Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If the eagles go 15-2 I don’t see how hurts doesn’t win .

Should have put 100 on him a month ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

no chance pederson doesn't get a standing O

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Hurts won't win mvp if he keeps taking the second half off

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

well maybe the opposing teams should give him reason not to

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'm chips in on pederson/Lawrence, I think he's a great coach and Lawrence is a talented QB. Very interested to see what they can do.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

blarzgh posted:

I'm chips in on pederson/Lawrence, I think he's a great coach and Lawrence is a talented QB. Very interested to see what they can do.

:agreed:

I didn't watch a whole lot of Jags games last year (who did?) but I thought Lawrence passed the eye test.

Gonna be funny if the Eagles just keep ejecting coaches who go on to have successful careers and/or SB wins.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

:agreed:

I didn't watch a whole lot of Jags games last year (who did?) but I thought Lawrence passed the eye test.

Gonna be funny if the Eagles just keep ejecting coaches who go on to have successful careers and/or SB wins.

If you go back to the 80s, they're up to... 2? Dick Vermeil who spent about 20 years before his SB, and Reid who took about 10. I think most Eagles fans would be happy for Doug if he's #3, just hopefully not in a game against the Eagles.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It was time for Reid to go . That wasn’t a mistake

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i love doug pederson, i got emotional when i saw him in person rolling past me atop the championship bus, hoisting the shining lombardi trophy on that cold day back in february back in 2018 but i respectfully hope he has the worst game of his career on sunday

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

iamsosmrt posted:

I think most Eagles fans would be happy for Doug if he's #3, just hopefully not in a game against the Eagles.

if he's coaching another team that never won one I wouldn't care at all. hell I doubt I'd be all that bothered if he was coaching the Pats or Steelers somehow. 2017 completely changed my relationship to watching football. I'm still an Eagles fan and watch them every week, but now it's like the post game in an RPG. the story's over, we got the good ending, the bad guy is dead. anything else from now on is just a bonus, I think the only loss that would put me in a real bad mood is losing to the Giants in a close NFCCG, and a SB loss wouldn't hurt more than any other

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

maybe when we're another 5 years out I'll feel different but now I just enjoy the games for the fun parts and if they lose eh maybe we'll get 'em next week

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

euphronius posted:

It was time for Reid to go . That wasn’t a mistake

I actually agree with this.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Reid hired his OL coach as DC

Man clearly ran out of ideas

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Reid hired his OL coach as DC

Man clearly ran out of ideas

and now Belichick hired his DC to coach the OL. hmm.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Reid had player control which he was bad at

There was no where else for that to be resolved . He wasn’t going to relinquish it

He and his family also had to get out of Pa

His sons were getting hosed up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

Reid had player control which he was bad at

he wasn't really, the core of the 2017 team were from the last few drafts and trades he ran. Graham, Cox, Kelce, Curry, Kendricks, Foles, Peters, Celek. might be forgetting some. I’m sure Roseman helped get it done cause at minimum there was a lot of moving up and down in the draft for the decent picks he made. there were a lot of whiffs though, and Howie absolutely nailed the final pieces in 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That was like 5 years later

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

That was like 5 years later

yes, Andy Reid assembled the core players while he was employed by the team. he didn’t do it while he was coaching Kansas City

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

euphronius posted:

He and his family also had to get out of Pa

His sons were getting hosed up

Didn't seem to work!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

reid's son's

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gun's

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Reid was decent at talent evaluation, but he had one of the worst draft picks in NFL history in Danny Watkins and among other things it was clear his connection with the players and the team was wanting in his last few seasons. I'm glad he found his way on the Chiefs and legitimized himself as a HoF game. Besides, even his Chiefs tenure had a lot of influence on the Eagles team that won the SB.

And also, it's true, the NFL ended with SBLII, perfect storyline. Hell, it was one of the last bright spots before the world ended in 2020.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

indigi posted:

if he's coaching another team that never won one I wouldn't care at all. hell I doubt I'd be all that bothered if he was coaching the Pats or Steelers somehow. 2017 completely changed my relationship to watching football. I'm still an Eagles fan and watch them every week, but now it's like the post game in an RPG. the story's over, we got the good ending, the bad guy is dead. anything else from now on is just a bonus, I think the only loss that would put me in a real bad mood is losing to the Giants in a close NFCCG, and a SB loss wouldn't hurt more than any other

What bad guy?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

term brody

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

What bad guy?

it's an rpg analogy

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

indigi posted:

it's an rpg analogy

Lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

come onnnnnn gooo bengals!!!!

please elevate us to the only undefeated team in the league :pray:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
It's soul crushing to realize once again, just three games into a season, that your team is doomed and has no chance to ever get better and Dan Snyder will outlive you so there is no hope.

Some years it takes six or seven games for that despair to set in. This year it took three.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

PHILADELPHIA IS #1 IN THE LEAGUE

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Man I just a picture of tuas concussion fingers

That is not good .

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

predicto posted:

It's soul crushing to realize once again, just three games into a season, that your team is doomed and has no chance to ever get better and Dan Snyder will outlive you so there is no hope.

Some years it takes six or seven games for that despair to set in. This year it took three.

Yeah. Losing this weekend against Dallas is pretty much season over for Washington.

4 weeks in. Season over.

That's just depressing.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

Man I just a picture of tuas concussion fingers

That is not good .

I heard he was having trouble with the first screen in super metroid.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

pro starcraft loser posted:

Yeah. Losing this weekend against Dallas is pretty much season over for Washington.

4 weeks in. Season over.

That's just depressing.

Perhaps, in a cynical way to divert attention from Tua, the NFL will leak some damning emails about Snyder and force him to sell.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I blame the name.

Should have kept the Washington Footballs

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

4 weeks in. Season over.

That's just depressing.

Lol if you haven’t been depressed about the Washington Commanders ever since Dany Snyder bought the team.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

4 weeks in. Season over.

That's just depressing.

I have nagging doubts about the cowboys chances this weekend. It just seems incredibly unlikely that Cooper Rush goes 3-0, and the compressed game plan gets exposed if the Defense (that now has 3 games of tape out) can't hold the opposing team to <20 points.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eagles wont be on my TV this weekend. That's ok maybe I don't need to watch 20 hours of football a week.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Still wonder why people say season over 8 or 9 weeks into a season let alone 4 weeks into a season

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Football fans are very dramatic, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
yes but also you can probably eliminate like ten teams from super bowl contention after the first week in a given season