Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

RareAcumen posted:

What do people want out of a pirate game to begin with? I'm not entirely sure where people are getting let down to begin with.

Black Flag but more of it + the ability to make my own pirate and get into more management/roleplaying hijinks is a dream game for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
yeah i like to pirate games :shopkeeper: :fut: (ignore the trolls bit it's me shadow flipping off the shopkeeper aka the video game industry)

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I kinda just wanted the ship combat with a little more depth part of a whole other pirate game. Like Risen.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

bop bop perano posted:

yeah i like to pirate games :shopkeeper: :fut: (ignore the trolls bit it's me shadow flipping off the shopkeeper aka the video game industry)

WHOA bud

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I want Assassin's Creed 4 ship combat with Dark Messiah first person swashbuckling. I have no idea about this Skull and Bones game, but I will probably give it a look whenever it does come out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

my dream game is sid meier’s pirates! But with more dancing minigames. I’m not joking. That game but with more modern design. Ubisoft would never.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
where's wildman lmao

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Does anyone else ever have issues with their DS reading the wrong d-pad inputs? I've been playing Nioh 2 and for some reason when I hit up on the D-Pad to heal, it occasionally activates the item in the right D-Pad shortcut instead. My finger is never anywhere near the right button though. It's bizarre and gets me killed half the time it happens.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

my dream game is sid meier’s pirates! But with more dancing minigames. I’m not joking. That game but with more modern design. Ubisoft would never.

I’m glad every time this game gets mentioned and people like it. I know it’s a huge cult hit or whatever but when I played it I had heard nothing about it and just played it randomly and it was such a delight.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Bugblatter posted:

Does anyone else ever have issues with their DS reading the wrong d-pad inputs? I've been playing Nioh 2 and for some reason when I hit up on the D-Pad to heal, it occasionally activates the item in the right D-Pad shortcut instead. My finger is never anywhere near the right button though. It's bizarre and gets me killed half the time it happens.

The D-Pad is one piece of plastic, so depending on the way you’re hitting the up button you could also trigger left/right. You might have something trapped under the right button that’s exacerbating it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

What do people want out of a pirate game to begin with? I'm not entirely sure where people are getting let down to begin with.

I want it to be like Prince of Persia and that animated Sinbad movie. Put a giant gorgeous chaos Goddess in it.

GIVE ME A GAL CAN DANCE FANDANGO
ROUND AS A MELON AND SWEET AS A MANGO

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

not in the us.

here we boot up to a huge splash ad of some rando nfl guy with a platinum grill and a rictus grin asking if we're as real as the streets

Are you tho? As real as the streets?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There was a pirate game on the PS1 where you just sailed your little boat around firing the cannons at other boats.

What was that game, they should do that again.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

At least I think it was on the PS1, it might be even older and I might just have a poo poo memory

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It was Overboard

https://youtu.be/zA6Lpwv8XHI

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
CP2077 is 24 bux right now. I played it on Steam on release so I never really saw many problems with it.

So far the PS5 haptics for driving are real good :3

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

History Comes Inside! posted:

There was a pirate game on the PS1 where you just sailed your little boat around firing the cannons at other boats.

What was that game, they should do that again.

Shipwreckers!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah that was the US title it turns out

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

DualSense triggers have ruined other triggers for me.

Any kind of driving or shooting which doesn’t do something with adaptive resistance just feels spongey and lifeless now, it’s crazy.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Holy poo poo I played that demo so much.

Put this game up on the PS+++ classics, Sony you cowards.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Sid Meier's Pirates! is still pretty fun. I have it installed on my series x, even

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

DualSense triggers have ruined other triggers for me.

Any kind of driving or shooting which doesn’t do something with adaptive resistance just feels spongey and lifeless now, it’s crazy.

Adaptive triggers are awesome but it seems like 9.5/10 developers have no idea what the gently caress to do with them and land on "lets make the triggers feel broken"

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The PS5, much like the WiiU, is laden with features nobody can figure out how to use.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
So far they feel great in all first party titles and they’re good in FPS’ when you’re playing single player and don’t need that mp hair trigger.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

adaptive triggers in deathloop were really really good

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Returnal felt exactly like a game made for the PS5 with all its speed and haptics and so forth, and I hope that the PC port is comparable for those getting it there.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The only things they’ve been actively bad in for me so far are:

THPS1+2 where they added a little clicky resistance which feels horrible and fucks up my timing on reverts, but they have a toggle specifically for that in the options to switch it off without turning off any of the other new haptics so it’s not so bad

DMC5 made both of my controllers make a scary clicking sound whenever the sword trigger gimmick kicked in, but they felt ok to use so that’s not so bad.

That Ubisoft BOTW knockoff that I can’t remember the title of, where they had them “pulse” while you were partially holding them down for some stuff and it just felt like you were about to break them instead. Think they patched that out though, so probably also not so bad.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Fix posted:

The PS5, much like the WiiU, is laden with features nobody can figure out how to use.

