Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I rage quit the puzzle after accidentally making an accusation on one of the locations but it seems super fun and I'm going to do it eventually, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Been playing Prestor Druid with the new miniset cards (Dew Process, Attorney-at-Maw). Not sure what the most optimal list is but honestly most of the cards in this deck don't matter anyway.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Dew process makes me want to make a mill druid so badly but I'm not good enough at deck building to figure it out

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

peer posted:

TIL the "end-of-turn effects trigger twice" quest reward works with C'thun's hero power

Yep, works with hero powers(Rag, C’thun), Tickatus treasures, and even other quests(if you’re Denathrius)

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Dew process makes me want to make a mill druid so badly but I'm not good enough at deck building to figure it out
Just google it then? Personally I think there aren't enough mill effects in standard (dew, shellfish, ???) to make it worth your time but you sure can meme it up in wild.

Fun fact: the effect of dew process stacks so if you can copy the spell or double the cast....

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I did google it but theres not really any deck lists i can find

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Here's RegisKillbin playing a draw-kill with Ashen Elemental + Brann deck that makes good use of Dew Process affecting your enemy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-DJcxv6jMc

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
And Mark McZ's go at a (Wild) version: https://youtu.be/ykEhmvv59Yg

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Not trying to dunk on you but maybe you need to use better search terms. When I type in "mill druid maw disorder" I immediately get four different videos (wild and standard) and that's before I get to any of the hits for websites with decklists. Like there's not much and the decks are probably not actually good but it's out there :v:

e: On top of what was already posted here is a standard list by Ecore

https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1417353-mill-druid

Highly doubt that it's worth any crafts but if you got the cards then go nuts

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 29, 2022

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Wild maw druid is a very bad deck but once every ten games it works out and it's hilarious.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
I’ve been screwing around trying to make secret mage work. So far it’s doing ok, but I keep trying to refine the deck.

### Secret
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (2) Amplified Snowflurry
# 2x (2) Anonymous Informant
# 2x (2) Arcanologist
# 2x (2) Runed Orb
# 2x (2) Sketchy Stranger
# 2x (2) Spellcoiler
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Counterspell
# 2x (3) Explosive Runes
# 2x (3) Ice Barrier
# 1x (3) Oasis Ally
# 2x (3) Objection!
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (4) Chatty Bartender
# 1x (4) Commander Sivara
# 2x (4) Life Sentence
# 1x (4) Orion, Mansion Manager
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (4) Scuttlebutt Ghoul
# 2x (5) Refreshing Spring Water
# 2x (6) Contract Conjurer
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (7) Magister Dawngrasp
#
AAECAZjeBQbB8AOgigSp3gS95ASX7wSk7wQR0OwD0ewDoZIE/J4E558E6J8ExqAElrcE3LkE3NAEkt8Eo+QE/uwEvO0E7O0E/5IF26EFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I’m bouncing around D4 with it, but I think it could be better. Maybe trimming down to 30? Dunno.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

mcbexx posted:

After finishing the puzzle, I can not help but wonder if one of the next expansions will add an Renathal-like card that expands your board space to 10.

more like with bgs, it'll likely cost us instead of being a card. only $19.99 per season for three extra spaces - what a steal, think of the value (and def. not pay to win, no no, they would never do that)!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mcbexx posted:

After finishing the puzzle, I can not help but wonder if one of the next expansions will add an Renathal-like card that expands your board space to 10.

I could see a board space expansion card, that's interesting. My bet is currently on DKs being a "if this is in your deck..." thing as opposed to an actual new permanent class, but having it allows you to add special death knight cards during deckbuilding. So basically any of the existing classes can be "corrupted" into a DK

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

goferchan posted:

I could see a board space expansion card, that's interesting. My bet is currently on DKs being a "if this is in your deck..." thing as opposed to an actual new permanent class, but having it allows you to add special death knight cards during deckbuilding. So basically any of the existing classes can be "corrupted" into a DK

"Runeforge" or ziggurat location card, maybe?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Does anything actually just crush Wildseed Hunter? Like, mercilessly, miserably crush it? Happy to lose every other matchup now (because I’d still be winning 80% of my games.)

