Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Popeahuntis posted:

I really miss the days nostalgia meant homecoming sorrow

I see you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
hulk therapy episode was good

was not expecting Amadeus cho

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I’ve been following the actor who plays Man-Bull on tiktok for a while. He’s great.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

site posted:

hulk therapy episode was good

was not expecting Amadeus cho

Me neither? Didn't notice him either. What did I miss?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I might be reaching but from the final scene it seemed like that is who he might really be

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

That seems like a reach, yeah. He's not HulkKing, he was texting whoever that is on the phone. Probably wasn't his tech. Also we met his young single mom in Avengers 2, Amadeus is not a full grown dude in his 30s yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Also isn’t he a good guy? Not a creepy womanizing villain? I guess they could make him whatever they want but that would seem like an odd choice.

I loved the episode. D list super villain group therapy support group is a killer idea I would not have gotten to myself.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

theironjef posted:

That seems like a reach, yeah. He's not HulkKing, he was texting whoever that is on the phone. Probably wasn't his tech. Also we met his young single mom in Avengers 2, Amadeus is not a full grown dude in his 30s yet.

we did?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Avengers scientist Ultron kidnapped and who built Visions body was Helen Cho.

One of many elements of Age of Ultron that felt rushed and poorly developed.

That being said I don’t recall much of any character development for her and it’s been like a decade so I dont feel like that’s a disqualifying fact from the possibility of her having a grown kid. I just don’t think that’s him.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Helen would be about mid-40's now, so she'd have a kid in high school or college.

Park Seo-Joon has reportedly been cast in an undisclosed role for The Marvels, and people have speculated he could be Amadeus Cho.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

STAC Goat posted:

The Avengers scientist Ultron kidnapped and who built Visions body was Helen Cho.

One of many elements of Age of Ultron that felt rushed and poorly developed.

That being said I don’t recall much of any character development for her and it’s been like a decade so I dont feel like that’s a disqualifying fact from the possibility of her having a grown kid. I just don’t think that’s him.

i totally forgot that character existed lol

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Jamesman posted:

Helen would be about mid-40's now, so she'd have a kid in high school or college.

Park Seo-Joon has reportedly been cast in an undisclosed role for The Marvels, and people have speculated he could be Amadeus Cho.

50/50 on that of course, she could be in her late 30s still after taking a five year snap nap.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

site posted:

i totally forgot that character existed lol

Having recently rewatched Age of Ultron one of the things that stood out to me is all the supporting characters like her, Hill, Rhodey, Sam. It’s just so overstuffed and a lot suffers from it. And Cho is a new character who actually plays a weirdly biggish role but is given no time or development at all. Its like one scene early on when she patches up Hawkeye, then she’s at the Avengers after party for some reason, and then she’s kidnapped. It’s weird.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Heck she even moves into the upstate New York compound and they say in the movie that she's assigned to a research team with Erik Selvig. There's a shot of her touring the compound with Maria Hill. She might have died in the Endgame battle. No way to know.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
What was the text in the last shot of this week She-Hulk? I didn’t get the meaning.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

New Wave Jose posted:

What was the text in the last shot of this week She-Hulk? I didn’t get the meaning.

He stole some of her blood

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

Napoleon Nelson posted:

He stole some of her blood

Ok make sense thanks.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm glad the therapy scene Wasn't a fake out. Even if I kind of miss Abomination and want to see more Wrecking Crew, that was nice and I was worried it was a trick to get her to power down.

Also kind of surprised at how good Porcupine looked in live action

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Opopanax posted:

I'm glad the therapy scene Wasn't a fake out. Even if I kind of miss Abomination and want to see more Wrecking Crew, that was nice and I was worried it was a trick to get her to power down.

Also kind of surprised at how good Porcupine looked in live action

Yea that is where I thought the scene was heading and it felt like that was what it was building up to so I was super glad that it went against expectations and became very genuine.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

She-Hulk is so so good.

I loved this episode.

