Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Captain Hygiene posted:

So she didn't start him there early enough, is what you're saying?

If only she hadn’t waited that month, the chiropractor would’ve had the kid potty trained, walking, and speaking in full sentences within a week. But alas, her procrastination is what caused the measles.

~a cautionary tale~

Mozi posted:

scene: a pregnant lady goes to the chiropractor to perform adjustments on her unborn baby

Goop starts telling be-uterus’d people to have their eggs adjusted so the cells that become bones and cartilage will have the memory of the chiropractor’s hands. Chirohomeopathractic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Please do not taze the baby

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
This your baby? I'm sorry, I'm going to have to make a few adjustments *puts down a kitchen step ladder, climbs on top*

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Stooperfiends!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

spider-klan
spider-klan
does whatever a spider can (as long as the spider is white)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Mozi posted:

scene: a pregnant lady goes to the chiropractor to perform adjustments on her unborn baby

The TERM, Mozi, is "Manipulations".

You uncultured swine.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I had a friend on FB that posted about taking his baby to the chiroquacktor. I unfollowed him immediately.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/giantbomb/status/1177350194955866113?lang=en

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hi reddit, I recently broke an infant's neck while adjusting its spine in my practice and today I received a letter from some lawyer claiming that the parents are "suing" me now. They have also involved the police and state attorney in this. Is this legal to harass me like that? Can anything bad happen to me? I worked as a janitor in a mall before this so I'm not really "in the know" about law stuff and such.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Karate Bastard posted:

The TERM, Mozi, is "Manipulations".

You uncultured swine.

i... i submit

*presents neck for punishment manipulation*

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

GABA ghoul posted:

Hi reddit, I recently broke an infant's neck while adjusting its spine in my practice and today I received a letter from some lawyer claiming that the parents are "suing" me now. They have also involved the police and state attorney in this. Is this legal to harass me like that? Can anything bad happen to me? I worked as a janitor in a mall before this so I'm not really "in the know" about law stuff and such.

I'm imagining a comedic action movie where the baby chiropractor tries to mollify the police coming to arrest him and unintentionally breaks their necks with ease

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Thanks to recent legislation, I predict infant chiropractors will see increased business in Texas.

Particularly incredibly bad ones.

Unrelated cursed image.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

I was on a flight out of Shanghai a few years ago, and shortly after we took off, we started getting a very loud screeching over the PA in the back of the plane. Like fingers in ears loud. It was a 13 hour flight, and they were not going to turn around. Luckily, they figured out how to get rid of the screech after about an hour.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Double cursed: Not only does it look creepy but it's a statue of mass media characters being used in a religious festival.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

boar guy posted:

spider-klan
spider-klan
does whatever a spider can (as long as the spider is white)

Pretty sure that's a basketball not a klan hood.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Azathoth Prime posted:

I was on a flight out of Shanghai a few years ago, and shortly after we took off, we started getting a very loud screeching over the PA in the back of the plane. Like fingers in ears loud. It was a 13 hour flight, and they were not going to turn around. Luckily, they figured out how to get rid of the screech after about an hour.

I didn't think they were able to open the doors during flight

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Android Apocalypse posted:

Thanks to recent legislation, I predict infant chiropractors will see increased business in Texas.

Particularly incredibly bad ones.

Silver lining is all the HENRY spawn are gonna have rickets and poo poo; either from the chiropractors or the easily preventable childhood diseases.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
If they nuke a hurricane over Florida, it might end up blowing radioactive Florida particles all over the USA and then it would..... Oh gently caress maybe it already happened.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Yaldabaoth posted:

Double cursed: Not only does it look creepy but it's a statue of mass media characters being used in a religious festival.

"Hellraiser: Cenobites of Disneyland" is quite a controversial crossover

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I'm not gonna post it but the Miami quarterback just had a massive brain injury after likely having a massive brain injury less than 5 days ago.

And Amazon keeps replaying it and showing him rather than advertising baby food.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Oscar Wild posted:

I'm not gonna post it but the Miami quarterback just had a massive brain injury after likely having a massive brain injury less than 5 days ago.