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Shockeh posted:

Does anything actually just crush Wildseed Hunter? Like, mercilessly, miserably crush it? Happy to lose every other matchup now (because I’d still be winning 80% of my games.)

According to hsreplay bless priest is the only archetype that its unfavoured against, with a 44% winrate.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

McSharpie posted:

First game against a Jailer opponent they played a minion with taunt and even though there was no indicator that my minions or hero had any valid targets I could still attack face. Well done Blizzard.

I imagine with the release of Jailer a lot of people are discovering that Immune makes Taunt not work. I just had an opponent open up lethal by dropping jailer while he had that one Colossal turtle shell that gives armor on death on the field. Taunt? Armor? No thanks I'll just kill you now

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Game has become a joust of who can gently caress over the other's gameplan better by playing Theotar at this point. It's not even good Trolden poo poo.

A completely joyless experience.
Decisions don't matter anymore, it's a plinko machine.

Nerfing Theotar to give two choices instead of three would be a good start to rein that poo poo in. Or just send it to Wild.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
It's the only silver bullet against the flood of "I win" cards they have been printing.

(Not the only one, there's also Mutanus. But the number of silver bullets is less than the number of single-card finishers, is my point)

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

mcbexx posted:

Game has become a joust of who can gently caress over the other's gameplan better by playing Theotar at this point. It's not even good Trolden poo poo.

A completely joyless experience.
Decisions don't matter anymore, it's a plinko machine.

Nerfing Theotar to give two choices instead of three would be a good start to rein that poo poo in. Or just send it to Wild.

Yeah, he slots in so easy, and he's almost always better than whatever other drop you have on 4, it's always a race to jack up their plan before they jack up yours. When he first came out I'd try to hold him for a specific combo piece or quest reward but quickly learned that's just a great way to lose to him their Theotar. He doesn't even need a body to be good, could just be a spell.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Sloppy posted:

Yeah, he slots in so easy, and he's almost always better than whatever other drop you have on 4, it's always a race to jack up their plan before they jack up yours. When he first came out I'd try to hold him for a specific combo piece or quest reward but quickly learned that's just a great way to lose to him their Theotar. He doesn't even need a body to be good, could just be a spell.

I had Theotar in my deck for a while, but as a Big Spell Mage it was difficult (unless I had the coin) to make an actual trade. I got rid of him.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Druid should not be allowed to have Insatiable Devourer

edit: oh my goddddddd another one. i was having so much today running through silver and gold with my new Silver Hand Paladin but here comes the Druid Bullshit Brigade to make sure I don't have any fun

edit 2: i am now keeping class action lawyer in my mulligan every time i face druid. not falling for that again!!!

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 1, 2022

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

This might be the funniest team I've had in Battlegrounds

(I lost to this team, though :( )

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Trump made a secret quest rogue deck and it’s been on an absolute tear for me

### SI:7 Secret Operative
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 1x (1) Find the Imposter
# 2x (1) SI:7 Extortion
# 2x (2) Double Cross
# 1x (2) Kidnap
# 2x (2) Perjury
# 2x (2) SI:7 Skulker
# 2x (2) Sketchy Stranger
# 1x (2) Sticky Situation
# 2x (2) Tooth of Nefarian
# 2x (3) Ghastly Gravedigger
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (3) SI:7 Operative
# 2x (3) SI:7 Smuggler
# 1x (4) Edwin, Defias Kingpin
# 1x (4) Halkias
# 2x (4) Private Eye
# 2x (4) Scuttlebutt Ghoul
# 2x (4) SI:7 Informant
# 1x (6) Crabatoa
# 2x (7) SI:7 Assassin
# 1x (8) Shadowcrafter Scabbs
#
AAECAdW+BQim+QPtgAT7igTYtgTe2gTf2gTg2gSX7wQQn/QDofQDovQDo/UDpvUDvYAE9Z8E9p8E+awE/qwE3NAE3NoE3doEkt8Ew+ME9+0EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I’m not sure yet if I prefer this or the 30 card version; either way the new rogue secret is super busted and gravedigger ruins more games than theotar.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

someone just used that minion that repeats the last battlecry you played to repeat theotar. They obviously didn't get to choose and my order in the court got swapped for their sire denathrius. they immediately conceded. weird, crazy, wonder why

