiest man in hollywood

I mean, I'm pretty sure google existed when Black Swan came out. Didn't seem to effect much.

And that show Firefly. The only people who liked that show lived on the internet, but most of them seemed to either miss or not care that Firefly was a worse Outlaw Star

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Ripping off other stuff is good

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zer0spunk posted:

I was really loving confused because I interpreted this as "Reservation Dogs"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Silent Running 4K
Nightmare at Noon
The Leech

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1575265627354419200

The Leech loving rules, definitely getting that one

The announcements were this, and the UK also gets Croupier and the Ju-On Collection

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I've never cared much about Snyder one way or the other and I don't get why he's such a divisive figure. Dawn of the Dead 04 is an entertaining horror movie and that's as much thought as I devote to it. I think the internet has brain poisoned everyone where you can't just be like "Yeah that thing is good." or "No, I don't like that.". poo poo has to either be the greatest thing in the history of civilization or you have to hate it with every fiber of your being and treat everyone who disagrees like they're scum. It's just weird to me that Snyder in particular is a director that makes everyone lose their goddamn minds.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

CPL593H posted:

I've never cared much about Snyder one way or the other and I don't get why he's such a divisive figure. Dawn of the Dead 04 is an entertaining horror movie and that's as much thought as I devote to it. I think the internet has brain poisoned everyone where you can't just be like "Yeah that thing is good." or "No, I don't like that.". poo poo has to either be the greatest thing in the history of civilization or you have to hate it with every fiber of your being and treat everyone who disagrees like they're scum. It's just weird to me that Snyder in particular is a director that makes everyone lose their goddamn minds.

combo of genuinely divisive style, pre-existing comic book slapfights and bot armies

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Please refer to oscar winning director zack snyder with his proper title of "Oscar winning director"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I simply have not enjoyed many of Zach Snyder's movies

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dawn 04 is one of my favorites, but I wish I could read the original script Gunn wrote, I heard it was way more scumbaggy.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Dawn 04 is one of my favorites, but I wish I could read the original script Gunn wrote, I heard it was way more scumbaggy.

It's pretty easy to find online

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Like I really have no dog in this race, Dawn of the Dead and Watchmen were the only Zack Snyder movies I've watched or cared to watch. Both were okay :shrug:

To me "Zack Snyder" is just shorthand for "competent but soulless by-the-numbers movie".

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Alright that's enough general ZS chat, go to the dome yada yada

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
My only real problem with the Dawn of the Dead remake is that I'll see "Dawn of the Dead" listed on TV or a streaming service and be like "all right!" before I realize it's almost certainly not the one I was thinking of, but that's more on Richard Rubinstein than anyone else. The actual movie is fine.

(I'd heard some buzz somewhere that the 3D conversion might actually get shown somewhere so maybe he'll finally make back that investment and ease up the reins a little.)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I like how Fun City Editions is clearly Vinegar Syndrome not calling themselves Vinegar Syndrome for reasons.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I ordered Severin’s The Changeling UHD and it supposedly shipped today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1575968772531232768?s=20&t=YQgXRUEqGmVeeTfuZZ6AzA

What the gently caress. Like come ON.