I'm assuming he Kurt Cobain'd himself due to the injury from 5 days ago :smith:

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Yaldabaoth posted:

I'm assuming he Kurt Cobain'd himself due to the injury from 5 days ago :smith:

Not quite that bad, but he took another blow to the head on the Thursday night game and was carried off on a stretcher while the play-by-play guys spoke to a sports medicine expert who said the way the player's hands tensed up is a sign of cognitive injury

Edit: confirmed head and neck injury, on his way to a hospital

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
watching it frame by frame and it's crazy, the dude is getting pulled back, and suddenly whips his trunk back already spasming up, his arms are contracted and his body goes ridgid, before he hits the ground, it's strange.

like he didn't get hit, he got pulled down and whips his own body back as sack is happening. maybe he did blow his spine out.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

It's seriously the most viscerally disturbing injury I've seen. They've just confirmed he does have movement in all his extremities though which is honestly shocking after how that all looked

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

thiccabod posted:

It's seriously the most viscerally disturbing injury I've seen. They've just confirmed he does have movement in all his extremities though which is honestly shocking after how that all looked

The worst part was that commentator saying "uhhhhh... Uh oh!" as the camera zooms in on Tua's dazed face and his unnaturally contorting hands

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Haven't watched something that nauseating in a while!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

thiccabod posted:

He’s apparently dazed but ok and is asking what the gently caress happened. That’s some actual live brain trauma though :smith:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Just watched the video and it looks like the other player slammed him into the ground way too hard.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Yaldabaoth posted:

Just watched the video and it looks like the other player slammed him into the ground way too hard.

No poo poo?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Oscar Wild posted:

And Amazon keeps replaying it and showing him rather than advertising baby food.

I thought the first one was a back injury even though it looked like a head injury. And this one I think was a neck injury. He didn't hit his head. My guess is he got a weird stinger and they immobilized him in order to be safe.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Yaldabaoth posted:

I've never watched football, do players often try to outright murder players on the opposing team?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Killingyouguy! posted:

I've never watched football, do players often try to outright murder players on the opposing team?

No. It's rare that players want to hurt each other.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
He was hip-swung and planted hard on his back. Definitely had his wind knocked out, likely head and neck injuries. The back of your helmet does not do much to mitigate a 300+ lb defensive lineman swinging you around and slamming you down on your back like a rag doll. TV cameras don’t really do justice to the force/trauma these dudes experience on the field.

I’d be shocked if he wasn’t concussed.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Not HOAs, but there are plenty of neighborhoods in Kansas City that had neighborhood covenants barring "Negroes and non-whites" from purchasing homes, and that language is still in a lot of housing deeds from back before that phrasing was made illegal in 1968, passed down from owner to owner. A Black high school friend bought a house a few years ago and found such a clause while reading the fine print of his deed. You can file paperwork to remove racial language from your home's deed if it's in there, but there's not currently an overarching law to remove it from all deeds.

https://www.kcur.org/housing-develo...-property-deeds

I grew up in Kansas City's original restrictive covenant neighborhood and my parents still live in the house they bought there in 1988. I wonder if their deed says anything like that?

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Not to keep derailing the thread with that horrific looking football injury but the most recent update is that he's actually expected to be discharged from the hospital and travel back to Miami with the team tonight. So hopefully it merely looked awful

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

thiccabod posted:

Not to keep derailing the thread with that horrific looking football injury but the most recent update is that he's actually expected to be discharged from the hospital and travel back to Miami with the team tonight. So hopefully it merely looked awful

No they are 100% doing that to downplay the concussion he just received from getting back in the game too soon after they downplayed the last severe concussion he received.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

rodbeard posted:

No they are 100% doing that to downplay the concussion he just received from getting back in the game too soon after they downplayed the last severe concussion he received.

I'd like to think that the Cincinnati hospital would err on the side of caution to avoid being dragged into what is already a highly scrutinized situation but you may well be right

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've got no horse in this race but he passed concussion protocol and apparently had an ankle injury along with back injury. That could easily cause him to stumble. His head did hit on the play but it wasn't awful.

And tonight, the CIN hospital released him. They are not affiliated with the NFL or the Dolphins so they have nothing to lie about. Their only concern is the patients health.

It's very possible that last Sundays injury is exactly what the team says it was. But man are there a lot of armchair neurologists showing up.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
players who could not afford the bills if they stop playing never ever pressure medical staff to violate protocol ever lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yes he will definitely be fine until he is in a wheelchair at 50, stop worrying