I can't imagine running that minion alongside theotar. That just sounds like an accident waiting to happen

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I like Theotar even when I'm playing against one. Makes you have to play more aggressively and be less greedy. Enables different game states than just gently caress you I win now. Like poo poo I need to play this powerful card ASAP or else I'm get hosed.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Color Printer posted:

someone just used that minion that repeats the last battlecry you played to repeat theotar. They obviously didn't get to choose and my order in the court got swapped for their sire denathrius. they immediately conceded. weird, crazy, wonder why

I can't imagine running that minion alongside theotar. That just sounds like an accident waiting to happen

Another fun thing is when you have Theotar and have nothing you want to trade away. And then when someone plays him and you only have bullshit on your hand.

Good, fun card.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Theotar is overall good for the game - I think the bigger issue is that there still aren't enough similar effects to allow for disruption, so if you need that effect you don't have any other options.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
I like Theotar and similar cards but I think he could go to 5 mana, still serve his purpose, and silence some of the complaints

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

peer posted:

I like Theotar and similar cards but I think he could go to 5 mana, still serve his purpose, and silence some of the complaints
I think there's a clear and precedented solution.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

NorgLyle posted:

I think there's a clear and precedented solution.

NWS that vile poo poo

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Strawberry Panda posted:

I like Theotar even when I'm playing against one. Makes you have to play more aggressively and be less greedy. Enables different game states than just gently caress you I win now. Like poo poo I need to play this powerful card ASAP or else I'm get hosed.

I agree. While it's sometimes annoying that Theotar stalls my beloved Tome Mechathun Warlock deck in Wild, it's a needed counter and helps keep things honest instead of building up to an impossible-to-beat win condition relying on a single card. Big, powerful cards still have their place, they just can't be used as a solo win condition.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Literally a year ago the knock against the game was that it was pure solitaire; each player racing to do their own broken thing and ignoring the opponent because there was no viable axis of interaction. It got so bad that I ended up taking an eight-month break from the game, so from that angle, Theotar and its ilk is fine by me. Mana cheat and card draw/consistency are a far more frustrating aspect of this format to me.

I could see Theotar pushed to five to he isn’t quite as free to include and only goes into your deck if you’re specifically targeting something (a la Rustrot Viper, etc), but his overall effect is healthy, in my opinion.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Color Printer posted:

they probably thought it'd work like when you use theo + brann. good for you though!

while getting theo absolutely sucks, and him being neutral means you see him absolutely everywhere, the disruption that he brings is still a better thing for the game than some of the other cards / tech they have printed in these recent sets. things have gotten so bad, mage now has an official counter minion secret that they can run 2x of, and that's even after running the okani with brann package as well.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Played soul seeker against a pure paladin deck. Next turn the paladin plays The Countess and doesn't get invitations. Peak hearthstone achieved.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Played through the mystery game for the cardback - that was pretty fun! Took me all 10 turns and a custom spreadsheet. I like these sorts of puzzles where getting things wrong can tell you more than if you got them right.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

just found out there's like a billion things under solo adventures. is any of this stuff cool? the last one i played I think was maybe the DH intro stuff.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
anything with Dr boom is most likely broken for the single player content

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

kater posted:

just found out there's like a billion things under solo adventures. is any of this stuff cool? the last one i played I think was maybe the DH intro stuff.

The various Dungeon Run modes (which also includes Monster Hunt and Rumble Run for free and Dalaran Heist and Tombs of Terror for gold to unlock the full thing) are generally a fun time, even if the default card pools for them are getting older. Trial By Felfire and the Demon Hunter prologue are decent little adventures. Book of Heroes/Mercenaries have charming writing and would be good if Hearthstone wasn't allergic to giving out functional decks in these and keep forcing you into annoying fights with decks that don't do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

kater posted:

OMFG FURRY posted:

anything with Dr boom is most likely broken for the single player content

yep, can confirm first hand that trying the dr. boom lab experiment puzzles will likely brick your game and you'll then need to contact blizz support for them to manually unlock your account. i too was trying to catch up on old content and multiple time in previous patches tried to finish the ones i was missing only to have the game lock up in an endless loop.

fwiw, the rest of the solo content seems to be ok still and i didn't have any troubles with the other adventures (so far).