Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I’ve seen stuff claiming to make allies more responsive, but nothing about LL stacks, but there are a lot of ally mods out there doing all sorts of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I was thinking about how I really like that some factions are better suited to some areas even beyond things like climate, kind of like Norscan homelands but expanded on. I like when factions get asymmetrical value from things, and wish they were expanded on. Things like elf trees or a few of the settlements like the Maelstrom or Oak of Ages, or the Bastions. Or how i imagine the Lizardmen were supposed to feel with the Web making it so their need to strengthen the Web would make them play somewhat unpredictably. Arghying aside, it is weird that dwarfs can't defend an old hold they moved into and repaired any better than they can any other settlement anywhere on the map, and it grows about as well as them too. They should maybe have something like the Elven Colonies marking dwarf holds that differentiate them from other mountain territories and, I don't know, give Dwarfs specifically a reason to hold them and give anyone occupying them a relationship penalty. Somehow weight the AI to want them more for region trading? Make it so that a dwarfhold minor can go to t4 for dwarfs somehow? Free walls or garrisons or...something for them? Just make them better and in return limit dwarfs a bit outside of them. No walls outside of mountain terrain, maybe, unless it's a hold, or field battles only? No major settlements? (We know Kislev can have provinces without majors in their oblasts). So dwarfs would have 3 tiers of settlement, like hold, mountain settlement, and then everything else, which would be treated like how the game treats norscan homeland or something. I don't know, but I really liked in WH1 the fact that two factions playing in the same physical space could have very different maps just based on movement stances and settleable provinces, and I'd like to bring that back in some way. Take the badlands and nearby mountains, where a greenskin and dwarf faction might move through them differently because the dwarf gets more advantage from holding the mountains but will find the badlands harder to actually hold than the greenskins, but may still want to to deny them from the other.

Also underway should be limited more but thats a different idea.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 28, 2022

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
Oh, better far to live and die
Under the brave black flag I fly

Than play a sanctimonious part
With a pirate head and a pirate heart

Away to the cheating world go you
Where pirates all are well-to-do

But I'll be true to the song I sing
And live and die a Pirate King

For I am a Pirate King!

And it is, it is a glorious thing

To be a Pirate King

I am a Pirate King!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

kujeger posted:

In TWWH2, there was a hard cap on the number of battle sites. I used a mod to work around it.

Apparently it is still there in IE, with a hard cap of 200. I found one mod that raises it to 600.

I can only imagine the issue is worse with IE too, considering the much larger map and many more factions.

Gonna try this mod out, wish I had found it 60 turns ago though... Missed out on so many battle markers.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I love the imagery of everything north of Reikland being an on-fire hosed-to-death pile of pestilence except for a Mad-Max style horde of Norscan chariots cruising towards a horde of skeletal chariots led by Settra in a battle for pink slips.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So apparently there was a video on Youtube (now removed) with this at the end? Speculation is that, assuming that it's real, it's the WH3 version of the Laboratory.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/xqbf44/wh3_leak_capture_from_video_now_taken_down_from/

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

WH2's laboratory was very strange. It seemed like it was just, like, way way way more optimized than the actual battles and ran so much better than a normal battle. But, like, why is it locked away in the laboratory and not just used for rendering battles?

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Gonkish posted:

So apparently there was a video on Youtube (now removed) with this at the end? Speculation is that, assuming that it's real, it's the WH3 version of the Laboratory.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/xqbf44/wh3_leak_capture_from_video_now_taken_down_from/

Not true, that's obviously them releasing the new legendary lord for Tzeentch, Kairos Fateweaver.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Which was already teased in Kairos Fateweaver's quest battle!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
You get to play as the other head.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

It's actually a teaser for the new mode - Kairos Fried Chicken - where you have to use just the right amounts of Pink and Blue Fires to create the perfect dish for Karl Franz's court. Succeed, and the results are delicious. Fail, and.... well, is it really a failure with Tzeentch?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I can't wait to confederate Kairos Fateweaver as Kairos Fateweaver.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

