Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Nahida's base passive can harvest local specialties that grow on walls :toot:

Thank god I got Qiqi'd then. Time to crack open all that Starglitter for Fates!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
https://streamable.com/mz4ajn

Nahida skill (cool)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

so it looks like it works just like riptide does and also generates energy each time the reactions proc off the mark (like riptide). that combined w/ the 50 cost for her burst means her burst is gonna be up REALLY often :v:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Her burst had a longer duration than the cooldown as well from what I saw, so it didn't seem like you would ever need to activate the 2 hydro passive nor need to consider having another dendro for energy reasons. Which seems kinda weird to me?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Radical posted:

Her burst had a longer duration than the cooldown as well from what I saw, so it didn't seem like you would ever need to activate the 2 hydro passive nor need to consider having another dendro for energy reasons. Which seems kinda weird to me?

the hydro passive from what i read makes the pyro/electro buffs stronger, so the pyro one gives more damage and the electro gives even more duration reduction between procs on her E

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Radical posted:

The point of the 2 hydro passive is to enable longer/slower rotations. Stuff like Xingqiu or Ayato's long burst cds, or even Fischl in hyperbloom, mean Nahida's burst would run out halfway without her duration bonus and you'd have to use it twice per rotation.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Seems like Nahida is gonna be the premiere support for Cyno in that case since he wants to be on field for so long during his burst. Kinda expected her to be his ideal support regardless but her burst having good long uptime is especially ideal.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The unlucky part is that the character who wants it the most, cyno, can't actually use it effectively because hydro turns off quicken. (she is still beyond perfect for cyno and losing 4 seconds of her burst passive is not much of a problem)

On a different topic Nahida's E trigger requirements have the most consequences for Nilou. Figuring out which nilou comps work will take a lot of experimentation in terms of how the bountiful dendro application and hydro application interact... it sounds pretty fun to play around with. My dream is somehow fitting in Ayato to filling up entire rooms with hydro and dendro and exploding cores...

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

No Wave posted:

The unlucky part is that the character who wants it the most, cyno, can't actually use it effectively because hydro turns off quicken. (she is still beyond perfect for cyno and losing 4 seconds of her burst passive is not much of a problem)

Wait what? Am I missing something from reading through the kit?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Hydro extends the duration of Nahida's Q. Cyno wants that the most as a field-time hog, but running him with Hydro is awkward.

Maybe this looks like a job for Barbara!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

On a different topic Nahida's E trigger requirements have the most consequences for Nilou. Figuring out which nilou comps work will take a lot of experimentation in terms of how the bountiful dendro application and hydro application interact... it sounds pretty fun to play around with. My dream is somehow fitting in Ayato to filling up entire rooms with hydro and dendro and exploding cores...

it still triggers from all reactions, not just bloom core explosions. just hitting a dendro'd target with hydro and triggering bloom will trigger the tri-karma damage. then when the dendro core eventually explodes that's a second potential trigger, limited by the 1.9s cd.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

her burst has a 15s base duration (and 13.5s cooldown) and gets an extra 4/6s duration if you have 1/2 hydros in the party. since a cyno quicken team wants 0 hydro, you will not be able to get that duration bonus, and nahida's burst will wear off before Cyno's does. however the mark from her skill still lasts 20 seconds so you will have no problems applying enough dendro for the full cyno burst duration

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nahida/Raiden/Kokomi/Albedo sounds like fun. Passive damage everywhere!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

it still triggers from all reactions, not just bloom core explosions. just hitting a dendro'd target with hydro and triggering bloom will trigger the tri-karma damage. then when the dendro core eventually explodes that's a second potential trigger, limited by the 1.9s cd.

her burst has a 15s base duration (and 13.5s cooldown) and gets an extra 4/6s duration if you have 1/2 hydros in the party. since a cyno quicken team wants 0 hydro, you will not be able to get that duration bonus, and nahida's burst will wear off before Cyno's does. however the mark from her skill still lasts 20 seconds so you will have no problems applying enough dendro for the full cyno burst duration

Oh, okay yeah that makes sense.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
The only bad thing about Nahida for me is that she's basically roughly what I wanted from an onfield dendro, except that she's stuck in a baby body with no movement options. I wish she could like, transfer her kit numbers onto an adult male martial artist. She could canonically do this, maybe?? Even then it's not like this makes her bad or anything, it just means that a hypothetical future character, which might not ever have been made, is a bit less likely to be made. Can't get sad about it.

