Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Sounds like an Asylum film plot.
The nuke gets absorbed by the hurricane making it sentient and radioactive with mutants swirling inside

e: garbage snipe so have an image

freelop fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Sep 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/tombomp/status/1575160485930213378

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
French stamp collector Philipp von Ferrary:

I'm assuming this is what happens when you lick one too many stamps.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Why would you even want this?! This is not like having a lakeside home.
"sure my house ain't much but I got a thin strip of water to look at!"

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

By popular demand posted:

Suburbs exist for only one reason: To give white people their own house in an area with no minorities. They couldn't care less about having a lawn or a waterfront property.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

By popular demand posted:

Capitalism op

E: and racism op

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Capitalism op

E: and racism op

A literal moat to keep the undesirables out. It's utterly unwalkable and public transportation ain't happening.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Yaldabaoth posted:

Suburbs exist for only one reason: To give white people their own house in an area with no minorities. They couldn't care less about having a lawn or a waterfront property.

Minorities also live in suburbia weirdo

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

lol they have these in California as well.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Poohs Packin posted:

Minorities also live in suburbia weirdo

Not sharing walls with your neighbor is the epitome of evil. If you don’t want to live in a high density apartment block in the middle of a giant urban concrete maze you are pretty much a grand wizard of the kkk.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Scratch Monkey posted:

Not sharing walls with your neighbor is the epitome of evil. If you don’t want to live in a high density apartment block in the middle of a giant urban concrete maze you are pretty much a grand wizard of the kkk.

There are literal suburbs with HOAs that won't allow minorities to live in them.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Which is why I live solely inside a VR version of Pruitt-Igoe I've constructed in mine craft.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
Minorities live in modern suburbia, which makes the racist white flight foundation of the concept completely fine now

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Yaldabaoth posted:

There are literal suburbs with HOAs that won't allow minorities to live in them.

Where?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you want to see the literal shitshow that Russian conscription and mobilization has become, watch this video:

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1575466184845234176?s=20&t=JUtkrCvZVmjSj6xskUfIaw
(from the GBS war thread)

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Yeah I'd like to know about these places too

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Skeleton Ape posted:

I knew this one guy from Florida who demanded his coworkers come up with a plan for nuking a hurricane

Wow. You knew a guy who worked in Trump's White House?

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Rad-daddio posted:

And some of them are inland. So weird. https://www.google.com/maps/@37.9038312,-121.6016487,15.12z

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Scratch Monkey posted:

Yeah I'd like to know about these places too

https://www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/homeowners-associations-black-americans-discriminaiton-2020-9

You know it's bad when even Business Insider is calling you out on it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

idaho, oregon, montana, you know, chud places.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Yaldabaoth posted:

While many HOAs (AKA restrictive covenants) were initially created for this express purpose, U.S. courts have invalidated any sort of racial restrictions for 70 years.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

cult_hero posted:

While many HOAs (AKA restrictive covenants) were initially created for this express purpose, U.S. courts have invalidated any sort of racial restrictions for 70 years.

Read the article I posted, they found ways to work around that.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Oh is the "definitely on 90% of posters' block lists" guy getting weird again

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Manager Hoyden posted:

Oh is the "definitely on 90% of posters' block lists" guy getting weird again

I posted an article that supports my claim, what more do you loving want?

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Can confirm

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I AM NOT BEING WEIRD, THERE ARE DOZENS OF ARTICLES ABOUT THIS

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
"Prove to me HOAs are racist" is a pretty cursed thing to say, but it's not a picture.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Oh hey you're that dude I named inadvertently, how's that username working for you?

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Yaldabaoth posted:

I AM NOT BEING WEIRD, THERE ARE DOZENS OF ARTICLES ABOUT THIS

How can one be so obtuse as to claim that the suburbs weren't a plot to privatize racist discrimination to circumvent supreme court rulings in the 50s and 60s? Goons I guess

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

hey don't bring me into this!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Doctor J Off posted:

How can one be so obtuse as to claim that the suburbs weren't a plot to privatize racist discrimination to circumvent supreme court rulings in the 50s and 60s? Goons I guess

As an incredibly dull white suburban homeowner, I

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Well that's my cursed dosage for the day exceeded, see y'all around if we live past tomorrow.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Every suburb I’ve ever lived in were mostly minorities.

None of them were HOA, though. Most suburban neighborhoods where I’ve lived aren’t HOA, though.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Rad-daddio posted:

The one nearest to me is the source of about 90% of my contributions to the Nextdoor thread. People there are loving insane.

Speak of the devil.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Parents and chiropractor in prison. No trial, no jury, do it now before they kill the kid.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i thought they said not to shake babies

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

One of my formerly-best friends went full-woo after having her kid. No vaccines; wondered why he got measles. Took him to the chiropractor starting at ONE MONTH OLD; wondered why his joints were developing abnormally. Paid $50/gallon for raw milk illegally snuck over from a Texas farm; wondered why they all kept having GI issues.

The place she took him: ”You should ideally have your infant checked and adjusted as soon as possible after birth. A chiropractor can help resolve spinal problems and nerve distress caused by constraint in the uterus or difficult deliveries.

Associated signs of birth trauma are irritability, breathing weakness, difficulty feeding and latching, colic, frequent spit up, asthma, headaches, and more.”

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Busket Posket posted:

One of my formerly-best friends went full-woo after having her kid. No vaccines; wondered why he got measles. Took him to the chiropractor starting at ONE MONTH OLD; wondered why his joints were developing abnormally. Paid $50/gallon for raw milk illegally snuck over from a Texas farm; wondered why they all kept having GI issues.

The place she took him: ”You should ideally have your infant checked and adjusted as soon as possible after birth. A chiropractor can help resolve spinal problems and nerve distress caused by constraint in the uterus or difficult deliveries.

Associated signs of birth trauma are irritability, breathing weakness, difficulty feeding and latching, colic, frequent spit up, asthma, headaches, and more.”

So she didn't start him there early enough, is what you're saying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
scene: a pregnant lady goes to the chiropractor to perform adjustments on her unborn baby