Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

this rules

It's so good. I'm stepping down to spend more time with my accusations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

ekuNNN posted:

The full quote:

loving hell

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Old Woman Island posted:

gently caress that guy, it will always be the gateway bridge(s) to me :mad: :australia:

lmao I didn't even know they changed the name because the mwy is still called the gateway motorway

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
I remember when it was the gateway arterial road :smug:

and it had three big roundabouts

edit: heck I remember when it didn't exist and to get to the airport from the southside you had to go through fortitude valley and hamilton

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

lmao I didn't even know they changed the name
They did WHAT

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

My posts are bad because my shitposting team only consists of five people.

https://twitter.com/arperelli/status/1575251628982403072

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Me and my friends have a theory that mr beast is a false flag, a fiction created by twitch and youtube as a gestalt ad for the concept of being a successful streamer. Like he has no worthwhile or interesting characteristics and went from nothing to multimillion dollar empire whose only product seems to be "giving large sums of money to random other streamers".

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Shame Boy posted:

Oh yeah we have some real good water parks. Did you go to Wet N' Wild? For a while they had these firehose swings, where you like, sit back to back with someone and alternate firing water out of a fire hose to swing wildly in every direction. I loved those fuckin' things.

I went to Wet N Wild when I was six and for some reason the one thing I remember was riding in a tube in the lazy river behind a giant dude who had the words R U STILL TICKLISH? shaved into the back of his fade.

to this day I think about that hair cut. what could it mean.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I went to Wet N Wild when I was six and for some reason the one thing I remember was riding in a tube in the lazy river behind a giant dude who had the words R U STILL TICKLISH? shaved into the back of his fade.

to this day I think about that hair cut. what could it mean.

Ahh, water park memories :allears:

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Shame Boy posted:

Me and my friends have a theory that mr beast is a false flag, a fiction created by twitch and youtube as a gestalt ad for the concept of being a successful streamer. Like he has no worthwhile or interesting characteristics and went from nothing to multimillion dollar empire whose only product seems to be "giving large sums of money to random other streamers".

Based on no other facts at all, purely by holistic assessment of the system writ large, I will now internalize this as a core pillar of my belief system.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Doggles posted:

the most efficient allocation of resources

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

1) do travel nurses actually have to travel or can you just be a free agent who takes 3 month contracts 2) why doesn't every nurse travel lmao how can you pass up 2x pay. if there's that many travel nurses you can staff half a facility with them it can't be busloads of indigent nurses crisscrossing the interstates looking for jobs

1) it's usually 50miles from 'home address'. the main allure of travel nursing is that you're compensated through tax-free 'travel expenses'. They pay you like $11/hr but then you get $1000/day per diem that's untaxed. but to qualify for the per diem you must be "travelling" far enough to justify it, hence the minimum distance.

2) the contracts are shorter term (like 2-3 months) and generally dont offer benefits so not great for people with families. Also, you tend to get lovely patient assignments, dont get a chance to learn and develop skills, dont have a rapport w physicians and other staff, and just when you're starting to get to know the facility and the other workers you get uprooted. Finally, a facility that has to resort to travel nurses in any significant number is probably a lovely facility .. getting 1-2 contract nurses to cover for a maternity leave or whatever is fine but if a hospital has to resort to travellers to fill major staffing gaps, its bc nobody wants to work there and you get to find out why :whitewater:

many nurses do it for 1-2 years for the money but find that the lack of stablity and other downsides dont outweigh the benefits of a decent full time gig

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Doggles posted:

And 99.99999% of the time its the thumbnail with yourself with the surprised happy look like 99.99999% every other video.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

happyhippy posted:

And 99.99999% of the time its the thumbnail with yourself with the surprised happy look like 99.99999% every other video.

yeah, it's not 2016 anymore grampa

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

happyhippy posted:

babies click on them more

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
so basically it's the "SUCKED ME OFF tryhard face" every loving time

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Palladium posted:

so basically it's the "SUCKED ME OFF tryhard face" every loving time

Just like my tinder profile

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Just like my tinder profile

Same but LinkedIn

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.

BonHair posted:

Same but LinkedIn

Abraham's LinkedIn SUCKED ME OFF

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Doggles posted:

the day changes between A1 and C1
do odd numbers result in less engagement :ohdear:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
the land of eternal optimism

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Shame Boy posted:

It's even more insidious, I'm afraid. Mr. Beast is the Peppered Moth of the internet age. Social media companies didn't build him in a lab. Because they didn't need to. He was the inevitable result of the noxious ecosystem they created.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Only heard of Mr beast fairly recently and it was a video on basically whats going on and yeah pro grift

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

ser beast is just running the classic charity scams of yore but with a twist (getting youtube impressions from it)

that said his private life is either completely clean or he's doing the most heinous eyes wide shut poo poo imaginable nothing in between

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
As far as "grifts" go getting views and sponsorship money is probably on the low end harms if your way of getting views is just basically kindly hipcooling ads and giving away donated money

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

USA environmental regulation was effective at some large “low hanging” fruit problems like cities dumping raw sewage into rivers, acid rain and cleaning up asbestos . it’s not had a win in some time tho

coal plant scrubbers

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can buy a personalised drone snuff video by donating to the Ukrainian military

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
wow this will totally be not a scam at all

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
a scam would be the most ethical outcome, cool!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mark Zuckerberg takes up MMA training: ‘This nerd is a silent killer’

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Shame Boy posted:

sounds right to me

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

We gotta survive winter kid, get to work

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

We gotta survive winter kid, get to work

I never used the Child Labor tree but out of all my attempts, my only successful campaign was going full Totalitarian to beat the cold.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I never used the Child Labor tree but out of all my attempts, my only successful campaign was going full Totalitarian to beat the cold.

Gotta make the hard choices to beat the cold. In this case though, the cold isn't cold weather so much as the contradictions of capitalism stacking up.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Grimdark Tropico Frostpunk isn't actually a hard game. The only "hard" choice you need to take is emergency (24 hour) shifts, to quickly get enough wood to give everyone shelter and later to keep alternating research buildings so that there's always one running during night shift. Turn off the furnace during daytime to save coal early on, overdrive the generator during the night to make people's sleep more comfortable, make sure to never, ever, ever neglect healthcare, and upgrade your heating/housing when you see a temperature drop incoming and you'll be just fine. You'll only lose 1 dude to an event related to the 24 hour work decision, and that's going to be the only death you'll have for the whole game.

e: The game's political commentary is on par with Tropico's, which is to say - not very good.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
so it's not a hard game as long as someone tells you exactly how to play the game

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

so it's not a hard game as long as someone tells you exactly how to play the game

You're basically lied to by the game to make things harder for yourself. Most of the grimdark stuff doesn't help you anywhere near as much as just having a clear idea of what the priorities are.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

my dad posted:

You're basically lied to by the game to make things harder for yourself. Most of the grimdark stuff doesn't help you anywhere near as much as just having a clear idea of what the priorities are.

I've never played the game, but from what you just described "the system lies to you, and tells you bad things are 'hard choices necessary for survival' but actually make society worse" seems like a pretty relevant social critique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I liked Frostpunk but it's a deeply depressing game because if you make one wrong move you get a popup like "Welp all the orphans froze to death last night."