Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cowcaster posted:

rat game? cat game? folks, is this the steam thread or a freakin tom and jerry special??

Okay, this was pretty funny.

Also quoting this as penance for this terrible page snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

This looks cool

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

rat game? cat game? folks, is this the steam thread or a freakin tom and jerry special??

It's now the Multiversus thread.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

as an update to an earlier story, Spike Chunsoft finally acknowledged the ban on chaos head noah

quote:

Spike Chunsoft, Inc. today regrets to announce that it will not be able to release CHAOS;HEAD NOAH on Steam as originally planned due to Steam's guideline-required changes to the game's content. Spike Chunsoft, Inc. believes these changes would not allow the game to be released to its standards.

The company extends its sincerest apologies to all of the fans looking forward to this release.

The company is looking into delivering the title through alternative storefronts, and when details are decided will make another formal announcement. Until then your patience and understanding is appreciated.
tim sweeney can now swoop in and poach the skeevy VN if he wants i guess

it's just funny because as far as anyone can tell this is solely about lovely skeevy DLC that Spike wants to sell with the game, they could just sell the game by itself and Valve would probably be fine with it

i think the last time a major game got blocked by valve was maybe arkham knight briefly, when it was so bug riddled that valve just stopped selling it until WB got their poo poo in order

or maybe cyberpunk? i forget if that was valve or if CDPR unlisted it themselves

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 30, 2022

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh wait rat game is set in France and you don't even mind control some gawky chef into culinary celebrity? gently caress that

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

as an update to an earlier story, Spike Chunsoft finally acknowledged the ban on chaos head noah

tim sweeney can now swoop in and poach the skeevy VN if he wants i guess

it's just funny because as far as anyone can tell this is solely about lovely skeevy DLC that Spike wants to sell with the game, they could just sell the game by itself and Valve would probably be fine with it

Is this maybe because Spike was unwilling to list the game as adult-only? And therefore someone at Valve had problems with this supposed sexy lingerie DLC?

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

ErrEff posted:

Is this maybe because Spike was unwilling to list the game as adult-only? And therefore someone at Valve had problems with this supposed sexy lingerie DLC?

Why would they list the game as "adult only" when PEGI/ESRB did not reach any such conclusion after they reviewed the content?

It sounds like more than the DLC is involved here. Truth is, we don't know exactly what Valve was asking them to do and that information is unlikely to be made public.

This is a silly scenario in any case, since people will still be able to buy the game on Switch. The game will likely end up on other PC storefronts too, though the sales will suffer for it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ErrEff posted:

Why won't they just not include the dlc? Is dressing up school children in lingerie really that important?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my opinion is that valve can do what they want but they also have yet to ban the kyle rittenhouse game where you shoot trans people and antifa

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
TFW you have to officially announce that Schoolkid Lingerie DLC is a hard requirement for the game to meet your standards.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Jack Trades posted:

Why won't they just not include the dlc? Is dressing up school children in lingerie really that important?

Someone is going to rush in to say that all these skeevy VNs are high art and I just don't understand them, but I suspect that if they didn't present children in a sexual manner nobody would buy them.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Cool Dad posted:

Someone is going to rush in to say that all these skeevy VNs are high art and I just don't understand them, but I suspect that if they didn't present children in a sexual manner nobody would buy them.

Reductio ad absurdum aside, the genre has changed over time. Quite a few of the better VN games in recent years have focused on either character drama or story. High art? Not really, but decent enough.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

honestly i’m wondering if the child underwear dlc doesn’t even enter into it and it’s something worse

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Cowcaster posted:

honestly i’m wondering if the child underwear dlc doesn’t even enter into it and it’s something worse

The series in question is usually a slightly harder sci-fi mystery in tone, so it would be a weird swerve (and why people are going "probably DLC's fault" since I think this game is a remake?)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

secretly best girl posted:

The series in question is usually a slightly harder sci-fi mystery in tone, so it would be a weird swerve (and why people are going "probably DLC's fault" since I think this game is a remake?)
the DLC was brought up last time this was discussed, complete with the tagline "the girls get sexy!"

