Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

it's anime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Following the linked tweet, it seems like there are several accounts posting this kind of stuff. They all appear to be NSFW artists using the AI to drive engagement. Like, posting sets of images and then refusing the many, many requests from their comment section asking which program and search terms they used.

Respect the hustle.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Platystemon posted:

VICTORIAN BRITAIN DID NOT HAVE BIKINIS, FUCKWIT
maybe not yet, but before long the overwhelming preponderance of evidence will suggest otherwise

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

"victorian britons didn't have anime eyes and big tiddies" then explain my extensive media archive. seems to me the burden is on you to prove the negative

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Eventually AI will get around to procedurally generating the rest of evony, not just the ads.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Dall-e is going to make anime real.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

someone pm me as soon as theres an AI that can make fanmade scripts into full stargate episodes

even if its anime ill take it, anime teal'c is better than no teal'c

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

blatman posted:

someone pm me as soon as theres an AI that can make fanmade scripts into full stargate episodes

even if its anime ill take it, anime teal'c is better than no teal'c

"I trained an AI by feeding it thousands of pictures of quarries and temperate pine forests, and you'll never believe the Stargate scripts it's been churning out!"

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Pm me when we invent bots to emptyquote me

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
feed it the mahabharata as well so we can get some more interesting gods in there too

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
We are *this* close to actually generating a nude tayne

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Renaissance Robot posted:

feed it the mahabharata as well so we can get some more interesting gods in there too

thats just the plot of Lord of Light

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Buck Turgidson posted:

We are *this* close to actually generating a nude tayne

Someone gets it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ativhanna/status/1575622051632594944?s=20&t=SaL1uUdJXnMHsuJCUr2QEQ

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Lazy eye fetish art

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Computer generate a droopy Tayne with disproportionately large feet.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kitfox88 posted:

Computer generate a droopy Tayne with disproportionately large feet.

My laptop is overheating and I don't know why.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1574810116603498502?s=20&t=VJQ_tKgcRB56p4zd8Rkl7Q

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
https://twitter.com/kibblesmith/status/1575898595244445696

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Remember that super brief time period when corps started to listen to people saying the way to beat piracy was to make paying for access the easier option?

guess they forgot again lol

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

It's cool that for all its history, film looked pretty good. You could dig up a negative from 1910 and if it didn't degrade (kept from oxygen, water, heat etc) it would scan to a 4k digital master pretty well. And until ~2000, if a film was exhibited it had to be on film, so even if you can't get the negatives, a print was out there, somewhere, which just has the image physically saved. Preservation and future exhibition will always be possible.

There's going to be a period where from ~2004 to ~2010 the early digital films will not hold up great. Kinda like how bad CGI only looks worse with time. But their quality will be much much lower than a film negative.

And now movies are stored as a really long number that's copywritten and streamed encrypted. In 50 years many many movies will no longer be extant.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Antonymous posted:

In 50 years many many movies will no longer be extant.

inshallah

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
it's the digital dark ages babey

save your docs in the weirdest formats on lovely drives

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
people recording broadcast tv to their home vcr were the modern rebirth of monks copying manuscripts

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

pop culture is mind control and brain poison so tbqh the death and balkanization of mass media is probably good

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
we could probably stand to lose a few movies and TV shows, but I don't think they should be lost to time due to neglect OR corporate greed. We should vote on 5 movies and 5 shows every year which get destroyed forever.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Piracy is by far the most ethical way to preserve media

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

Piracy is by far the most ethical way to preserve media

but what is the most ethical way to destroy media

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Forming it into butt plugs

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
thermite

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

Forming it into butt plugs

emailing this to red letter media for their next best of the worst

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

In 1982 the CD was first released on the market. A CD is, in my understanding, a perfect delivery medium. It near-perfectly reproduces 74 minutes of stereo sound. There simply will not be a human-noticeably better way to reproduce sound. So where does the industry go from there?

For a live action movie we're probably mostly there with 4k bluray. They are 4k 10bit HDR Rec2020 color gamut... That's pretty future proof. You're never going to have a display capable of more than rec 2020.

Right now theatrical releases are on encrypted thumb drives called DCPs - Digital Cinema Package. These are better in every aspect (except resolution height, where they tie) than 4k bluray but the returns are extremely diminished. Idk if you could tell a difference.

edit: compression is the biggest limiter to quality I guess. bandwidth to the screen is limited by how much data can fit on a disk/stream off a thumb drive. CDs are uncompressed

Antonymous has issued a correction as of 20:11 on Sep 30, 2022

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

bringing nuclear annihilation to the entire earth

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tangy yet delightful posted:

bringing nuclear annihilation to the entire earth

I think this one will be harder for them to pull off, but I'll email it to RLM anyway

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Antonymous posted:

In 1982 the CD was first released on the market. A CD is, in my understanding, a perfect delivery medium. It near-perfectly reproduces 74 minutes of stereo sound. There simply will not be a human-noticeably better way to reproduce sound. So where does the industry go from there?

For a live action movie we're probably mostly there with 4k bluray. They are 4k 10bit HDR Rec2020 color gamut... That's pretty future proof. You're never going to have a display capable of more than rec 2020.

Right now theatrical releases are on encrypted thumb drives called DCPs - Digital Cinema Package. These are better in every aspect (except resolution height, where they tie) than 4k bluray but the returns are extremely diminished. Idk if you could tell a difference.

edit: compression is the biggest limiter to quality I guess. bandwidth to the screen is limited by how much data can fit on a disk/stream off a thumb drive. CDs are uncompressed

Bit rot is a thing. Some early DVDs are already unplayable due to material failure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie9qomn3_3U

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
all the music cds i still have from when i was a teen, at least the ones i have tried playing, have worked perfectly. not the cdrs though, they're dead.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

wasnt there a kind of cd that would fail in like 2 days when exposed to air and that was how they were going to make rentals remain relevant

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Shear Modulus posted:

wasnt there a kind of cd that would fail in like 2 days when exposed to air and that was how they were going to make rentals remain relevant

yeah, there were a few attempts at that, failures all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-D

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Yeah they didn't work very well on a bunch of different levels. One of the tech youtubes did a deep dive and found an unopened one somewhat recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Yeah they didn't work very well on a bunch of different levels. One of the tech youtubes did a deep dive and found an unopened one somewhat recently.

Imagining the gamersnexus guy putting a self-destructing dvd through a rigorous testing suite to measure the bitrate at which it breaks itself