Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Honkin' on Bobo (Aerosmith, 2004) came with a free mini Hohner harmonica.

I keep it on my purse. Fun to pull out at karaoke, back in the Before Times

Postscript: I searched everywhere for the CD and could not find it, every shelf, both boxes, those odd stacks in the closet, i found every other Aerosmith CD i own but Honkin' has just hosed right off

Post-postscript: I must now obtain Get a Grip on vinyl to further project Become 12 Again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
This is the worst and it's not even a contest.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Probably wanna NWS that

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
at least that one is sort of amusing in a really stupid way

honkin on bobo is not

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

pwn posted:

Did you honk on it?

This is different because it's obviously some edgelord poo poo that's trying to be awful on purpose. Honkin On Bobo was the title of an album by a well known and long established top 40 act that were completely sincere and presumably thought it sounded cool.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
My partner has reminded me of George Clinton's "Smell My Finger" album....that's a pretty bad title, if "mundane" (for lack of a better word).

CPL593H posted:

This is different because it's obviously some edgelord poo poo that's trying to be awful on purpose.

Yeah, grindcore albums are cheating!

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I am ride or die for Fiona Apple but The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do is kinda poetic but also kinda terrible

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

pwn posted:

There is absolutely no way you can convince me that Honkin on Bobo isnt the soundtrack to this game

https://twitter.com/CoolBoxArt/status/1509840495668826122?s=20&t=tulcIBbJ2Qx9Jh3MZNHWHA

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

petit choux posted:

That is pretty good. I only learned Aerosmith did one called Honkin on Bobo though so you have to give me a few weeks before I stop laughing at that one

I was going to write something but my phone autocorrected to Honkin on Bono and that’s funnier

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

pwn posted:

I keep it on my purse. Fun to pull out at karaoke, back in the Before Times

Postscript: I searched everywhere for the CD and could not find it, every shelf, both boxes, those odd stacks in the closet, i found every other Aerosmith CD i own but Honkin' has just hosed right off

Post-postscript: I must now obtain Get a Grip on vinyl to further project Become 12 Again

What’s the one on the bottom left with the dirty words? I completely lost all touch with Aerosmith after the one with the sexy robot on the cover

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Barry posted:

I am ride or die for Fiona Apple but The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do is kinda poetic but also kinda terrible

You can't mention Fiona Apple and stupid titles and just forget about When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I haven't referred to that album by anything other than Pawn for like a decade and totally forgot it was so ridiculous. Good call.

pwn
May 27, 2004

BigFactory posted:

What’s the one on the bottom left with the dirty words? I completely lost all touch with Aerosmith after the one with the sexy robot on the cover

Little South of Sanity, live album from 1998... also I just realized this isn't the rest of them, Nine Lives has apparently escaped with Bobo. Hrm.

CPL593H posted:

You can't mention Fiona Apple and stupid titles and just forget about When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right.

I was actually upset that the vinyl edition from 2020 didn't have the full title, which is When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right, on the cover. It was incredibly disappointing

pwn fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 28, 2022

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

pwn posted:

Little South of Sanity, live album from 1998... also I just realized this isn't the rest of them, Nine Lives has apparently escaped with Bobo. Hrm.

Aerosmith has a bunch of terrible album covers, that one included, but Pump is still an all-timer

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

pwn posted:

I was actually upset that the vinyl edition from 2020 didn't have the full title, which is When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right, on the cover. It was incredibly disappointing

Yeah I remember when When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right was first issued by VMP or whoever people here were talking about the full title being When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right but the label not using the title When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right on the cover.

If the album is called When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right then When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right should be on the cover.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
got my red rsd powers that b. This is the 3rd death grips album I own 2 of. I'm normal.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Too lazy to take a picture...I got Run the Jewels second album over the weekend.

CatBlack posted:

got my red rsd powers that b. This is the 3rd death grips album I own 2 of. I'm normal.

Guess you gotta send some of 'em to me instead. :colbert:

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 29, 2022

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Anyone who had "Teenage Engineering makes their own lo-fi record cutting machine/record player" on their bingo card can check off that box:

https://teenage.engineering/store/po-80-record-factory

The cost of music gear must have broken my brain because my first reaction was "that's kind of inexpensive."

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

McCoy Pauley posted:

Anyone who had "Teenage Engineering makes their own lo-fi record cutting machine/record player" on their bingo card can check off that box:

The cost of music gear must have broken my brain because my first reaction was "that's kind of inexpensive."

That seems crazy inexpensive to me, I guess I'd want to hear what a finished product sounds like. I bought a direct to vinyl recording from an artist friend in NYC, and while it's a cool artifact it kinda sounds like rear end.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

McCoy Pauley posted:

Is that just a rebranded Gakken Toy Record Maker? I have watched some videos and the results are extremely "lo fi".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk1vZHQPczo

sporklift fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 29, 2022

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

It's the equivalent of a Fisher Price tape recorder. I sure it sounds like dogshit. But it looks really fun.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

So how long until Jack White or some other trendy label puts out a special release involving this thing?

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

CPL593H posted:

It's the equivalent of a Fisher Price tape recorder. I sure it sounds like dogshit. But it looks really fun.

