Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

My family never went to church but if I ever stayed at my buddys place on Saturday I'd have to go with them to service on Sunday. The Protestant church they usually went to was fine, just super lame. But sometimes we'd go the Filipino Catholic church their mum belonged too and while I had no idea what was going on, there'd be these huge kickass potlucks afterwards and it totally owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leal posted:

Cards rejected from Card Captors

https://i.imgur.com/uJJ2zMU.mp4

lmao

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Famethrowa posted:

I want this. In exchange I offer my previous favorite

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3990520

To be fair the recipients all seem to be having a grand time with the book, I assume it is a very entertaining tome although not exactly my kind of thing

mdemone posted:

LMAOOO my book looks amazing except the box was full of ants, alive and dead

BOOK didn't feel good, changes....ANTICIDE! many such corpses!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Leal posted:

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

hey who's the guy in your av? i've idly wondered for a while

It’s Pablo

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

DaysBefore posted:

My family never went to church but if I ever stayed at my buddys place on Saturday I'd have to go with them to service on Sunday. The Protestant church they usually went to was fine, just super lame. But sometimes we'd go the Filipino Catholic church their mum belonged too and while I had no idea what was going on, there'd be these huge kickass potlucks afterwards and it totally owned.

man i went to a filipino catholic wedding once and it was easily 3 hours long, but then the food was just normal banquet hall poo poo

i now feel robbbed

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

At my high school in the early 90's, right when Super Mario was getting into the popular consciousness, they banned all Super Mario apparel because of some rumor that was spread via mass fax (this is a very old fashioned sentence) that Super Mario was a tool to get kids to try psilocybin.

They also banned all Simpson's clothing because it was considered a really offensive show and one of the more popular shirts at the time said, "I'm Bart Simpson. Who the hell are you, man?"

Budweiser and Joe Camel T-shirts were cool, though.

I had the exact same experience, but it was elementary school.

Specifically that "super Mario is the devil" line of thought. That fax must've gotten some distance.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I’m normal, about religion, and most other things as well.

Leal posted:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leal posted:

lol

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Boba Pearl posted:

do all goons have religious trauma wtf lmao.

My family was not religious at all so I was able to avoid most of the craziness from the school administration having a direct impact on me since my parents telling me it was stupid made it pretty easy to shrug off and it didn't impact my actual education at first. They started looking for a different school once the eighth grade science teacher sent out a letter saying that they were only going to teach science developed by known Christians.

This meant that we wouldn't be taught evolution but instead that the earth was 10,000 years old and that prehistoric Earth was surrounded by a sphere of water that hyper-oxygenated the air allowing for mankind to grow be a race of giants who strode side by side with dinosaurs until God used up all of the space water for Noah's flood, killing the dinosaurs and shrinking humanity to it's current size.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I went to church state schools, which are pretty common in my county and they were generally a pretty positive experience. The religion didn't stick but alot of teachers were good christian-left types, had a homeroom teacher who broke Section 28 to teach us about the existence of LGBT people when it was still illegal to mention in schools and had alot of assemblies about world peace, debt forgiveness and stuff like that.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

At my high school in the early 90's, right when Super Mario was getting into the popular consciousness, they banned all Super Mario apparel because of some rumor that was spread via mass fax (this is a very old fashioned sentence) that Super Mario was a tool to get kids to try psilocybin.

Rad-daddio posted:

I had the exact same experience, but it was elementary school.