Disc goes in the drive

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Hot Wheels Unleashed is a great offering especially since it's one of those games where normally if you want the PS4 and PS5 versions you had to buy both at full price, but they'll be offering both versions in PS+. So make sure you actually grab both versions if you care about this, and also note that I think the DLC is also PS4 and PS5 specific so be sure to buy the right ones if you get any.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

bloodychill posted:

So far they feel great in all first party titles and they’re good in FPS’ when you’re playing single player and don’t need that mp hair trigger.

The new Modern Warfare 2 finally figured the tech and you’re at an advantage using the adaptive triggers. Instead of trying to do any fancy “trigger simulation” bullshit, all they did was turn the sensitivity way up so you have hair triggers.

No more pushback from the triggers so your hands don’t feel tired in 5 minutes.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Outer Wilds can be really inscrutable at times, I am way too dumb for this game :negative:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Sammus posted:

The new Modern Warfare 2 finally figured the tech and you’re at an advantage using the adaptive triggers. Instead of trying to do any fancy “trigger simulation” bullshit, all they did was turn the sensitivity way up so you have hair triggers.

No more pushback from the triggers so your hands don’t feel tired in 5 minutes.

this is bad make guns harder to use

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Outer Wilds can be really inscrutable at times, I am way too dumb for this game :negative:

You can do it Skeleton.

bop bop perano posted:

look at veeg, admittedly I bugged them for months about playing both outer wilds, but even moreso with echoes of the eye, because I knew that he would have the reaction that he did and it was amazing.

Every game you have bugged me about I have fallen head over heels for.

In fact the track record for games recommended by PlayStation goons is 100%, which is a serious achievement!

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Nuts and Gum posted:

CP2077 is 24 bux right now. I played it on Steam on release so I never really saw many problems with it.

Last time I tried it it hard crashed on me twice within a couple hours. Ain't nobody got time for that.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

i felt the same way Beanpole, I put it down maybe twice and only after hearing nothing but praise decided to knuckle down and really give it a real square go. It requires you to think out the box a bit but I felt it was fairly well guided for the majority. I'll admit though I got super stumped in the last maybe 10% and just had to look up a guide, I would have loved to have solved it of my own accord but that little bit of assistance was preferable to just binning it out of sheer frustration. It depends which side of that fence you sit on but yeah I wouldn't fault anyone for bouncing off that game out of sheer bewilderment

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
People in the Outer Wilds thread are usually good at giving the absolute minimum hint needed to unblock you if you're really at your wits' end

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Casnorf posted:

this is bad make guns harder to use

It’s a significant improvement over Cold War’s triggers that fought you with every pull. I played the beta with triggers turned both off and on, and it’s actually an improvement in this one.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

haveblue posted:

People in the Outer Wilds thread are usually good at giving the absolute minimum hint needed to unblock you if you're really at your wits' end

And so can we! I loved my time with that game and if I can help anyone else feel a fraction of what I felt then I am here :hai:

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
BP and I were messaging each other on PSN while he was playing and I took a look at his rumor map, and while he’s explored pretty thoroughly, he’s still missed a few of the more important locations which I’m sure is the only reason why he thinks it’s more obtuse than it is. He’s still yet to go to the vessel, the third escape pod, the quantum moon, the core of giants deep/the probe tracking module, the black hole forge, the tower of quantum knowledge, the sun station and obviously the ash twin project.. Or those were the locations with just question marks on them on the rumor map and I also asked if he’d been to any of them and he said no. Oh and he hasn’t been to the lakebed cave but that’s probably the only place he hasn’t been that’s not entirely essential, and hasn’t been to anywhere relating to the dlc besides the shack on timber hearth that tells you about it, but yeah there could be more places I’m not thinking of that are also important, but I also just didn’t remember exactly how the rumor map worked and what exactly a question mark indicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

bop bop perano posted:

BP and I were messaging each other on PSN while he was playing and I took a look at his rumor map, and while he’s explored pretty thoroughly, he’s still missed a few of the more important locations which I’m sure is the only reason why he thinks it’s more obtuse than it is. He’s still yet to go to the vessel, the third escape pod, the quantum moon, the core of giants deep/the probe tracking module, the black hole forge, the tower of quantum knowledge, the sun station and obviously the ash twin project.. Or those were the locations with just question marks on them on the rumor map and I also asked if he’d been to any of them and he said no. Oh and he hasn’t been to the lakebed cave but that’s probably the only place he hasn’t been that’s not entirely essential, and hasn’t been to anywhere relating to the dlc besides the shack on timber hearth that tells you about it, but yeah there could be more places I’m not thinking of that are also important, but I also just didn’t remember exactly how the rumor map worked and what exactly a question mark indicated.

Rumour stuff with a question mark means: More to explore here.

It will pop up in orange for explore and investigate stuff.