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ErrEff posted:

no it's because the underwear dlc is for 16 year olds
if they were 18+ it would be allowed just fine, cyberpunk et all get to have plenty of titties without being marked adult-only

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mordja posted:

Does rat game automatically delete itself from your account after two, three years max?

I'm out of the loop, what's this in reference to

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Rat lifespan

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Buddy, we got some bad news. You remember how we had to go visit when grandma got real sick and everyone was real sad?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Tamba posted:

You can solo play from 1-60 and 70-90 now and the only forced "interactions" with other players are a handful of 8 player boss fights.
And the interaction in those cases is: You sign up for that fight, and get put together with 7 random players who will kill that boss no matter what you do, and the only communication might be a "hello" or "goodbye" in the party chat.

Alright I started from level 1. The solo play does stop at level 50 when the first 8 player boss fight occurs. Nonetheless, an alright singleplayer experience available for free

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Mordja posted:

It's the Dirty Work of third person roguelikes.

The Norm MacDonald movie or the Steely Dan song?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rat game not deck verified. No sale.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Metroid-esque roguelike A Robot Named Fight! is now Open Source.

Had fun playing it a bunch on the Switch, may end up double-dipping on Steam if this results in some cool stuff.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Just watched a goon play the master of magic remake that is out in December! Amazingly it just updates all the graphics and sounds instead of loving with the gameplay so I am excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvouJB_IqPg

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Mega64 posted:

Had fun playing it a bunch on the Switch, may end up double-dipping on Steam if this results in some cool stuff.

man i wanted to like this game and just completely bounced. Vania + roguelite is p cursed imo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Should have added TCG for the trifecta of indie game poison.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

If someone makes a Metroidvania Deckbuilding Roguelike let me know so I can empty out my savings and give it all to that dev.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mega64 posted:

If someone makes a Metroidvania Deckbuilding Roguelike let me know so I can empty out my savings and give it all to that dev.

only if it's also open world survival crafting

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Crafting
Survival
Open World
Early Access

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Hwurmp posted:

Open World owns but is basically the opposite of a Metroidvania.

I don't give a poo poo about survival and crafting. Crafting is kind of a joke anyway, you're just collecting items to make new items when you could just collect the items you would make in the first place and skip the bullshit.

e: All that said, I would definitely play an Open World Deckbuilder. It wouldn't even have to be a Roguelike!

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

This sounds exactly like the immersive sim I’ve been looking for.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Mega64 posted:

We need more games like Monster Sanctuary, might as well make some deckbuilders

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

Open World owns but is basically the opposite of a Metroidvania.

I don't give a poo poo about survival and crafting. Crafting is kind of a joke anyway, you're just collecting items to make new items when you could just collect the items you would make in the first place and skip the bullshit.

e: All that said, I would definitely play an Open World Deckbuilder. It wouldn't even have to be a Roguelike!

Erranorth Chronicles?

Dackel posted:

We need more games like Monster Sanctuary, might as well make some deckbuilders

hell yes!!!!!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:thunk:

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

~80 percent of Elden Ring playtime is pretty chill vibes. I played a lot of it stoned.

moosferatu
Jan 29, 2020

Fuligin posted:

man i wanted to like this game and just completely bounced. Vania + roguelite is p cursed imo

How long ago did you play? Seems like the dev has been consistently updating it since release. I just played it for about 20 minutes and it seems pretty good so far.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mega64 posted:

it was a fun bridging of roguelite with actual metroidvania progression (compared to games that get tagged like this and aren't). i feel bad that their new game CARL has only 3 reviews since launch

although it's definitely not the most unique looking game

https://store.steampowered.com/app/513910/CARL/

it looks like an Apogee game, which may very well be intentional, but definitely makes it hard to stand out. i certainly didn't notice it when going through games for my september post a month ago

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Randallteal posted:

~80 percent of Elden Ring playtime is pretty chill vibes.

Sometimes when I want to relax I'll put on the Elden Ring OST and take an afternoon nap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZCD5iPByFA

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

that's just because valve crowdsources tags and makes zero effort to clean up joke tags

"relaxing" is the second most popular tag given to elden ring after "souls-like"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

repiv posted:

"relaxing" is the second most popular tag given to elden ring after "souls-like"

Anime