Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

jon stewart

Gah!

It will probably be Zelensky though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I've heard that from other people as well, that it's a legitimately good show, and it is very very very standalone

It's spared from Dave's attempt of making a Marvel Defenders crossover wank because the main character dies in a movie later.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

they called the Star Wars with good writing and/or good acting Andor

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I think SW is played the gently caress out, but Mandolorian was alright. I guess I’ll give Andor a fair shot.

Is this set before the Andorians join the Federation?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Craig Kilborn

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Tankbuster posted:

Was The Last Samurai also a white savior movie?

it's a dude movie about bros bein bros

i saw it with a bunch of guys in college and there were tears lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

skooma512 posted:

I think SW is played the gently caress out, but Mandolorian was alright. I guess I’ll give Andor a fair shot.

Is this set before the Andorians join the Federation?

lmao

watch the first ep tho. i was impressed by the acting but enthralled by the acting in ep 4

in hot d i'm looking at my phone half the time but not andor. i'm shocked because i generally hate the buddhists in space show

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

I really don't get how they were making andor at the same time as the Obi-Wan and Boba shows. It feels like it's from a parallel universe

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Good. They should just kill the show at this point. Otherwise, god knows what horror will take over the show after him.

idk but I bet she’s gutsy

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Throwing A basketball straight at the rim and "screaming sign him up for the Knicks" until they haul me away

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Durf posted:

it's a dude movie about bros bein bros

i saw it with a bunch of guys in college and there were tears lol

fellas should cry and show emotions.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

a new study bible! posted:

idk but I bet she’s gutsy

Lol Samantha Bee would be the funniest outcome

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm really excited to learn the backstory of my favorite Star Wars character who dies in the only other media he's in, Cassian... Andor?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
More and More people are saying. Andor is the Joker(2019) of the Star Wars universe.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AtsukoComedy/status/1575594882525036544

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Andor is good. It almost feels like something that wouldn't have otherwise been made without being attached to Star Wars IP.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

is he nearing his first

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
If star wars wants to make a prestige show, they gotta show some boobs

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Filthy Hans posted:

they called the Star Wars with good writing and/or good acting Andor

lol

also I have zero interest in watching a Disney wokelib show about revolutionaries

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Can they break new ground by having four-breasted mutants/aliens??

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
a Star Wars X R34 joint production

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

indigi posted:

lol

also I have zero interest in watching a Disney wokelib show about revolutionaries

But Star Wars is about revolutions, and revolutions are about hope.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Why couldn't they let Cronenberg make a star war

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

even prestige TV doesn't show booba anymore. I've only seen three episodes of hot d but even it keeps boobs to a minimum (I think a couple brothel scenes in e1???)

The days of sexuality of any kind in media for a reason other than "as a bad thing to make you hate someone" are over, I've talked about this at length. MCU people are all like "it doesn't move the narrative" and zoomers are all "looking at booba is a form of grooming" so there's no demand for it. It's not a safe investment even when you don't have to worry about movie ratings.

I guess there's loving in Euphoria but I haven't seen it, maybe that disproves my entire argument

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Why couldn't they let Cronenberg make a star war

I think they literally asked him to make ROTJ

e: eh not quite

Wikipedia posted:

At one stage he was considered by George Lucas as a possible director for Return of the Jedi (1983) but was passed over.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tripleposting for some #facts

https://twitter.com/polishXcellence/status/1575582559391477760

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

loquacius posted:

I guess there's loving in Euphoria but I haven't seen it, maybe that disproves my entire argument

clearly this indicates that loving is only acceptable if it's highschoolers

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

loquacius posted:

even prestige TV doesn't show booba anymore. I've only seen three episodes of hot d but even it keeps boobs to a minimum (I think a couple brothel scenes in e1???)

The days of sexuality of any kind in media for a reason other than "as a bad thing to make you hate someone" are over, I've talked about this at length. MCU people are all like "it doesn't move the narrative" and zoomers are all "looking at booba is a form of grooming" so there's no demand for it. It's not a safe investment even when you don't have to worry about movie ratings.

check out INDUSTRY on hbo, good show

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1575858041701879810

nothing can remain dead.

I mean yeah yeah, "six seasons and a movie" but I don't see how they top their S6 finale as a send off

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't know how they make a coherent Community movie at a point where, eg, Annie is 39 years old

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

loquacius posted:

I don't know how they make a coherent Community movie at a point where, eg, Annie is 39 years old

just keep sending characters off screen until it's just jeff and abed voicing the two sides of dan harmon's brain

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Jessica Williams for Daily Show host

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I was about to say "making jokes about how Pierce is old instead of merely middle-aged like everyone else" but Pierce is actually dead in canon so

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

wait, they couldn't get Donald Glover to come back

that's a yikes

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

only abed in the moooornin

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Daily Adam Friedland Show

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Apparently only the following 6 are confirmed to return:
Joel McHale
Danny Pudi
Allison Brie
Gillian Jacobs
Ken Jeong
Jim Rash

Bummer they couldn't get Donald Glover, but absolutely not surprising. I thought Paget Brewster and Keith David were good additions to S6, but at least they have the same opportunity to bring in new people now.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Getting Brie and Pudi to come back even if they couldn't also get Glover isn't that bad, I guess. McHale, Jacobs, Jeong, and Rash don't really have much else going on.

also lol that YNB isn't coming back. I wonder why not :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

Getting Brie and Pudi to come back even if they couldn't also get Glover isn't that bad, I guess. McHale, Jacobs, Jeong, and Rash don't really have much else going on.

also lol that YNB isn't coming back. I wonder why not :thunk:

I think this is maybe one of three projects McHale has done in the last decade that he's doing because he wants to and not just for the payday lol