Her downsides do suck for Cyno mains, but that's a Cyno field-hogging problem, not a Nahida problem. Cyno wants Dendro Thoma maybe. That's a character that'll probably be made at some point.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yes - but nilou's bountifuls explode almost immediately (.3 seconds I think?), meaning they can't retrigger E.

MoonCrab posted:

Her downsides do suck for Cyno mains, but that's a Cyno field-hogging problem, not a Nahida problem. Cyno wants Dendro Thoma maybe. That's a character that'll probably be made at some point.
Speaking as an accidental cyno main, complaints are totally overblown. You're losing 200EM and like... one E trigger over the course of a third of cyno's burst. Your total comp damage would go up like 3% with 20s Q uptime. As it stands her design is an absolute gift to cyno.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 29, 2022

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Genshin impact Tree.gone

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MoonCrab posted:

but nahida will be great at off-field stuff, she is like a dendro version of albedo/fischl in terms of long term consistent application (and damage). she'll probably be the best partner for Cyno since there's no way they're gonna make Baizhu better than the archon in her own niche
using her as an on-field driver is gonna be a much more niche playstyle probably, although still pretty decent. i wonder how she'd do in place of sucrose in a taser team.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Nahida burst sounds perfectly fine for cyno. His burst does in fact last too long and with 134 er, tf 4 piece and fischl on the team any target that lasts 12 seconds of his burst basically guarantees its ready off cool down and can be ended early. At least that's how it's been in practice. World bosses are lot of fun with him, it's non stop ripping and tearing

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i wonder how she'd do in place of sucrose in a taser team.

Probably terribly? Or at least it wouldn't be a taser comp. I imagine it'd mess up reactions, also no VV. It'd probably still be good by virtue of tons of poo poo going off constantly.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Does candace burst show as extra hits if your character isn’t being infused?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Well, if we mean taser very literally (fischl/beidou) it should be pretty strong. Beidou lets you avoid Venerer because she secures the most crucial first -10% resistance down. Nahida + Fischl + Beidou is grotesque for a lot of reasons, +1 can be bennett or zhongli or lord kazuha it doesnt matter much.

Truthfully my first master plan is Cyno/Beidou/Fischl/ProtoamberNahida. This team should be rly good and running keq with beidou doesnt feel that good because she spends so much time jumping and running around.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 29, 2022

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Japanese razor in this event sounds like he was recorded over a bad cellphone

Kale
May 14, 2010

I doubt it would ever be able to go that route but I'd kind of love to see Robo Scaramouche have a n angsty mecha battle with Robo Raiden anr sort out his mommy issues Showa era style

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Tae posted:

Ameno is still very relevant, mostly because Venti/Kazuha/Sucrose are still busted.

And Kazuha didn't get left behind by dendro, he actually became a good applicator.

Geo is absolutely the element left behind.

There's a fire pillar puzzle in the desert(that unlocks one of the one shot domains) which I did solely with kazuha and sayu, using the nearby for flowers that were locked behind invisible walls.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Thank you previous patches and events, for giving me the wishes to get c1 cyno + c6 of everybody else (c like a billion sayu but hey, w/e)

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Thank you previous patches and events, for giving me the wishes to get c1 cyno + c6 of everybody else (c like a billion sayu but hey, w/e)

How many wishes was that?!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
tree.1: Cyno beetle

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Real Cool Catfish posted:

How many wishes was that?!
Hundred-some? Basically everything from the Sumeru events BEFORE this patch + the previous round of the bp, + I was close to pity and then got lucky on the 50/50, and didn't get TOO many Sayu/Shinobu dupes (I already had them in c4/5 territory)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dang, I am not looking forward to having to backtrack through all the tomb and temple stuff once my "clearance" gets upgraded

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

As a long time Razor main, I'm loving this event, all of the illustrations on the event tab are adorable :3: I hope we get a teapot photo at the end

