Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
rice in burritos: just don't do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AARD VARKMAN posted:

SOmetimes I like to do it

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

bullshit

i worked at a mexican place in college that let you make whatever you wanted for dinner as part of your pay. i think steak and chicken fajitas were $2 extra but my go- to for like two years was a chimichanga with rice, beans, ground beef, peas and cheese with sour cream and guac on top.

the rice is essential carbs when that's your only meal that day!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

boar guy posted:

bullshit

i worked at a mexican place in college that let you make whatever you wanted for dinner as part of your pay. i think steak and chicken fajitas were $2 extra but my go- to for like two years was a chimichanga with rice, beans, ground beef, peas and cheese with sour cream and guac on top.

the rice is essential carbs when that's your only meal that day!

you put freaking peas in your burrito?????

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

AARD VARKMAN posted:

you put freaking peas in your burrito?????

no burrito rules!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Not even in the top 50% of gross food in this thread.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

LifeSunDeath posted:

are there any fancy beans?

Coffee beans

Baked coffee beans on toast, hmmm

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Roasted peas coated in wasabi.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

By popular demand posted:

Roasted peas coated in wasabi.

on a burrito?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
wasabi burrito doesn't sound bad at all

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you can get sushi burritos. i could go for that rn, my sinuses need to be cleaned out.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

uber_stoat posted:

no burrito rules!

I'd go straight for that, no regrets. Unless it turns out I don't like mushy peas, in which case some regrets

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Fishless fillets and creamy pea puree sounds loving grim

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

The gardein ones are extremely good actually, they don’t flake the same way real fish does but otherwise the texture is spot on

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh huh, I didn't even look closely enough to see that was fake fish. Somehow I've never even thought about what a fish filet substitute would be like, just the more common stuff like burgs/chicken/hot dogs.

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

Zero_Grade posted:

You could instead not fry the burrito and instead cover it with sauce, resulting in the noble enchilada.

This is inaccurate. Enchiladas use corn tortillas, burritos use flour tortillas. The gluten is necessary to make sure they don't break due to being stuffed and wrapped more tightly.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LifeSunDeath posted:

wasabi burrito doesn't sound bad at all

yeah, I posted that partly in hopes goons would kindly suggest things to go with it to make a burrito, because wasabi beans sounds like a great centerpiece for one

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Wasabi can be used anywhere but is particularly good with beef. The four times a year I make a steak I always have wasabi with it.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

OwlFancier posted:

I had thought for some reason that burritos were like, fried afterwards?

Depending on the style they're often thrown on a dry or very lightly oiled flattop for a minute to get a little bit of color, seal the tortilla, and maybe melt the cheese, but it's toasting, not frying.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

uber_stoat posted:

no burrito rules!

lol the Potash Twins are these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42OGAGXE91k

and I have to say, a burrito with vegan fish stick substitute, fries and pea puree is as close a culinary analogue to their music as anyone can hope to make, and they did it themselves

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Wasabi can be used anywhere but is particularly good with beef. The four times a year I make a steak I always have wasabi with it.

I eat all my meat from fish to steaks marinaded in asada mixes. Lime cumin cilantro garlic and jalapeño with a little salt. Every other marinade is bland as poo poo.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

uber_stoat posted:

you can get sushi burritos. i could go for that rn, my sinuses need to be cleaned out.

What makes this a "sushi burrito" as opposed to just sushi? There's no tortilla an the ingredients just seem to be normal sushi fillings.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

prayer group posted:

and I have to say, a burrito with vegan fish stick substitute, fries and pea puree is as close a culinary analogue to their music as anyone can hope to make, and they did it themselves

At first I thought, "eh, this isn't bad, so far" but then. . . it just didn't go anywhere. Like the song was 100% intro. Just the same four bars over and over for two straight minutes :psyduck:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Tiggum posted:

What makes this a "sushi burrito" as opposed to just sushi? There's no tortilla an the ingredients just seem to be normal sushi fillings.
Because it's the size and shape of a burrito and eaten like one.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

When you think about it every wrap is a burrito, if you're open to it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

prayer group posted:

I'm the host pretending to groove to this cacophony

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

a sexual elk posted:

I eat all my meat from fish to steaks marinaded in asada mixes. Lime cumin cilantro garlic and jalapeño with a little salt. Every other marinade is bland as poo poo.

Don't get me wrong, that's a great marinade, but there's a million Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Indian, and East Asian marinades that pack a ton of flavor, especially the latter packs in that Chilli and citrus punch, with a super deep umami punch.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
This is sold in supermarkets here. A sushi roll wrapped in a tortilla. :finland:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Fusion cuisine, by a country that understands neither of the foods being fused

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I have nothing but respect for the Finns, much like the U.S. they don't listen to anyone yet unlike America they don't launch multiple decade wars for absolutely no good reason.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

DontMockMySmock posted:

At first I thought, "eh, this isn't bad, so far" but then. . . it just didn't go anywhere. Like the song was 100% intro. Just the same four bars over and over for two straight minutes :psyduck:

lol very true, when I got bored with it I wanted to see how it sounded later in the song and I first thought skipping ahead didn't work as I managed to skip to the identical beat again.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

steinrokkan posted:

I'm the host pretending to groove to this cacophony

Sully not the name of Marty Friedman and Jason Becker's shred supergroup with comparisons to this loading screen loop crap!

Also, I never thought I'd say this, but I can't believe the ska erasure on display here.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

By popular demand posted:

When you think about it every wrap is a burrito, if you're open to it.

An open burrito is a taco

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

An open burrito is a taco

Open it more, it's a tostada

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Not sure what the nomenclature is for convex tortilla forms

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Brawnfire posted:

Eating it off the floor like a animal

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

Unfilled eclair.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
that's just when you heat up a tortilla and a big fat blister pops up. is there no name for this specific concept? torticles?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
is a hotdog a meat eclair? or an eclair a sweet hotdog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SuddenCactus posted:

is a hotdog a meat eclair? or an eclair a sweet hotdog?

Nah, but when I was a kid they had hot dogs with chili in the middle, that would be more like a meat eclair.