Specifically that "super Mario is the devil" line of thought. That fax must've gotten some distance.
I think the first Mario game called the mushroom powerup a Magic Mushroom. They changed it to Super Mushroom in later games, so that fax must've reached Kyoto.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I will have sex with God

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Same, but they still took us to church every sunday for a while, I think to see if any of us were into it? lol weird thing to say but that stopped by the time I was 10, probably even before then

Basically the same for me, though until I was like 12-13

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Leal posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Leal posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Same, but they still took us to church every sunday for a while, I think to see if any of us were into it? lol weird thing to say but that stopped by the time I was 10, probably even before then

Yeah my mom took us to Presbyterian church for some reason for a couple years and then gave up. I honestly don’t know why

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

hey who's the guy in your av? i've idly wondered for a while

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The real answer is that it’s a representation of my former avatar which was a gif of Giant Bowser from the end of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island but specifically a prototype version from the giant Nintendo leak from a few years ago that I still don’t know who bought for me, made by That Little Demon in the Sims 4 for the Imp Zone Sims 4 thread, done in the style of a Disco Elysium character portrait

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Leal posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The real answer is that it’s a representation of my former avatar which was a gif of Giant Bowser from the end of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island but specifically a prototype version from the giant Nintendo leak from a few years ago that I still don’t know who bought for me, made by That Little Demon in the Sims 4 for the Imp Zone Sims 4 thread, done in the style of a Disco Elysium character portrait

technically its the second av in the series because i also bought you a non-animted version that some other dude overwrote with th much better animated one

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Leal posted:

lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Leal posted:

Incredible.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

didn't grow up religious but u can't really escape the sectarian poo poo here in scotland cause its so intertwined with football/youth culture. my dad and brothers were rangers FC supporters so i suppose i was raised protestant. if anyone wants slurs for catholics then here u go lol

taig (pronounced tim)
bead rattler
bog trotter
fenian

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 30, 2022

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

technically its the second av in the series because i also bought you a non-animted version that some other dude overwrote with th much better animated one

True

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dongicus posted:

didn't grow up religious but u can't really escape the sectarian poo poo here in scotland cause its so intertwined with football/youth culture. if anyone wants slurs for catholics then here u go lol

taig (pronounced tim)
bead rattler
bog trotter
fenian

love it. i also love using every swear word in the book when i go to quebec which are also all catholic words:

tabarnak
calice
criss
ciboire
osti/esti
sacrament
ciboire
torreau (sp? i actually don't know what this one means but it's definitely catholic)

combine some or many to make them even more powerful

the only non-catholic swear i can think of in french is merde lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Dongicus posted:

didn't grow up religious but u can't really escape the sectarian poo poo here in scotland cause its so intertwined with football/youth culture. my dad and brothers were rangers FC supporters so i suppose i was raised protestant. if anyone wants slurs for catholics then here u go lol

taig (pronounced tim)
bead rattler
bog trotter
fenian

the only slur i can think of for protestants is just prod/proddy

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

love it. i also love using every swear word in the book when i go to quebec which are also all catholic words:

tabarnak
calice
criss
ciboire
osti/esti
sacrament
ciboire
torreau (sp? i actually don't know what this one means but it's definitely catholic)

combine some or many to make them even more powerful

the only non-catholic swear i can think of in french is merde lol

lol tabarnak is some lord of the rings poo poo

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

ooo madonn!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dongicus posted:

the only slur i can think of for protestants is just prod/proddy

english

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lmfao true. probably the most devastating one, really.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bingo

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ablative posted:

One of my elementary schools banned Pokemon cards because a kid got his arm broken in a fight over them. Which, y'know, fair.

Pokemon was banned at my school due to a gang related stabbing

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

What are French Canadians like actually

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Also one time while drunk I sped up your old avatar slightly and nobody noticed.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

rodbeard posted:

Also one time while drunk I sped up your old avatar slightly and nobody noticed.

That's loving brilliant.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rodbeard posted:

Lmao wtf

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

rodbeard posted:

lol amazing

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

rodbeard posted:

lol. epic

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

whew finished the ppj recap so did we ever get the epic list of outed and executed nazis that he and KM and Jeffrey insisted had happened at the time or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

whew finished the ppj recap so did we ever get the epic list of outed and executed nazis that he and KM and Jeffrey insisted had happened at the time or what

Coincidentally it is everyone that Dumb Lowtax listed as being an FYAD sleeper agent