Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

World War Mammories posted:

even after however many years this still makes me laugh, I think it's the unfocused eyes

For me, it's the "That's my one-armed man!" line. I would love an actual do a The Fugitive episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

AlternateNu posted:

For me, it's the "That's my one-armed man!" line. I would love an actual do a The Fugitive episode.

You're just asking for another heist episode, you evil jerk.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Argas posted:

The night people are basically slavery with extra steps and Rick's just cutting to the chase by refusing to give in. They made them to offload work they don't want to do in the first place and taking back any amount of that just increases the amount of labor. This is further complicated by the night people being themselves, or at least sharing their body, so there's none of the advantages of externalizing the slavery. And we see it end the other way from the night family. Rather than returning to doing poo poo they'd rather not do, they just decide to end it.

Also because he's a petty rear end in a top hat.

The funniest part of the whole thing is that they night people were actually perfectly willing to do offloaded tasks and held no actual ill will towards the daymanoids, just if they agreed to make their tasks a little bit easier by taking two seconds to do prep work like rinsing the dishes beforehand.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I've lived with many people who took me asking if they could just pitch in with cleaning a tiny, tiny bit as me being a nazi about poo poo and I found the night peeps' plight almost as relatable as Rick's reaction to it.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Senor Tron posted:

So we had the scene last episode where Rick broke the control to open the liquor cabinet, and he didn't drink once this episode. A big part of the premise is that he seems to be going to sleep in his bed every night rather than just falling unconscious wherever he happens to be.

I reckon he's stopped drinking.

Good catch, hope you're right.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MOOMANiBE/status/1575588550439215104

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'd like to believe that he is trolling him.

I don't believe that, but I would like to.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I thought it was common knowledge that the two creators of this show are loving idiots?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Elon was on the show, Dan and Justin are embarrassing Elon fanboys, this is not news.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
The guest appearance was in like 2018, I was low key hoping they’d changed their opinions of him since then

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

didn't harmon tell the crew of rick and morty specifically not to poo poo-talk musk in the office or something lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wasn't there union-busting as well?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I find Roiland really funny, so it's always bummer when something like this or the union thing comes out.

Although the union thing seemed a lot more like he was more angry that he was blindsided by it and less about the union itself. That's not like a ton better though.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I remembered it more as “why do you guys even want a Union?”, but that has some hidden issues as well if that was the case

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

PostNouveau posted:

Wasn't there union-busting as well?

Way back during the second season. Roiland wasn't happy about the unions.

That reminds me, we haven't seen Typical (the goon who worked as a designer on this show, name might be wrong) in a while, have we

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

FireWorksWell posted:

Way back during the second season. Roiland wasn't happy about the unions.

That reminds me, we haven't seen Typical (the goon who worked as a designer on this show, name might be wrong) in a while, have we

They posted to say they had moved on to other projects iirc.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

edit: woops wrong Rick and Morty thread

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 30, 2022

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Macaluso posted:

They seem to have fixed the thing where you could bait the CPU to come off stage with Morty's up special. They won't come out after you anymore, they'll just spaz out at the ledge. Which is really annoying because it was the easiest way for me to get the under 60 damage and less than 150 second missions done.

I'm sorry, what?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

edit: woops wrong Rick and Morty thread

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 30, 2022

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Macaluso posted:

You could jump out to near the blast zone, do Morty's up special to call Rick's car, and the CPU would come out there to try and attack you. This would result in either them getting to the ship and you could easily knock them out, or they would use up all their jumps in the process and they would just fall to their death. You would have to get a hit on them once to count for the missions but still. It made them way easier. Now they just will sit at the ledge and freak out and just dash back and forth until you come back.

drat, it’s like I’m watching a completely different show.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lol woops

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

FYI Macaluso was presumably talking about MultiVersus which Rick got released in this week and Morty apparently had some balance adjustments, so easy mistake to make (you have R&M on the brain and click the link that says their name)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

Although the union thing seemed a lot more like he was more angry that he was blindsided by it and less about the union itself. That's not like a ton better though.

