Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
evil within 2 has a monster made of cum and that owns

i think my biggest issue with evil within 2 is that the main villain isnt that interesting compared to the serial killer you chase for the first half of the game and his levels arent really as fun or visually interesting to play through

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

evil within 2 has a monster made of cum and that owns

i think my biggest issue with evil within 2 is that the main villain isnt that interesting compared to the serial killer you chase for the first half of the game and his levels arent really as fun or visually interesting to play through

Yeah the serial killer photography stuff was really cool and much more interesting than the later stuff

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Going to start playing Inscryption again for October. Started playing StS in August because I wanted a similar game but it was bright outside until 10pm. Only night time or October is suitable for the Inscryption mood.

Also have Alien: Isolation to play and I know this is the year I’m brave enough to play it and not mysteriously get really into another game when the alien shows up.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
New game from the devil daggers guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw80khTnNhY

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i am going to play F.E.A.R in October

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to sniff my fat nuts.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
been saving the resident evil 3 remake for october. hear its not as good as 2remake but thats fine. some small shooter called industria is on my list as thats supposed to be a creepy 4-5 hour fps.

dlc for resident evil village drops with a new story but im only interested in that really, so i dunno if i want to pay full price for 1/3 of a package that interests me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

think ths is the year i finally play re 7 and village

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’ve heard the remake of three is as well done as two it’s just the original game is not as good as two was

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I’ve heard the remake of three is as well done as two it’s just the original game is not as good as two was

Nah it cuts out bits of the game and stuff I think

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
3 is a little bit of a let down if you paid anything more than $20 for it. Easy to recommend if it's under that. Little sad that the fatal frame port isn't landing in October but I still can't believe it's finally getting a western release at all.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
3 is way more action and less tension than 2 but i still enjoyed it. agree with frank tho on the price point

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RE3make is fun but definitely a step down from god-tier RE2make. But yeah definitely get it on sale because it’s like a six hour game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got it in a sale last October and still haven't played it. Now's the time. Hoping Village gets a deep discount too, would like to check it out

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Fungah! posted:

think ths is the year i finally play re 7 and village

that's my plan, as well

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RE7 and village both kick rear end

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I got it in a sale last October and still haven't played it. Now's the time. Hoping Village gets a deep discount too, would like to check it out

same i think i paid 10 bucks for 3 so cant argue. praying to the gaming gods that you pick up village on a discount as it kicks royal rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think I’m gonna play OG RE2 and 3 for spooky month since it’s been a while and playing Deep Fear put the idea in my brain

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm gonna replay REMake, Deep Fear had me wishing that was what I was doing the entire time lol.

7 is good but the blob monsters are really boring and drag it down a bit. Village is great

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've played through a whole horror game on halloween night the last two years, Haunting Ground in 2020 and Silent Hill 4: The Room last year and will probably do the same this year, though Bayonetta 3 coming out on the 28th might be an issue. if I can pull myself away from bayo 3 I think I'll finally play Silent Hill 2

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
Village is maybe one of my all time favorite resident evils. I hope that anyone put off by the first person perspective gives it a try when the 3rd person mode is introduced. A really fantastic game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I've played through a whole horror game on halloween night the last two years, Haunting Ground in 2020 and Silent Hill 4: The Room last year and will probably do the same this year, though Bayonetta 3 coming out on the 28th might be an issue. if I can pull myself away from bayo 3 I think I'll finally play Silent Hill 2

Please play Silent Hill 2

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Please play Silent Hill 2

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

is thre an easy way to play silent hill2, ive never done that either :negative:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ve never played a Silent Hill game at all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

Try putting it in your PS2.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Try putting it in your PS2.

Mark Cuban taking notes dot gif

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Last time I played Silent Hill 2 it was the Xbox version and I was using a 360 to play it. There were several areas where textures refused to load so the walls/floor were just white and when I got the maria ending the sound glitched out and you could hear the last boss going "James...James...James..." throughout the entire ending and credits. And Maria ending has the best credits song too!

What I'm saying is, it probably sucks to play on not-original hardware. And the HD rerelease was insanely bad from what I hear.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

Try the pc port :troll:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think this year I’m going to finally play the Evil Within games. Still need to finish House of Ashes too, I had been playing that for a few hours but always late at night when my reflexes were completely shot and I was totally bungling everything lol. So I’ll give it a restart and see if I can’t be more competent this time around.

I think I’ll give RE1 remake another shot too, last time I tried was before the RE2 remake started to make an RE fan out of me, before that they never really clicked with me but I’ve beaten and enjoyed 2R, 3R, 7 and 8 since.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The HD port “fixed” the fog so now it’s mostly transparent and tou can see stuff in the distance instead of it being oppressive and atmospheric lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

The HD port “fixed” the fog so now it’s mostly transparent and tou can see stuff in the distance instead of it being oppressive and atmospheric lol

lol good. charming open atmospheres in horror ftw. nd let's got some loving light in here!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

Type redump ps2 isos into the archive dot org search bar and download the nightly build of pcsx2. Farewell

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I think this year I’m going to finally play the Evil Within games. Still need to finish House of Ashes too, I had been playing that for a few hours but always late at night when my reflexes were completely shot and I was totally bungling everything lol. So I’ll give it a restart and see if I can’t be more competent this time around.

I think I’ll give RE1 remake another shot too, last time I tried was before the RE2 remake started to make an RE fan out of me, before that they never really clicked with me but I’ve beaten and enjoyed 2R, 3R, 7 and 8 since.

Evil Within is cool, the second is “better” gameplay wise but fixes a lot of weird jank that made the first game memorable to me. Also they made it open world with crafting which adds absolutely nothing imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fungah! posted:

download the enhanced edition mod created by the fans for the fans and then download the pc port off an abandonware site happy gaming gamer

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 29, 2022

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Is haunting ground good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i liked it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dongicus posted:

Is haunting ground good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui7vOLwPqV4