I especially liked how all the people there were genuinely working through issues and all seemed to be actually nice and trying to better themselves. Including Emil. I hope Emil doesn't ever become a villain again and keeps being super well adjusted.

I also loved it when Jen poured her heart out and the reaction from the circle was "Where is that guy? LET'S GET HIM!"

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

That.. that was an unexpected ending and a major switch in tone. The whole thing was one of the great character episodes of any superhero show

Loved it, but Jen is going to wreck poo poo when she finds out what's going on..

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
been on a cape kick lately. jessica jones kind of declined each season but the fall from 2->3 imo was pretty sharp. i didn't really like the introduction objective morality via the empath guy, it felt weird and artificial and to facilitate the twist. some good performances although ritter seemed idk checked out?

did the comic go like this it felt very much like an adaptation that was maybe missing some indefinable x factor? you have the serial killer who imo was a very poor villain, you have the supporting cast stepping up into that role but it didn't quite work for me. about as good as the defenders was which is to say not very. did they know this was going to be the end of the series, real downer ending if so.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Jessica Jones doesn''t have a huge comic history to draw on, so the show deviated pretty quickly. Season 1 expands/improves on her story with Kilgrave. Pretty much everything else is new or heavily changed.
Season 1 just set such a high bar, really good show.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I like how She-Hulk keeps casually introducing super-people. Reminds me of Peacemaker in that respect (granted we never saw many other supes but Peacemaker constantly name dropping other heroes made the world feel bigger)

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

StumblyWumbly posted:

Jessica Jones doesn''t have a huge comic history to draw on, so the show deviated pretty quickly. Season 1 expands/improves on her story with Kilgrave. Pretty much everything else is new or heavily changed.
Season 1 just set such a high bar, really good show.

killed him off too quickly even though that made for a better season. promised to bring him back as they did in S2 via flashback and sort of never did. shame.

it feels like al the netflix shows started good and got worse if they were ever good at all

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CoolCab posted:

killed him off too quickly even though that made for a better season. promised to bring him back as they did in S2 via flashback and sort of never did. shame.

it feels like al the netflix shows started good and got worse if they were ever good at all

Well not all of them. The third season of Daredevil was the best season by far. And that's after a great first season and a pretty good second one.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Iron Fist S2 was certainly better than the first season. I'd argue Punisher was too.

Fun She Hulk episode. Pretty sure the nametag on the driver of Slott towing company said Dan.

Abomaste

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

X-O posted:

Well not all of them. The third season of Daredevil was the best season by far. And that's after a great first season and a pretty good second one.

That was the Punisher and Electra stuff? It's been a while but I remember the Punisher part was great, Electra much less so. The quality of the episode was inversely proportional to the number of ninjas in it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

StumblyWumbly posted:

That was the Punisher and Electra stuff? It's been a while but I remember the Punisher part was great, Electra much less so. The quality of the episode was inversely proportional to the number of ninjas in it.

Season 3 was the Born Again/Bullseye season.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah She Hulk is the best Marvel show by far and prob my fav new comedy of the year. It just feels so real and brave in doing its own thing, I love it. An episode about therapy that actually betters their characters? That's my goddamn poo poo and its so rare.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i definitely remember season 3 of daredevil as being the stupid electra stuff and also separated mentally the punisher stuff off into the first season of that show, lol. i only liked s1 of daredevil iirc.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Electra was dead for all of Season 3 of Daredevil

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
season 3 was born again

not to be confused with the upcoming d+ show, born again

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CoolCab posted:

i definitely remember season 3 of daredevil as being the stupid electra stuff and also separated mentally the punisher stuff off into the first season of that show, lol. i only liked s1 of daredevil iirc.

Season 2 was all set up for punisher and defenders and season 3 was fall out from defenders

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I had misgivings about season 3 just because Kingpin had been subtly shifted from "Huge dangerous bruiser that plays at being a shadow puppet master but is actually always swinging wildly when he gets mad" to somewhat more generic "I knew you knew I knew you were going to do that, which is why I did this!" type shows up on screens everywhere villain.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Alright, I finished Hawkeye. Pretty good. Lots of fun action, the characters worked well, most of the humor worked. A good time overall.