When playing as Kairos Fateweaver, Kairos Fateweaver is permanently set to 0 loyalty

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
it was be pretty lol for there to be two Kairos on the map that hate each other and say the opposite is from a branched timeline

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

it was be pretty lol for there to be two Kairos on the map that hate each other and say the opposite is from a branched timeline

I want this so bad now

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

It's actually a teaser for the new mode - Kairos Fried Chicken - where you have to use just the right amounts of Pink and Blue Fires to create the perfect dish for Karl Franz's court. Succeed, and the results are delicious. Fail, and.... well, is it really a failure with Tzeentch?

guest starring Kugath, with his secret blend of 11 herbs and spices

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

jokes posted:

WH2's laboratory was very strange. It seemed like it was just, like, way way way more optimized than the actual battles and ran so much better than a normal battle. But, like, why is it locked away in the laboratory and not just used for rendering battles?

Probably because they love to prototype stuff in current games to refine in the future. Maybe it would take a bunch of extra work to put those changes back into the full game?

who knows, but they must have learned something because 3k runs 3x better while also has more units on the field, 2x as big maps and better looking forests that catch fire. Then I guess they started WH3 back from base WH2 and didn’t incorporate poo poo from what they learned

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Wait, the WH2 lab isn't just a regular battle simulator, it's a different rendering engine or something?

The gently caress?

edit: Also I'm finally gonna ask it. Who the hell is Arghy and what did he say/do?

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Serephina posted:

Wait, the WH2 lab isn't just a regular battle simulator, it's a different rendering engine or something?

The gently caress?

edit: Also I'm finally gonna ask it. Who the hell is Arghy and what did he say/do?

Argy is a poster in this thread. He complained about Grimgrog a lot, particularly in the context of TW2 dwarves and how he can 1v2 a dwarf lord and a thane. He's also posted a whole lot about dwarves in general.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Its good seeing Arghy posts again after I stopped playing Planetside 2 :unsmith:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Serephina posted:

Who the hell is Arghy

A prolific and inimitable poster found in certain games threads

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Wheel of names gave me Noctilus, currently burning down the donut. It is good.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Arghy Ironbrain, the warrior king of Posting Peak.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Staltran posted:

Argy is a poster in this thread. He complained about Grimgrog a lot, particularly in the context of TW2 dwarves and how he can 1v2 a dwarf lord and a thane. He's also posted a whole lot about dwarves in general.

I think the thread mocking began after he heavily complained that 5 units of elite top tier modded elven archers could obliterate his single unit of basic dwarven warriors.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I think the thread mocking began after he heavily complained that 5 units of elite top tier modded elven archers could obliterate his single unit of basic dwarven warriors.

That solidified it, but iirc it started when he complained that his Thane (or Runelord, cant recall) couldn't beat Grimgor in a fight.

Also he wouldn't tell people he was using mods for awhile so from the thread's perspective he was complaining that waywatchers could outshoot his t1 troops and nobody could figure out why he was still fielding unsupported t1 troops against waywatchers in the first place.

Also also it wasn't clear for awhile that he played anything but Dwarfs and a few turns of hate-playing High Elves to get more ammunition to complain about how the Dwarfs are underpowered and clearly hated by CA. He is very funny and I like reading his posts because he also is basically a dwarf.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Sep 29, 2022

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Serephina posted:

The gently caress?

Arghy - who owns and we all like - posted a bunch about how his dwarf lords and heroes were getting bodied by Grimgor. He'd also complain about terrible balance only to reveal a few posts later that he was mixing mods like Throt and all semblance of balance was out the window. Eventually Arghy complained that Grimgor was literally impossible to beat and it spawned the fantastic post "How Kill Grimgrog".

