Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

All new changes for those that want them all in one place:

Forbidden

Fairy Tail – Snow (1->0)
Ronintoadin (3->0)
Crystron Halquifibrax (1->0)
Chaos Ruler, the Chaotic Magical Dragon (3->0)
Red Reboot (1->0)

Limited

Blackwing – Steam the Cloak (0->1)
Cyber Jar (0->1)
Mecha Phantom Beast O-Lion (0->1)
Substitoad (0->1)
Spellbook of Judgment (0->1)
Appointer of the Red Lotus (3->1)

Unlimited

Dinomight Knight, the True Dracofighter
Cyber Angel Benten (2->3)
Shooting Riser Dragon (2->3)
Fusion Destiny (1->3)
Nadir Servant (2->3)
Trickstar Light Stage (2->3)
Wall of Revealing Light (2->3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
So, which new deck was running away with Ronintoadin and needed a hit without directly hitting their cards? I notice it's a two-star, was it Spright?

What about Chaos Ruler?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cleretic posted:

So, which new deck was running away with Ronintoadin and needed a hit without directly hitting their cards? I notice it's a two-star, was it Spright?

It was spright yeah.

This list was almost good, but they completely botched it by not touching mystic mine, also Tearlaments will be the definitive best deck, potentially even tier 0 with the ishizu cards.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ronin was a ticking time bomb but I don't agree with bringing back Substi. A card that can poo poo 20+ cards from your deck into the grave at the cost of your normal + drawing a monster that specials itself still seems unhealthy to have around

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Ban all sprights bring back all frog cards.

Substitoad to one, my girl is back!

Chaos Ruler ban seems a little weird but I sorta get it.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Substitioad, unlike other Frog cards, is level 1 instead of 2 so it would be harder (though not impossible) to add seamlessly into a Spright list. I imagine the definitive Spright variant will be Live Twin going forward.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Chaos Ruler ban seems a little weird but I sorta get it.

Chaos ruler is insanely good. Mill 5 add a light/dark from them is crazy.
Resolve it in tears and youre 3/4s the way to win.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Chaos ruler is insanely good. Mill 5 add a light/dark from them is crazy.
Resolve it in tears and youre 3/4s the way to win.

Yeah he's good but he's not the problem card in tears. The tears are

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
It's very funny to me that they didn't hit Mine or Scythe.

I think it's mostly a PUNK hit, but the fact that it hits Tearalaments is a bonus.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah but theyre new. New cards dont get the hammer.
They wont get touched until the next set release.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

hello thread. I don't play yugioh but I found a bunch of old yugioh cards from when I was a kid. what's the best scanner app to catalogue them? also are they, like, worth anything? I play MTG and old MTG cards are pretty pricy, but it seems less the case for Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon due to (from my understanding) much higher power creep

I would have posted in samart but I couldn't find a thread for yugioh there

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

kalel posted:

hello thread. I don't play yugioh but I found a bunch of old yugioh cards from when I was a kid. what's the best scanner app to catalogue them? also are they, like, worth anything? I play MTG and old MTG cards are pretty pricy, but it seems less the case for Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon due to (from my understanding) much higher power creep

I would have posted in samart but I couldn't find a thread for yugioh there

Some of the old cards at higher rarities in mint condition can still be worth a lot of money, especially if they see play in legacy formats. Your best bet is to look at price guides like TCG player to get a rough estimate for how much those would cost. Be sure to look for the 1st ed status, the set release, and the type of rarity the cards are

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah but theyre new. New cards dont get the hammer.
They wont get touched until the next set release.

Not a single tear list has ever touched chaos ruler.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Julias posted:

Some of the old cards at higher rarities in mint condition can still be worth a lot of money, especially if they see play in legacy formats. Your best bet is to look at price guides like TCG player to get a rough estimate for how much those would cost. Be sure to look for the 1st ed status, the set release, and the type of rarity the cards are

are non 1st eds and/or non-near-mint cards just straight trash then

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

kalel posted:

are non 1st eds and/or non-near-mint cards just straight trash then
A lot of those cards have been reprinted (Blue Eyes White Dragon has like a half dozen different artwork versions now) or just aren’t played any more, so the only people who really care are the collectors. You know, the kinds of people who pay thousands of dollars for a Base Set 1st Edition Charizard.