Yeah. Just look up the Gakken and there are some reviews and demonstrations. It seems to be more of a children's science experiment kit. And looking at the pictures the Teenage Engineering is pretty much identical. Very terrible sound that is being marketed as "Sample your own vinyl lofi beats" or something
Oh and the Gakken is about $50-60 cheaper.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I posted a while back about getting a ton of inner groove distortion on my turntable. I finally decided to re-align my cart. It looked perfectly aligned until I realized my stylus was crooked as hell. Aligning based on the stylus ended up with the cart at this ridiculous angle:

:wtc:

So anyway, make sure you align your poo poo. It sounds great now. And I probably should buy a new cart some time.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

I put together a bonus episode for ROCKTOBER :rock: consisting of some heavier stuff that doesn't fit in my normal show. I don't often go through the metal stacks at home. Usually more of car or work music so it was fun to go through my old records. We used to do a sort of open mic DJ night where each DJ had an hour and I would do Metal Mondays at Midnight. Almost always guaranteed to clear the dance floor.

https://www.mixcloud.com/mawesome/pete-moss-rocktober-2022/

quote:

1. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - K.G.L.W
2. Death From Above 1979 - Blood on Our Hands

3. Danzig - Am I a Demon
4. Impaler - Witch Queen
5. Guns N Roses - Welcome to the Jungle
6. Metalica - Seek and Destroy
7. Public Enemy + Anthrax - Bring the Noise
8. Rage Against The Machine - Killing in the Name
9. Probot w/ Kurt Brecht - Silent Spring
10. Rabbits - Suck it or Blow
11. 324 - Advance
12. Danava - UnonoU
13. The Sword - Arrows in the Dark
14. JEFF the Brotherhood - Whatever I Want
15. Mastodon + Gibby Haynes - Atlanta
16. White Orange - Talking Heads
17. Wizard Rifle - Nobody
18. Melvins - Hung Bunny -> Revolve

I also made two images to go with it. I like them both but went with Metal Head Wookie.

Fun fact: That Impaler album was produced by Bob Mould.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Well thanks again Pete. I guess the first two were removed?

Funny seeing Teenage Engineering get attention in this thread. I have several of their pocket operators. True to their name, they make musical toys, good ideas and usually weak implementation, materially. Just proof of concept stuff and then you take it from there. Apparently their flagship synth was supposed to be really awesome, as it should be for over a grand. But even it is cute plastic, they're the kind of company that goes all in on using 1/8" connectors for everything.

gonna be participating in the Reagan Synth Revolution next month, if you have any good soundbytes of or concerning Ronald Reagan, please let me know. I went out of my way to purchase a cassette from a fundie gathering he spoke to many years ago, should have saved my money and just downloaded the audio.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

petit choux posted:

Well thanks again Pete. I guess the first two were removed?

Funny seeing Teenage Engineering get attention in this thread. I have several of their pocket operators. True to their name, they make musical toys, good ideas and usually weak implementation, materially. Just proof of concept stuff and then you take it from there. Apparently their flagship synth was supposed to be really awesome, as it should be for over a grand. But even it is cute plastic, they're the kind of company that goes all in on using 1/8" connectors for everything.

gonna be participating in the Reagan Synth Revolution next month, if you have any good soundbytes of or concerning Ronald Reagan, please let me know. I went out of my way to purchase a cassette from a fundie gathering he spoke to many years ago, should have saved my money and just downloaded the audio.

Yeah. I edited the first two songs out but posted an old playlist and it was just easier to strike out rather than re number when I noticed.

Teenage engineering has some cool stuff. The pocket operators are neat an look like they can actually be pretty powerful little synths in the right hands but that record maker is just a straight up re-brand of an existing product. I think they changed the box art and that's it.

sporklift fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 30, 2022

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh gently caress yeah Rubellan Remasters.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I got my limited burgundy Björk yesterday, it is very shiny.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/dredg/status/1575899373438844929

I just got their first album’s 20th anniversary album like a month ago! I sigh as unsheath my wallet.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I'm probably the only one interested, but the Beach Boys have another box set in the works, Sail on Sailor.

Despite the Holland album being one of my favorites, this doesn't look nearly as good as the Feel Flows box. Two of the discs are a live show and there are only about 3-4 songs that haven't surfaced before. Rooftop Harry was found in the last few years.

Unless they go back to the earliest years - and they should - this is pretty much the last that can be commercially mined out of the Beach Boys archives. It gets pretty rough after this in their catalogs. The abandoned Christmas album would be of interest, but Love You is a divisive album and everything after is crap, with few highlights. Almost all of the unreleased material after this set is awful, outside of the morbid curiosity of the Cocaine Tapes. Bootlegs have floated around for years of that anyway.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

IUG posted:

https://twitter.com/dredg/status/1575899373438844929

I just got their first album’s 20th anniversary album like a month ago! I sigh as unsheath my wallet.

oof I should have sold my original copy for $600 before they inevitably announced this

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh gently caress yeah Rubellan Remasters.

You should boycott this entire series because they pluralized with an apostrophe.

pwn
May 27, 2004

CPL593H posted:

You should boycott this entire series because they pluralized with an apostrophe.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

CPL593H posted:

It's acceptable when it's an acronym.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cemetry Gator posted:

It's acceptable when it's an acronym.

I hate to be this guy, but it's not an acronym unless it's a word you can say like "scuba" or "radar" or "Tardis". Otherwise stuff like LP, CD, DVD are technically abbreviations. Anyway, I was curious enough to google this just now and apparently there are all kinds of conflicting rules but it seems like when it comes to stuff like this the proper forms would be LPs, CDs, DVDs etc..

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

CPL593H posted:

I hate to be this guy, but it's not an acronym unless it's a word you can say like "scuba" or "radar" or "Tardis". Otherwise stuff like LP, CD, DVD are technically abbreviations. Anyway, I was curious enough to google this just now and apparently there are all kinds of conflicting rules but it seems like when it comes to stuff like this the proper forms would be LPs, CDs, DVDs etc..

Vinyl’s

pwn
May 27, 2004

longevity as a music format is unparalleled? H*ck yea.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Vinyln’t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

"It's going for $14. Not really going. It's staying for $14" Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yj08kBNqY8