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The arghy system:

A - Arrive suddenly
R - Randomly ask dozens of questions
G - Generally ignore all advice
H - Heavily mod game and blame game for mod decisions
Y - Yeet on out to the next thread to start all over again

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I agree with him the dwarfs should poo poo on every other factor fwiw

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Big news for Skaven enjoyers 2.2 patch coming in October 18th and will introduce a Skaven endgame crisis.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tww3-update-210/#hotfix-212

quote:

Update 2.2 is currently targeting October 18 as its release date! This major update includes a wide variety of changes and fixes to several outstanding issues impacting players—in addition to new features based on ongoing player feedback—as you all dive into Total War: WARHAMMER III and Immortal Empires:

End Turn Crash Fix: Coming soon.

Settlement Battles: Numerous adjustments are being made to the number of Settlement Battles encountered throughout a campaign. More details in the full notes next month!

AI Improvements: Several adjustments are being made to the AI based on player feedback: they’ll be generally more aggressive, will scale better with their difficulty setting, should employ smarter tactics in Battle, and will (overall) be better allies and vassals, as well.

Split Ranked Queue: Choose between Land and Domination Battles!

New Endgame Crisis: Yes-yes…

Regiments of Renown III: Our third Regiments of Renown pack is on the way!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

What's the predicted timeline for a fully featured IE anyway? Will it basically be the same thing as now or include little intros and that whole deal? I'm enjoying it a lot but I like the campaign intros to set some mood, and some of the campaigns could be a bit spicier.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah Arghy is fine - As someone said, basically a dwarf :v: just don't ask him about the historical role of women. But I repeat myself.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Electronico6 posted:

Big news for Skaven enjoyers 2.2 patch coming in October 18th and will introduce a Skaven endgame crisis.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tww3-update-210/#hotfix-212

"End Turn Crash Fix: Coming soon."

Is this the softlock I've charitably taking to calling the Bretonnia Lock? Since it almost always happens when one of the Bretonnian factions do their turn

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Anyone ever use Cairn Wraiths or Hex Wraiths? They don't particularly seem to do anything that Crypt Ghouls or Blood Knights don't, while also dying a lot faster.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Grimson posted:

"End Turn Crash Fix: Coming soon."

Is this the softlock I've charitably taking to calling the Bretonnia Lock? Since it almost always happens when one of the Bretonnian factions do their turn

Yes. If the crash is happening a lot, the current fix right now is to roll back the game to update 2.0 on the steam beta settings of the game.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Arghy had a greatest hit in this thread when he was arguing that Dwarf Frontlines are famously weak and they need to be 360 fire while move skirmishers on top of being harder to kill.

Dwarf Frontlines, where Dwarf Warriors alone can function all campaign long and will typically fight and die to HP damage before actual morale breaking. :allears: I mean sure port more cool stuff over from Vermintide but Ironbreakers already throw grenades at the poor bastards who are going to try to convince them to move from the spot they're guarding in less than fifteen minutes of sustained combat.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Pierson posted:

Anyone ever use Cairn Wraiths or Hex Wraiths? They don't particularly seem to do anything that Crypt Ghouls or Blood Knights don't, while also dying a lot faster.

They're very good as can openers but if anyone looks at them with magic they immediately melt

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

Pierson posted:

Crypt ghouls and blood knights don't have the super high physical resistance that the ghostly units have, and they are also significantly slower. If you primarily use them against enemy units that don't have magical attacks then they should do a much better job. I don't bother with with the Cairn Wraiths but the Hex Wraiths are my dudes

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Makes sense, thanks! I'm mainly fighting Gelt right now (his fault, I was minding my own business) but the Dwarves at my back are hating me more and more so a fight seems inevitable and we all know Dwarves love magic.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the chaos dwarfs call him Ghrask Dragh, which means corpse-slaver.

I hope they do this guy, sounds dope as gently caress. Vampogre seems more interesting than hungry bois 3 and 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Electronico6 posted:

Yes. If the crash is happening a lot, the current fix right now is to roll back the game to update 2.0 on the steam beta settings of the game.

It was more frequent right after IE launched, but it's also an easy thing to get out of since it doesn't actually crash your game and you can just reload the autosave from the previous turn so you don't lose any progress apart from like a minute of loading.