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I'm about to hit AR45, which from what I can tell on the wiki looks to be a good time to start grinding artifacts. I don't really mind doing so, but I hate when I get a domain that my main party is bad at doing, which from what I can tell is every Hu Tao domain. Like I don't mind having to pray to the RNG gods for good artifacts, but struggling in the domain to do so is very annoying. So when I did Venti's trial today I was quite pleased - I haven't encountered too many heavy enemies in regular domains, so is he a good character to help generally make them smoother? If so I'd really like to pull for him to help me get into gearing out the rest of my squad. I also have a R3 Stringless which seems like it'd be a very good bow on him.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Getting back into this after dipping out early 2021, before Inazuma came out. Anyone got a TL;DR for anything important I should do first? I'm AR45 fwiw, monstadt/liyue/dragonspire are all pretty much complete. Got a shitton of primogen from occasionally logging in over the last year just to claim poo poo, I don't have Venti, is it worth trying for him on the current banner? Or is he garbage tier now?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Anno posted:

I'm about to hit AR45, which from what I can tell on the wiki looks to be a good time to start grinding artifacts. I don't really mind doing so, but I hate when I get a domain that my main party is bad at doing, which from what I can tell is every Hu Tao domain. Like I don't mind having to pray to the RNG gods for good artifacts, but struggling in the domain to do so is very annoying. So when I did Venti's trial today I was quite pleased - I haven't encountered too many heavy enemies in regular domains, so is he a good character to help generally make them smoother? If so I'd really like to pull for him to help me get into gearing out the rest of my squad. I also have a R3 Stringless which seems like it'd be a very good bow on him.
Kind of. He doesn't work on every domain - for example he won't do that much for you in strayer, emblem, noblesse (unless you discover the ancient november 2020 art of mage corner swirl), and has limited usefulness in crimson witch. But he is comically unfair in domains like venerer.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Hah, after nearly 2 years of no keqing, I've gotten her twice on consecutive losing 50/50s.

Guess I'll just wait until nilou shows up to touch gacha again, she probably won't get a rerun as quick as nahida.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Dang, I am not looking forward to having to backtrack through all the tomb and temple stuff once my "clearance" gets upgraded

I wouldn't mind it as much if it was all one spot, instead of various ruins all over the drat place.

Lobsterpillar posted:

There's a fire pillar puzzle in the desert(that unlocks one of the one shot domains) which I did solely with kazuha and sayu, using the nearby for flowers that were locked behind invisible walls.

I found a different one (at least, I don't think it unlocked anything), but I killed the flower while fighting the dudes around it. Turns out yanfei's burst is actually quite large, even if I did have to schelp her around to find things to kill to charge it up.

Anno posted:

I can't speak for venti, because I don't have him, but I feel like I've heard that stringless is quite good for him. And yes, the domains sorta have the issue that you need to do other domains to get other people good enough before you can tackle the ones you want. Kinda like how you want a hydro guy or two to sort out the crimson witch domain. And yeah, hu tao is a pain in the talent domain unless you have c1, because you'll end up with pretty bad stamina issues. I use yanfei for that, mostly.

But yes, I think ar45 is when you can do the lv 90 domains, and those give you the best stuff, so that's when you want to start in on the grind.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Did condensed resin always exist? Because I can't imagine grinding these domains without it

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Did condensed resin always exist? Because I can't imagine grinding these domains without it

noope, and the resin limit used to be 120 instead of 180 160 whoops too

e: but the daily battlepass missions still asked for 150 per day so they were impossible without logging in 2x per day. and the weekly use-resin BP mission was for 1600 instead of 1200, so it was literally impossible to complete it without stamina resets

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 30, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It was added in 1.1, along with increasing the resin cap from 120 to 160. At the time people were mad because it was making daily content shorter and "pandering to whales refreshing their resin" and "not fixing the underlying issues". (I don't miss 1.0/1.1 discourse)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

noope, and the resin limit used to be 120 instead of 180 too

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Wow that sounds like rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Anno posted:

If you ever have trouble with a domain, you can always pop into goon discord and ask for an assist.