Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am a hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Vilitch is sort of a little guy being carried around by a fat guy.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Kuiperdolin posted:

Mazdamundi is also sitting on a thing albeit not carried by actual creatures.

If Zlaaq could hear you, he'd be very hurt. :colbert:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

i could be, just for one day

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Pierre McGuire posted:

*snip

I generally had trouble using crane gunners effectively as they feel like an inferior version of Warplock Jezzails - slower to get into position and poorly armored by comparison. I think using Iron Hail Gunners the way Kanos describes here is the way to go instead.

*snip

Everything else I generally agree with, but wat? Crane Gunners are insane. The speed issue is very fair, but they have better shields (higher parry), and do more ap damage with their guns while having the same range and ammo. They do disgusting things to whatever you can get clean sight lines on and 2 of them will take care of any air threat, up to and including bloodthirsters or dragons. Absolute beasts. Real good at protecting flanks as well.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Raygereio posted:

If Zlaaq could hear you, he'd be very hurt. :colbert:

That's fair, Zlaaq is a good boy. I was thinking of his default appearance.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Crane gunners were trash at launch but were since buffed

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Thorgrim, Greasus, Thorek, Grom, and Ku’Gath are all some flavor of “too fat/accomplished to move, but are still valiant warriors”

Hey, Thorek starts out on foot. He just decides to start bringing his anvil to battles after seeing the competition.

I would love it if they opened up mount options to everybody (within reason) at some point. I hate it when I end up with one hero on a flying mount, one on a horse, and one on foot in an army.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
greasus on a flying palanquin carried by eight different vargheist-tier flyers from different factions, because it shows he can afford to hire them

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I'm digging how Khatep is riding a coffin (or hearse) that shoots ghost lasers.

Unrelated, I'm bad at chariots, I find my Princes are often as good or better on a horse, murdering enemy SEMs.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
He's riding the Ark of the Covenant like that boss that he is.

I'm still bad at the game, but chariots are a unit that's absolutely great as long as you're clicking them around like mad, and instantly pop when you dare to look away and/or leave them in combat for a single second. I think the only reason to put a prince on one is that you like having chariots in your list and would like one to be able to stand around in combat after the charge, which is a pretty big commitment from a hero slot. I'd agree that it's probably easier to have princes keep their MA/MD/AP and stay on a horse.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

is malus' campaign still a pain in the rear end where you can't replenish most of the time?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
No, they removed the replenishment effect from the satanometer, it's now a mechanism for deciding if you're gonna ally with the other dark elves or make pals with the demons

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Kazzah posted:

No, they removed the replenishment effect from the satanometer, it's now a mechanism for deciding if you're gonna ally with the other dark elves or make pals with the demons

thank gently caress, now i can play the edgy boy

edit: fellow monster fans, here is a really good reskin mod that makes alith anar look like hes meant to in the lore, ie a spooky wraithy boy
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2866861283

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Sep 30, 2022

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
I find chariots frustrating to use. I'm really not seeing the impact damage they are supposed to be dealing. As Tomb King they just meander around like ants until they get bogged down and crumble away. Even Settra on his pimpmobile is doing meh damage in spite of wake boarding over and through swarms of bodies.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

How do you deal with Ghorst and the mortis engine as Kugath in the early game? I thought I nearly had the battle won against him and his 3 stacks of zombies, but nothing I had could dent him or the mortis engine.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

99pct of germs posted:

How do you deal with Ghorst and the mortis engine as Kugath in the early game? I thought I nearly had the battle won against him and his 3 stacks of zombies, but nothing I had could dent him or the mortis engine.

Keep it out of combat so it can't turn on or use horse mans with throwing axes.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

99pct of germs posted:

If you can force him into a settlement defense his mobility will hamstring him. Of course you're Nurgle so you'll want extra nurglings or toads to stay ahead in the cap game.

You can also game the AR. It's an ugly match up that's surprisingly hard to play out.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Any tips for Throth the Unclean? I'm getting overwhelmed with the mutation options.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Fat Samurai posted:

Any tips for Throth the Unclean? I'm getting overwhelmed with the mutation options.

early on i just tend to aim to unlock stuff. i usually do 2 or 3 mutations cause most of the time you get away with it without making the unit unstable, but an unstable unit isnt the end of the world anyway since you can turn it into mutagen and just recruit a new one if you want.

there's a mutation that gives 2 random unlocked mutations and i use that one quite a lot. you can use mutations more tactically (idk like first example i could think of was giving all your stuff vanguard) later one when you've got more unlocked, but early on its pretty low stakes mini bonuses. the bound warp lightning for monsters is probably the most noticable early one bc it gives you another source of warp lightning spam

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I spent the first bunch of batches of mutation juice throwing stuff onto slaves/wolf rats that I would blender when they got unstable just to unlock and experiment with the abilities.

All of the green mutations are generally pretty good and safe to stick on stuff whatever you want. For infantry Muscle Enlargement is very good to throw slaves or basic clan rats since you're doubling/nearly doubling their AP and +5 MA is nothing to sneeze at. Also pretty good on plague monks.

Mors-tosterne is a slam pick for stormvermin since it gives them frenzy and thus immune to psychology. It stops working if they go under 50% leadership but until then it patches one of the big weaknesses stormvermin have.

Enhanced Muscle Fibre is excellent for your eshin skirmishers.

Troll spleen and necroparasites are really good for anything elite you have, pairing Mors-tosterone with either will give you a really durable frontline.