But it's very messy. There are two major theme things very strongly established early on, the villains are mirrors of the heroes, and deafness. The second episode spent so much time establishing that Kate and the stepdad were basically the same guy, I figured it was either to set up the stepdad being a red herring or him, like, secretly being her bio dad somehow too. And in the end it turned out yeah he was a read herring he's actually fine. And Clint and Barton are both hearing impaired, both not over the death of a loved one, both tormented by the events of Hawkeye's Ronin days. But that goes absolutely nowhere, they both have to just get over it separately without their arcs really syncing up at all. And then the deafness thing just gets dropped.

To set up both of those things so strongly in the beginning but at the end they've been done with and they just gotta take down the Kingpin, is not great.

Kate and Clint's central relationship is really good, they're fun together, but they have surprisingly little to do with each other's arcs. Kate has to become the superhero she has been training to be, Clint needs to forgive himself for Natasha's death and also the murders he did, I guess? They do help each other out by being buddies but at the end Kate resolves her thing by herself by beating up the kingpin and realizing her mom is a crook, and Clint resolves his thing by letting Black Widow kick the poo poo out of him but convincing her not to kill him and also getting home in time for Christmas.

Most of the pieces work, but they don't come together to make a cohesive whole.

Also, I said most of the humor worked. The extended LARP jokes did not. That is some goddamn first Obama administration era humor. All of the scenes dealing with it loving drag, and then it pays off by having the LARPers there at the end in a completely unnecessary function, clearly just because they invested so much time in this drat LARP subplot that they've gotta do something with it in the last episode.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think practically Fisk always kind of had to become more of the Kingpin of Crime and less of the anxiety riddled pretended he was in Daredevil S1. That was great but it feels like it has a shelf life and if you want him around long term he’s gonna go more supervillain and gain more confidence. But I think generally they’ve done a good job keeping that original scared child there under the surface. D’Onofrio obviously is great in the role.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

theironjef posted:

I had misgivings about season 3 just because Kingpin had been subtly shifted from "Huge dangerous bruiser that plays at being a shadow puppet master but is actually always swinging wildly when he gets mad" to somewhat more generic "I knew you knew I knew you were going to do that, which is why I did this!" type shows up on screens everywhere villain.

Yea I tapped out of season three for this reason. It just felt like a show that knew it had to be 13 episodes so let's fill the time with the Kingpin psychoanalysing everyone for 25 mins an episode. I don't think I got pass episode three.
Season 1 of Daredevil was solid. Season 2 was half good half bad (everything with Frank was good, everything with Elektra was bad) and I never finished season three.
As for Alias/Jessica Jones season 1 was also solid and season 2 was fine but suffered way too much from people acting stupid just to advance the plot which gets annoying after a while.

Edit: it's amazing how Kingpin, despite being played by the same actor, goes to two different extremes in Daredevil season 3 and Hawkeye.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really want to see Kingpin vs Spiderman, as a kid that's how I was introduced to Fisk so they're always connected in my mind.

Thus is also why Typhoid Mary and Daredevil are more important to me than Elektra because that's the first Daredevil comics I read.

BTW, I'm sure there are stories where fisk goes after someone he can't just threaten, either legally or physically? Like he steals some Uru and he won't really be able to threaten Thor with a lawsuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I really want to see Kingpin vs Spiderman, as a kid that's how I was introduced to Fisk so they're always connected in my mind.

Thus is also why Typhoid Mary and Daredevil are more important to me than Elektra because that's the first Daredevil comics I read.

BTW, I'm sure there are stories where fisk goes after someone he can't just threaten, either legally or physically? Like he steals some Uru and he won't really be able to threaten Thor with a lawsuit.

Yeah he just hires villains to fight for him. Wrecking Crew or something.