Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
oh man this is gonna tie to the invasion of ukraine isn't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

copaganda overdose in this evacuation scene

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

full on villain monologue with evil laugh

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

drat Sam Waterston is sounding real bad :(

Edit: just in that one scene I guess

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 23, 2022

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Is it me, or is Ruslev's actor the same guy who ran an animal smuggling ring on SVU (the monkey-in-the-basketball episode)?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sirotan posted:

drat Sam Waterston is sounding real bad :(

Edit: just in that one scene I guess

He's been sounding bad for a while. But he's also 81. Age takes its toll on a voice.

Edit:

Snorb posted:

Is it me, or is Ruslev's actor the same guy who ran an animal smuggling ring on SVU (the monkey-in-the-basketball episode)?

No, but he ran a fake adoption ring on SVU in the early years.

Timby fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 23, 2022

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
If Stabler found Vince when he was beating the poo poo out of a dude who was twice his size, why did Vince suddenly lose the ability to fight dudes who were twice his size? :raise:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

YeahTubaMike posted:

If Stabler found Vince when he was beating the poo poo out of a dude who was twice his size, why did Vince suddenly lose the ability to fight dudes who were twice his size? :raise:

I mean, Vince is getting his rear end kicked in that bare-knuckle fight we see and Stabler pays him to stay down. I think the takeaway is less "Vince good fighter" and more "Vince doesn't understand his own limits and keeps trying crazy poo poo."

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Hand Knit posted:

I mean, Vince is getting his rear end kicked in that bare-knuckle fight we see and Stabler pays him to stay down. I think the takeaway is less "Vince good fighter" and more "Vince doesn't understand his own limits and keeps trying crazy poo poo."

Well, I guess that might explain why his dumb rear end tried to cockblock Sirenko and then followed him into his office & nearly got choked to death :doh:.

Also, I thought Rollins was going to join Dodds in cop heaven, until I remembered that they didn't kill Kat either. I'm curious about how that'll turn out.

I wonder if I'm being overzealous with the spoilers. :ohdear: I figure better too many spoilers than too few.

edit: Another thought I had -- I thought Benson and Stabler were going to have a "life flashed before their eyes" moment after the bombing and end up making out or something because "life's too short", and while I was talking about it with my mom, I felt bad about even putting any Benson/Stabler ideas into the universe. I couldn't help it though, it just popped into my head.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 23, 2022

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

edit: Another thought I had -- I thought Benson and Stabler were going to have a "life flashed before their eyes" moment after the bombing and end up making out or something because "life's too short", and while I was talking about it with my mom, I felt bad about even putting any Benson/Stabler ideas into the universe. I couldn't help it though, it just popped into my head.

That's the power of suggestion, but they've only had 2 seasons for it so far. Wait 'til season 5 comes around, it will feel organic and natural! :3:*

*Product may include feelings not entirely organic or natural. Possible side effects include exasperation, frustration, and confusion

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

As much as I hate having to catch up on Peacock now I appreciate that they clearly labeled the order you’re supposed to watch this in and indicated it before and after the episodes, that always annoyed me about the crossovers before.

Liking the new detective so far!

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Clandestine Meeting Room, complete with scenic view of the Queensboro bridge
I've made up my mind that they are paying tribute to Paul Sorvino with Rollins taking one in the gut

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

WTF was that 24 rear end poo poo? I really did not appreciate being "forced" to watch SVU and OC.

Now having said that, I got a big laugh over Mehcad Brooks trying to be the big hero with the bomb and everyone telling him "you loving moron, we can't talk you through defusing that poo poo, GTFO dummy"

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

howe_sam posted:

WTF was that 24 rear end poo poo? I really did not appreciate being "forced" to watch SVU and OC.

Now having said that, I got a big laugh over Mehcad Brooks trying to be the big hero with the bomb and everyone telling him "you loving moron, we can't talk you through defusing that poo poo, GTFO dummy"

And then you don't see him. And then the bomb goes off. And then he's just kind of outside.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
drat, am I the only one that watched tonight?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

YeahTubaMike posted:

drat, am I the only one that watched tonight?

Nope.

So many people get shot on the court steps in the L&Overse that it might as well be a space on a bingo card.

Edit: Duarte and Benson have mad chemistry. More than Benson and Stabler.

Madkal fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Sep 30, 2022

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I watch it when it airs but I’m usually too tired to post about it right away (and I still haven’t finished the whole OC episode)

the L&O episode made me really sad although I’m glad that rear end in a top hat was found guilty at least.

SVU: kind of enjoyed the interactions with the Gang unit or whatever they’re called and it’s loving hilarious that Duarte tried to poach one of Benson’s detectives and she poached one of his instead :lmao:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Was I supposed to know who the gang police in SVU were? Was this some kind of cross-over event? The opening of the ep could've been a bog-standard season 6-9 SVU opener, but then the show spent like 30 mins showing people I didn't recognize having arguments that had nothing to do with the sex crime. :what:

liz
Nov 4, 2004

Stop listening to the static.