For monster you can't go wrong putting +weapon damage on the non-poison wolf rats since they have such a lot of AP damage, and later the same if true for rat ogres. Honestly as you can't go wrong sticking the green mutations on your monsters, except maybe for the guardian one, and be careful with the warplightning ability as it can hit allies.

The top tier one that makes the unit undead but gives them vampire regeneration is good, but since skaven monsters generally have pretty bad leadership you need to be really vigilant it's not crumbling unnecessarily.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

haven't done Throt in 3 yet, but unless they've changed the costs massively I imagine churning through a pile of skavenslaves the first few times the vat fills to unlock the stronger stuff quicker is still the way to go

and then once you've got other sources of mutagen you grab the upgrade that give skavenslaves free mutations on recruit and churn through even more looking for useful combos

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Third World Reagan posted:

So why I like the magistrate.

Each cathayan range unit has an accuracy of 10% and a marksmanship bonus of 10%. This gives them a 20% chance to land a shot on target. 80% chance they do not land and instead land within their calibration area within their calibration range. The calibration range is always smaller than their max range.

The exception here is the grand cannon that has 10% accuracy and 25% marksmanship.

Grand Tactician from a magistrate adds 10 reload skill to all range within 55 meters, which is about a 10% reduction in reload time. The reload times here:

Reload skill is the single most powerful stat in the game for a ranged army. People really need to actually try magistrates instead of immediately discounting them. At a certain point stacking one more 10% reload speed bonus nearly doubles your fire rate.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

KPC_Mammon posted:

Reload skill is the single most powerful stat in the game for a ranged army. People really need to actually try magistrates instead of immediately discounting them. At a certain point stacking one more 10% reload speed bonus nearly doubles your fire rate.

Yea I was asking about that a bit ago, with some dodgy stats on a casket which clearly thought it was stacking -reload when in reality it wasn't? Something about a cap on -reload buffs? Can anyone elaborate?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Anyone have a good basic primer for Ku'gath? I haven't played any Nurgle before, and while I'm happy to just open-palm slam buttons between battles without knowing what they do, I'd appreciate having some idea of what to prioritize with the plagues and poo poo. Also, it seems like "faster building cycle" might be kind of a trap tech, doesn't that also mean the buildings will move through their top-tier stage more quickly?

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
mini-update broke my campaign/mods for the campaign. Tried to rollback but campaign still broken.

Is there a mod manager for W3 like there was for 2. It's hard to keep track of which mods I had activated versus which i didn't with CA's mod system.

Oh well, Master's class begins tomorrow so I won't be able to play for next 5 weeks anyway.

Old Woman Island
Feb 21, 2011

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

mini-update broke my campaign/mods for the campaign. Tried to rollback but campaign still broken.

Is there a mod manager for W3 like there was for 2. It's hard to keep track of which mods I had activated versus which i didn't with CA's mod system.

Oh well, Master's class begins tomorrow so I won't be able to play for next 5 weeks anyway.

https://github.com/Shazbot/WH3-Mod-Manager

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Muscle Tracer posted:

Anyone have a good basic primer for Ku'gath? I haven't played any Nurgle before, and while I'm happy to just open-palm slam buttons between battles without knowing what they do, I'd appreciate having some idea of what to prioritize with the plagues and poo poo. Also, it seems like "faster building cycle" might be kind of a trap tech, doesn't that also mean the buildings will move through their top-tier stage more quickly?

The faster they cycle the faster you'll get new units to recruit

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

juggalo baby coffin posted:

edit: fellow monster fans, here is a really good reskin mod that makes alith anar look like hes meant to in the lore, ie a spooky wraithy boy

That's good, he doesn't look spooky at all in his current version

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

Muscle Tracer posted:

it equates to no change in income but more units, so not good because you only need nurglings and heros but there aren't any good commandments once you have corruption and control maxed. Have an extra lord or two following kugath until you unlock the good plagues (50 spreads unlock) following this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXieUjsDLK0. Once you get the good plagues it gets much easier. One gives combat strength (20% resistance and summons), one gives replenish and vanguard deployment, one gives growth, one sack bonus, and the last one use with plague cultists before a difficult battle.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

drat, speak of the devil, the guy who did that alith anar reskin also did a grey ogres reskin:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2843489924

idk if its compatible with the fancy version of greasus though

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
I'd recommend unlocking the plagues in the order Rot > Buboes > Ague > Pox > Palsy. Beasts of nurgle and nurglings are the best units. Skip magic on Kugath in favor of the stat line that ends with an AOE damage aura. Nurgle magic is better than death magic.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

-40% to armor on an enemy army just absolutely tanks their autoresolve capability

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

I nearly finished my campaign nooo

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

speaking of pale where's the mod that gives vlad belakor's ability but it's to turn human lords into vampires yeah that's right that's a loving good idea (was probably in the thread already)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I want a mod for Sylvania to have a reverse elector count system.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Doomykins posted:

Nobody tells vlad what do

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Vampires just need those strategic points in every empire capital with fun buildings that give funny boosts rather than boring ones

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Thanks for the Nurgle tips. Trying to give the campaign a fair shake, but this guy stinks!

Doomykins posted:

Muscle Tracer posted:

I'd like a Vampire Counts lord whose objective is to kill, then raise the ghosts of, each of the Elector Counts. And her signature line can be, "Summon the elector counts!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Thatd loving rule lol