Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the ps5 is the best deal in gaming, for sony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

literally sweating to play GOW Ragnarok :pray:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The ps5 has access to two Soulsbourne games the other platforms don't get plus the best version of Elden Ring, so a ps5 is the best deal in gaming.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

the best version of Elden Ring

series x has the better version of elden ring now with everything patched but the other 2, absolutely.

e: or potentially it's the steam deck cos of the shader caching lol

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
sometimes I consider getting an Xbox but I can’t even keep up with new releases on consoles I do own

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

liquidypoo posted:

They should host a big fight for every PS Stars member to fight for their right to have their customer service calls handled first. Some sort of Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
What is this, a sequel to sayonara wild hearts without queen latifah?? Dumb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpno0wRqKuY

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

series x has the better version of elden ring now with everything patched but the other 2, absolutely.

The performance is better but you still get basically the entire Asian player base on Playstation. Souls games will always win on Playstation.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lol. Get hosed streamers. Gamepass next then premium.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Dreamcast being in this image is pain, gently caress you all who ignored it.

rest in peace my prince, you will have your day in the sun once again...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Ps5 version is the best version, actually.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I think I'm done with stellaris.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

fridge corn posted:

I think I'm done with stellaris.

Yeah I was super into it for like 3 weeks then got so burnt out I've never gone back. Only like 10 years from the Crisis too.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Every once in a while I see a new DLC for it and think maybe I can go back, but there's just too much out there to play.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I dont know if my left stick is messed up or what but I try to dodge in Sifu and supposed I dodge right, right right, sometimes I duck sometimes I hop, and sometimes I dodge right. Anyone else experience this? or is this my stick

acksplode
May 17, 2004

bows1 posted:

I dont know if my left stick is messed up or what but I try to dodge in Sifu and supposed I dodge right, right right, sometimes I duck sometimes I hop, and sometimes I dodge right. Anyone else experience this? or is this my stick

Are you mixing up dodge and avoid? Duck/hop is avoid (L1 plus stick down for avoiding low attacks, or stick in any other direction for avoiding high attacks) and dashing in a direction is dodge (R2 plus stick in direction). You want to mostly use avoid. Dodge is for getting out of the way of unavoidable grabs, or quickly repositioning yourself

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

Ps5 version is the best version, actually.

if you say it it’s definitely not so thank you

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

acksplode posted:

I don't think so Tim. All this proves is that a streaming-only platform that got put on life support a couple years ago because it lost support from up top is likely to get killed. MS is doing great with Xcloud by pitching it as part of a complete breakfast rather than the entire meal, and making sure it works well and has a library behind it. Here, have some Xbox thread success stories

Cloud gaming is a good thing, but I think the failure of most could gaming services is that making it the only option makes no sense. For most people downloading a game is just better. It’s a great secondary option that has no reason to be the only option.

I guess saving money on hardware is the biggest draw but at this point in time I think it makes more sense to just own the hardware.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Cloud gaming is a good thing, but I think the failure of most could gaming services is that making it the only option makes no sense. For most people downloading a game is just better. It’s a great secondary option that has no reason to be the only option.

I guess saving money on hardware is the biggest draw but at this point in time I think it makes more sense to just own the hardware.

Yeah streaming-only seems like it could only be a niche product. People who don't already own some form of gaming hardware are uh probably not gamers interested in a gaming service lol. But as a gap-filler that you can use to play your game in a pinch, it's way more compelling. Which makes MS uniquely well positioned to make it work

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

That was me. Don’t have a Home Depot in my country but a big ‘tv moving box’ stuffed with moving blankets and cushions and the tv wrapped in a non-environmental friendly amount of packing wrap did the trick. Couple of fingerprints on the corners but I still love my wife regardless

I am glad to hear that. I think we can all agree a big portion of what makes a successful adult relationship is an intact television.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
How far back do I need to go if I want to play metal gear solid? Ps3? Is there any way to get it functional on a 4 or 5? What's the oldest MGS game on the 4 or 5?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Oscar Wild posted:

How far back do I need to go if I want to play metal gear solid? Ps3? Is there any way to get it functional on a 4 or 5? What's the oldest MGS game on the 4 or 5?

MGS 1, 2, and 3 can only be played on a PS3 or earlier. MGS2 and MGS3 have HD remakes that are only available on PS3.

MGS4 is PS3 only.

MGSV (Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain) is on PS4. Metal Gear Survive is also on PS4.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Baggot posted:

MGS 1, 2, and 3 can only be played on a PS3 or earlier. MGS2 and MGS3 have HD remakes that are only available on PS3.

MGS4 is PS3 only.

MGSV (Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain) is on PS4. Metal Gear Survive is also on PS4.

Wow, I know I have it on my ps3, just have to hope it still works. Thank you

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oscar Wild posted:

just play Phantom pain.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

just play Phantom pain.

I want to play a good game

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Phantom Pain is the best game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the fun I had, buying a PS4 in 2015 to play phantom pain… can’t describe it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I put it down at the first mission where you get the walking leg robot thing and then never picked it back up again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pick it back up or I’ll kidnap you with a balloon

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Play all the MGS games imo. The only one who can decide which ones are good or bad....... is your self

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don’t recommend the older ones any more because they are so archaic in terms of gameplay that you run the risk of putting people off Mgsv, which is a really fun game even if you don’t know the story.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

goon adjacent podcast Watch out for Fireballs did two really good eps on MGSV recently that had me craving for another run… what a thrill

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

They're all worth playing, in spite of and even due to their antiquatedness.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I just played MGS1 on PS3 for the first time and enjoyed it. There were a few things that sucked (getting to Sniper Wolf without having picked up any Diazepam) but mostly it felt good to play and I enjoyed it right up until the end. I found stealth almost impossible though and ended up with hundreds of kills by the end. And MGS2 feels amazing by comparison. I need to get back to it, I've only finished the Tanker chapter so far.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I don’t recommend the older ones any more because they are so archaic in terms of gameplay that you run the risk of putting people off Mgsv, which is a really fun game even if you don’t know the story.

Coward.

Start with Metal Gear 1! (It and MG2 are bonuses included in MGS3 HD and Subsistence)

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How’s the Pulse wireless headset? It’s on sale on Amazon today

It is the most comfortable and sturdy gaming headset I've ever owned. The sound is better than the old Golds but not quite as good as the old Platinums and certainly not as good as I get with my XM4's or my fancy wired Bose headphones for music stuff. Also, in a feat of comical stupidity, it doesn't interact with the mute button on the controller that does work with other headsets. Oh well, the mute button on the headset is easy enough to get to. It's very easy to recommend, especially on sale.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
It's Kojima so it's impossible to parse archaic versus intentionally frustrating.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

if you say it it’s definitely not so thank you

unsourced rumors claiming to be insider leaks claim elden ring ps5 is quote the best version but on background so dont look into it ok

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oscar Wild posted:

It's Kojima so it's impossible to parse archaic versus intentionally frustrating.

fixed camera = no fun, it’s just that simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
MGS 1 is on good old games for pc.