Madkal posted:

Edit: Duarte and Benson have mad chemistry. More than Benson and Stabler.

Um, have you watched seasons 1-12?? Chemistry from day one. Mariska and Chris are best friends and it shows :3:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is there a given reason why the first half of L&O isn't on peacock? I grabbed season one on amazon because it was really cheap but I'd like to have one place to watch all of it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kingtheninja posted:

Is there a given reason why the first half of L&O isn't on peacock? I grabbed season one on amazon because it was really cheap but I'd like to have one place to watch all of it.

No, it's a very strange line of demarcation and an explanation has never been given. If I had to guess, they might not have negotiated streaming royalties with Michael Moriarty (who's loving nuts) or some of the other cast members, a few of whom (like Sorvino) are no longer with us.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Timby posted:

Michael Moriarty (who's loving nuts)

I skimmed his wikipedia page but need to know more.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Sirotan posted:

I skimmed his wikipedia page but need to know more.

https://cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/6032-WHATEVER-HAPPENED-TO-MICHAEL-MORIARTY.html his enter stage right columns are on their website if you wish to read the fresh real batshit

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Arivia posted:

https://cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/6032-WHATEVER-HAPPENED-TO-MICHAEL-MORIARTY.html his enter stage right columns are on their website if you wish to read the fresh real batshit

Welp. I guess I do remember his whole thing with Janet Reno but I did not know he hosed off forever to Canada after that.

Now I gotta watch Report to the Commissioner.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I love Michael Moriarty’s acting. He’s a in a ton of Larry Cohen movies (they’re buddies) that are worth checking out.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I chose not to watch the OC crossover because the organized crime episodes of all L&O shows have always been my least favorite. So I know I might be missing something. But I thought that the new SVU episode was just awful and felt like an entirely different show? I can see that it's the first episode with a new showrunner so that might have something to do with it, but sheesh. It felt like I'd accidentally tuned into an episode of Chicago PD.
And am I weird for being super uncomfortable with Olivia comparing this Latino man to an animal and likening his white colleague to an animal handler?

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

L&O: jesus gently caress the beginning of that episode :stonk:

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I didnt feel like paying peacock because I have Hulu already lol

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Did... did the new detective just throw her gun at the suspect in this episode?!

EDIT: Never mind, it was her radio.

Snorb fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 14, 2022

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Pearl on OC kind of seems like a young Mom from Futurama.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I feel like they've decided Cosgrove is the star character now on Vanilla so things will get tilted his way like SVU has Benson and OC has Stabler.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Certainly seems like they're at least setting him up for something this season. His daughter has featured twice now I think?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Can we maybe talk about how random laypeople somehow managed to get drugs three layers inside a house? :psyduck:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I did not see the twist coming in vanilla this week, so kudos to them for that?

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Yeah I wasn’t expecting that either! Also I’m not sure if I’ve gotten used to the things that irritated me about reboot L&O or if it’s settled into itself but it feels pretty solid this season so far?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Timby posted:

No, it's a very strange line of demarcation and an explanation has never been given. If I had to guess, they might not have negotiated streaming royalties with Michael Moriarty (who's loving nuts) or some of the other cast members, a few of whom (like Sorvino) are no longer with us.

I noticed today that seasons 6-10 are on Amazon Prime Canada, so at least some rights got sorted out somewhere.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Ngl, I would enjoy several more episodes of the Adventures of Captain Benson and Man-Hating Billionaire Lola Glaundini.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

It had that good old days SVU feel to it. Rich deviant monsters, friendly and helpful if somewhat confusing homeless man, even a half-assed twist. Not sure where the Carrolisi is headed, but it didn't take up too much time

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Sirotan posted:

Ngl, I would enjoy several more episodes of the Adventures of Captain Benson and Man-Hating Billionaire Lola Glaundini.

Absolute same. I must say, though -- as much as I love Lola Glaudini as a villain, they couldn't have made her character's arc more predictable if they'd tried.

Rappaport posted:

It had that good old days SVU feel to it. Rich deviant monsters, friendly and helpful if somewhat confusing homeless man, even a half-assed twist. Not sure where the Carrolisi is headed, but it didn't take up too much time

I hate Carrolisi so god drat much. They have no chemistry, they don't make sense together and the show threw them together as a standard obligatory "two heterosexual people of the same race and the same age" couple. They're awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

I hate Carrolisi so god drat much. They have no chemistry, they don't make sense together and the show threw them together as a standard obligatory "two heterosexual people of the same race and the same age" couple. They're awful.

They really are, I'm just holding out hope for the "oh no Amanda has the crazies again!!!!" plotline popping up eventually