Though this does depend on how old. What are a few of the seemingly valuable cards so we can get an idea of what you’re working with?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://bandai-hobby.net/site/hobbyshow2022/30/yugioh.html

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Mine is honestly fine. Pretty good exactly because 98% of decks run nothing but monsters and things that fetch monsters. Pulling players kicking and screaming into playing any cards other than their combo pieces is definitely more interesting than doing nothing but picking the correct 2 handtraps for the format.

That all being said, I am just a fan of alternate wincon decks in the first place (new burn staples when).

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
“Draw the out” doesn’t even apply to most of those 98% deck since they were so dependent on using monster effect as their removal method. Half of them only bother packing feather in side deck.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Sep 30, 2022

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I'm buying a bunch of the new structure deck that just came out for Ash Blossom.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Syenite posted:

Mine is honestly fine. Pretty good exactly because 98% of decks run nothing but monsters and things that fetch monsters. Pulling players kicking and screaming into playing any cards other than their combo pieces is definitely more interesting than doing nothing but picking the correct 2 handtraps for the format.

That all being said, I am just a fan of alternate wincon decks in the first place (new burn staples when).

Milling your opponent out 1 card at a time for 30 turns is poo poo.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Charles Bukowski posted:

nah it's pretty funny actually

Alternate answer: so you're saying konami should print actual mill support

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Kyrosiris posted:

Unironically reprint Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower. The only reason I can't physically make my favorite dumbshit gimmick deck from Master Duel is that not a single copy apparently exists in Australia.

Granted, Mayakashi Mill isn't quite as funny when you're playing a format without Maxx C. There's some real power in making them help you mill them, and personally, I'll accept the risk of accidentally giving them Ash Blossom in the attempt.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 30, 2022

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Charles Bukowski posted:

Everyone joke about draw the out, but it’s a major problem with the deck structure of modern meta when they can’t kill a field spell after drawing 30 cards. Even when the mine player setup protection to their field, they have the same limitations as you and they can do something in it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Bring back running 6 pieces of one off s/t removal.

Return to your roots.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Mystic mine is fine. The real problem is Little D. Well, for me, anyway.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

Watch them print new runick and it becomes busted overnight.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I support actual mill as a win condition, sure. Same as burn or exodia etc. What I'm against is Stall. Slow top deck wars because someone has decided to freeze the game and have no win condition besides 35 turn mill. If a mystic mine deck ran Final Countdown at 1 I would respect it more.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Charles Bukowski posted:

I support actual mill as a win condition, sure. Same as burn or exodia etc. What I'm against is Stall. Slow top deck wars because someone has decided to freeze the game and have no win condition besides 35 turn mill. If a mystic mine deck ran Final Countdown at 1 I would respect it more.

So Mystic Mine Burn's cool then?

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Cleretic posted:

So Mystic Mine Burn's cool then?

Yes.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Simply draw the out.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

So you want mill to either be too slow to not actually win or do you want really fast mill because both of those options suck rear end worse than playing stun mill

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

So you want mill to either be too slow to not actually win or do you want really fast mill because both of those options suck rear end worse than playimg stun mill

I had a match go to like 30 minutes at a casual locals on Wednesday night where I played my friend's striker deck with tearlaments. Just a loving slog. Just game 1 lol.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'd like each player to get a few turns to try and make their decks do their thing and end in a time which is enjoyable for all parties involved. I am an idealist and have no real ideas on how to achieve any of this. It's just what I'd like.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Mystic Mine is a completely unreasonable card since it
- disabled the primary win condition of attacking
- turns off the vast majority of the outs to it
- ruins almost every combo/search line in the game

There is no point in YGO's history at which it would've been a reasonable card, it should be killed.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Bring back the field spells destroying the opponents field on play

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That was my first argument I had with another player when I got back into the game in 2015. What do you mean you can have 2 field spells on the field?!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

Bring back the field spells destroying the opponents field on play

Just play valyants

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Is that how people from the valley pronounce valiant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Just play valyants

Put em in master duel and i wont but i will think about it