Yeah being "blindsided" just means the organizers did a good job (at least in that stage of it). If the bosses find out you're having a union drive, you hosed up!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Guy A. Person posted:

FYI Macaluso was presumably talking about MultiVersus which Rick got released in this week and Morty apparently had some balance adjustments, so easy mistake to make (you have R&M on the brain and click the link that says their name)

Ty, I was genuinely curious what was going on there because it sounded cool and likely was not a psychotic break. is that game any good?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Last Chance posted:

Ty, I was genuinely curious what was going on there because it sounded cool and likely was not a psychotic break. is that game any good?

I think so! It takes some getting used to because it's not the exact same as Smash and doesn't have shielding or grabs. But it feels good to play (which the Nickelodeon game didn't) and its pretty polished. And has voice acting (although R&M use recycled voice lines from the show).

edit: Rick just said "And that's the wayyyyy the news goes" during the victory screen so A+

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 30, 2022

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

It's a more aggressive game and it's designed for 2v2s, so 1v1 is a crapshoot, but it's pretty drat charming for an f2p game. I did have low expectations after NASB but I'm glad I was wrong.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sounds good and free to play? May check it out this weekend

Also..

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1575858041701879810

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Can they afford to get Donald Glover back?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I just want to chime in that as someone that has almost no experience with platform fighters Multiversus is a great game that obviously has a lot of care put into it. Batman says to Shaggy, "Eat this hippy"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lammasu posted:

I just want to chime in that as someone that has almost no experience with platform fighters Multiversus is a great game that obviously has a lot of care put into it. Batman says to Shaggy, "Eat this hippy"

Bugs will go "Westeros? More like WORSTeros" to Arya

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

One of Shaggy's intro lines against Rick is "Man, you're freaking crazy for dipping sauce" (paraphrased)

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

hatty posted:

Can they afford to get Donald Glover back?

I watched part of the charity table read they did during covid and the overwhelming impression I got was the Donald had major fomo/nostalgia from drifting away from the rest of the cast, who were all talking about text chains they were a part of and stuff they still did together. Honestly seeing them interacting is what gave me hope for them ever doing a movie because it just seemed like they were all so psyched to be together and willing to do what it took to be able to do it again. Not that Donald will necessarily work for peanuts but it outside of scheduling I got the impression he wouldn't be the single hold out who was just completely past the show and demanding a massive payout to even consider it.

Of course the real question is will they have anything involving Chevy, even as a cameo flashback or whatever. The table read specifically chose an episode that didn't include him so it seems he and they were all done with each other entirely.

(the more fun question is do they get Paget Brewster, Jonathan Banks and Keith David -- David would almost definitely be a "yes" because he seems to love working with Harmon at this point, it would be interesting to see how much any of them would have to do)

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I really wonder what the script is. Presumably some crisis that causes the gang to return to Greendale.

The only thing that bugged me about the end of the show is that Jeff gets a pretty sad ending in terms of having resigned himself to being a teacher but not actually liking it at all.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Alchenar posted:

I really wonder what the script is. Presumably some crisis that causes the gang to return to Greendale.

The only thing that bugged me about the end of the show is that Jeff gets a pretty sad ending in terms of having resigned himself to being a teacher but not actually liking it at all.

Saving Troy and LeVar Burton from pirates with Annie's access to FBI resources

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I'm presuming that they'll acknowledge it's been like 8 years.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Does Joel even still have his cum gutters?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I hope we explore what happened in the other timelines (not really, but also, kinda).

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I honestly thought chevy chase died last year, he's still kicking huh. Hopefully he doesn't show up

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

hatty posted:

I honestly thought chevy chase died last year, he's still kicking huh. Hopefully he doesn't show up

He was killed off in the show, so he shouldn't be back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Cloks posted:

They posted to say they had moved on to other projects iirc.

Oh I missed that post, thanks.