Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Ash Crimson posted:

Being English of course you support her you loving love it

don't be weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

don't be weird

Its a state of mind ok, we all know this

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon
https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1575522731101245440

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Any decent leader would be 50 points ahead.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Can't believe Truss ruined the 20 points ahead bit, loving failure

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

This would be like… significantly bigger than the 1997 landslide?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Come on start defecting you redwall pricks.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Thassa fucken poll alright

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Survation poll just dropped with a 22 21 point lead.

https://twitter.com/Survation/status/1575522804644007941?t=lbR83J9llITv19rQMWzp3

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Halisnacks posted:

This would be like… significantly bigger than the 1997 landslide?

Funny thing, if you click the article it has Labour on 340MPs & Tories 206. In 97 Labour had 418 to Tories 165.

I assume partly because the Libs aren't doing nearly as well at taking seats from the Tories, but also because Labour chucked away Scotland

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

i think ive put the figures in wrong? but the electoral calculus website has broke

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
*sounds of knives sharpening continues*

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Looke posted:

i think ive put the figures in wrong? but the electoral calculus website has broke

pretty close i think:
https://twitter.com/hzeffman/status/1575526100591169543?cxt=HHwWjsC-gYOpst0rAAAA

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Looke posted:

Iain Blackford leader of the opposition.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If Liz Truss killed the Queen and then the Tories I would worship her as my god

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Less broken prediction lmao

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1575526882853810192

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Georgina Melons.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Bullshit that Labour would make those gains in Scotland, especially Na h-Eileanan an Iar.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Can a coalition form the opposition if say SNP + Plaid + Lib Dem + Green had more total seats than the Tories and wanted to organize as a "second indyref + 10p on plastic bags" bloc?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

keep punching joe posted:

Bullshit that Labour would make those gains in Scotland, especially Na h-Eileanan an Iar.

37% of Tory voters have switched to labour. That's enough to give them a majority in some SNP seats

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

This is the funniest poll I have ever seen.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm not buying the Labour fightback in Scotland. Could maybe see them with 5-8 MPs here but 20+? Nah. Can't see all of Glasgow going red again. Maybe the suburbs

Also worth remembering that as far as I know the Tories are still intent on the boundary review and new boundaries should be confirmed next June

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Apropos: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Canadian_federal_election

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

It’s KEITHAGEDDON !!!!1!1!1!

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
If Truss called an election now it would be one of the biggest humiliations of all time.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

It’s KEITHAGEDDON !!!!1!1!1!

Someone do the JEB! meme but with starmer lmao

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

domhal posted:

If Truss called an election now it would be one of the biggest humiliations of all time.
I don't want to dwell too long on how that'll make her feel.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

The Bloc Québécois as the official opposition was terrible. I don’t think the SNP as opposition would be great (though hilarious).

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Starmer coming in then heel turning and barely walking back the last decade of Tory insanity would be peak Britain.

JackMonroeChat: Looks like it will be an interesting listen https://pca.st/episode/2632fced-6ccd-4d7e-838d-aa48b1ba1ed3 could explain the latest Twitter flounce.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This prick thinks he’s in Game of Thrones

https://twitter.com/tomhfh/status/1575526164957110272

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I suppose after enough people have starved or frozen to death the pie is technically larger...

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1575529915172196353

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Truss' hope is that she sticks this out long enough to point at a recovery of sorts and then gets plaudits as a strong leader who didn't let criticism get in the way of doing what she thought right etc.

Similar to how Johnson tanked his first dozen commons votes but then kicked out the moderates who weren't on board and united the party behind his maverick bullshit.

Unfortunately for Truss, she'll probably get knifed long before any sort of economic bounce. The attacks are too universal for even the thickest(-skinned) Tory to endure.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Starmer coming in then heel turning and barely walking back the last decade of Tory insanity would be peak Britain.

We know this is exactly what's going to happen already though? Motherfucker is already a heel

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Guys after seeing those polls with some calculators giving the Tories 2 seats total, what do I do if I have an erection that lasts more than four hours?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Drone_Fragger posted:

Guys after seeing those polls with some calculators giving the Tories 2 seats total, what do I do if I have an erection that lasts more than four hours?

Think about Starmer, it'll go away.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Still Blue, oh well.

I spoilt my vote, goons.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Drone_Fragger posted:

Eat a sack of wet eggs.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I know when my dad died he was basically 'gone' - totally unconscious from the morning onwards but didn't actually pass until just after 730pm.
I think they can tell if it's the final hours.
I heard somewhere that only Charles and Ann were there for the end. The others were still flying up.

Flunkey said in the latest Eye that even Charles only barely made it before his mother passed. It's likely that she wasn't conscious by that point. It's understandable that he was tetchy with a pen later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
If Starmer’s Labour was the price we had to pay for the actual obliteration of the Conservative party, I’d be open to it.