Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
"Deaths are lower in this fully vaccinated European country than in sub-Saharan Africa which got leftover vaccines only after we took care of our own, or nothing at all- this virus is targeting minorities!!"

(If the virus is white people, then yeah, but covid is an equal opportunity offender and we don't actually know which genetic markers it's responding to for whether an infection is more or less severe)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
You may want to check what African COVID case rates and CFRs have been over the last two and a half years there bud.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Futanari Damacy posted:

"Deaths are lower in this fully vaccinated European country than in sub-Saharan Africa which got leftover vaccines only after we took care of our own, or nothing at all- this virus is targeting minorities!!"

(If the virus is white people, then yeah, but covid is an equal opportunity offender and we don't actually know which genetic markers it's responding to for whether an infection is more or less severe)

Also apparently American health-care providers give supplemental oxygen to fewer PoC in the ICU because pulse-oximetry is substantially less accurate for them, there's a new paper making the rounds today about it.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

mdemone posted:

Also apparently American health-care providers give supplemental oxygen to fewer PoC in the ICU because pulse-oximetry is substantially less accurate for them, there's a new paper making the rounds today about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu0dshggRGg

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

mdemone posted:

Many such accidents

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Holy gently caress lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

multistability posted:

https://www.darpa.mil/attachments/ADEPTVignetteFINAL.pdf

"DARPA pioneered the use of the body as a bioreactor" is a phrase which sends shivers down my spine considering, well, everything lol

axlotl tanks

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Toupee Groupie posted:

Nuclear Weapons are so 20th century. The 21st century will see the first ethnographic/genetic group targeted bioweapon attack by 2040. The ultimate capitalist weapon, destroy the people, save the infrastructure.

The writer of Utopia agrees

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

exactly what i was thinking of. if covid was some sort of furin cleavage test run that got loose it would be 100% on brand for the American government to say “well gently caress it it’s gonna kill way more Chinese people than white people”

psych bitch the ccp did something the cia never expected: actually try to protect the health of their citizens

Futanari Damacy posted:

(If the virus is white people, then yeah

that’s right ;)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

huh, so it did come from Ft. Detrick

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nothus posted:

huh, so it did come from Ft. Detrick

the funniest possible answer is that america crippled itself using a bioweapon it developed to kill millions of chinese people

it’s just :discourse:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Fly Molo posted:

the funniest possible answer is that america crippled itself using a bioweapon it developed to kill millions of chinese people

it’s just :discourse:

and because it is the funniest possible answer, reality warps itself and must therefore be true

also my wife just noticed Aberration in the Heartland of the Real in our shared Kindle library, so I had a fun conversation explaining that one. funny that she just rolled with all the UFO stuff but that one was somehow the thing that made her raise an eyebrow

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
my wife

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azathoth posted:

and because it is the funniest possible answer, reality warps itself and must therefore be true

also my wife just noticed Aberration in the Heartland of the Real in our shared Kindle library, so I had a fun conversation explaining that one. funny that she just rolled with all the UFO stuff but that one was somehow the thing that made her raise an eyebrow

everyone crack pings at different rates on different topics. it’s like one of these charts

but with a UFO axis, MKULTRA axis, epstein axis, etc. etc.

in other words link her to this thread. she’s gotta pump those numbers up those ar erookie numbers

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ram dass in hell posted:

borat voice: my wife

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Toupee Groupie posted:

Nuclear Weapons are so 20th century. The 21st century will see the first ethnographic/genetic group targeted bioweapon attack by 2040. The ultimate capitalist weapon, destroy the people, save the infrastructure.

Sounds like efficiency and progress is ours once more.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

This.

Also, was gonna try to introduce her to poo poo with Chaos but eh, she's known I'm an aspiring wackadoo for a long time so eh

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

There are a lot more old white people than old black people because of the many factors that lower the life expectancy of black people. So the covid death rate among black people in the US is only slightly higher than the death rate among white people, but if you look specifically at seniors, black and Hispanic people are dying of covid twice as often. It was even worse before the vaccines were available. We don't have accurate death data from many countries in sub-Saharan Africa, but it seems that the lower life expectancy and smaller number of seniors has contributed to a lower death rate than the US.

The breakdown of covid deaths by age in the US is roughly 25% under 65, 25% from age 65-74, 25% from 75-84, and 25% at age 85+.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azathoth posted:

This.

Also, was gonna try to introduce her to poo poo with Chaos but eh, she's known I'm an aspiring wackadoo for a long time so eh

lmao bless her heart, she sounds like a keeper. have u told her you’ve been promoted to admin?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
everything sounds better when it comes from a :grin: respectable administrator :grin:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Fly Molo posted:

lmao bless her heart, she sounds like a keeper. have u told her you’ve been promoted to admin?

I felt it necessary to disclose that, yes.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
okay yeah she’s a keeper

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

why would you tell your significant other about something awful at all

nut
Jul 30, 2019

ya i'd believe that an approach to bioweapons that relies on reductive genetic determinism is just about as american as u can get

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nut posted:

ya i'd believe that an approach to bioweapons that relies on reductive genetic determinism is just about as american as u can get

cyborg jolly west clone in his underground bunker, pulling out his calipers

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Fly Molo posted:

everyone crack pings at different rates on different topics. it’s like one of these charts

but with a UFO axis, MKULTRA axis, epstein axis, etc. etc.

in other words link her to this thread. she’s gotta pump those numbers up those ar erookie numbers

My two favorite heroes to play were (are? in my head I guess I don't play anymore but my choices haven't changed) Zarya and Zenyatta. What does that make me?

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
Mecha Jolly West astride his steed Trippin' Tusko stomping through Ft Detrick knocking all the test tubes over

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tangy yet delightful posted:

My two favorite heroes to play were (are? in my head I guess I don't play anymore but my choices haven't changed) Zarya and Zenyatta. What does that make me?

a conspiracy theorist :tinfoil:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

well this is a weird way to find out I might have south Asian ancestors

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

it’s the final test of a relationship

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

toggle posted:

it’s the final test of a relationship

wrong you don’t save the hardest test for last. you speed date and tell everyone you’re a prestigious poster on something awful then schedule a second date with whoever doesn’t run away screaming or call the police

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

tangy yet delightful posted:

They are the best characters, it makes you correct.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Fly Molo posted:

wrong you don’t save the hardest test for last. you speed date and tell everyone you’re a prestigious poster on something awful then schedule a second date with whoever doesn’t run away screaming or call the police

the second date is a Chris Hansen style sting op because the only people who would attend must be pedophiles

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Shear Modulus posted:

this website saved me and my significant other a lot of hassle during the great toilet paper shortage

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Azathoth posted:

Take my wife... please!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Print out the OP of this thread and show it to any potential partners

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

blatman posted:

this website saved me and my significant other a lot of hassle during the great toilet paper shortage

i too have discussed the COVID thread. could have just called it a private WhatsApp group instead though.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
skip the bioweapon and simply program the nanobots to be racist

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Futanari Damacy posted:

This has literally always been the dream but it's impossible because all the "races" are genetically too similar, being the same species, for it to kill one race but not another

This is pretty much due to how society is striated in the US where the M.O. is that non-white people should eat poo poo and die. The society is the genocide machine, not the virus. And even concerned white people are so disconnected from the reality in the country that it's more believable that the virus is super-targeting ethnic minorities than the fact they themselves are just enjoying the unique level of privilege of not being marked for death.

Sickle Cell anemia is an example of something that could be targeted easily nowadays. Same thing goes with modifying a disease to work synergistically with those who are HIV positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
But that doesn’t mean “therefore, they did it with this”