Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

indigi posted:

it very well could be. I had a colonoscopy last year and the doctor came to me with tears in his eyes, said it was beautiful, the best colon he'd ever seen, the strongest

Then show us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

indigi posted:

it very well could be. I had a colonoscopy last year and the doctor came to me with tears in his eyes, said it was beautiful, the best colon he'd ever seen, the strongest

Are you sure he was really a doctor

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Japan wow

https://twitter.com/shingetsunews/status/1575240829332910080

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

That is.... incredibly bad

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Time for a 45% wage cut for all japanese men

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol here in freedomland us fellas workin in healthcare can only expect to be paid over ~30% more than the babygirls for the same work

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

tokin opposition posted:

Time for a 45% wage cut for all japanese men

in some study of affective neuroscience I read that Japanese men are more fearful and sadder than their women counterparts, unlike everywhere else they studied. :biotruths: :japan: they were also the scaredest and saddest.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

mawarannahr posted:

in some study of affective neuroscience I read that Japanese men are more fearful and sadder than their women counterparts, unlike everywhere else they studied. :biotruths: :japan: they were also the scaredest and saddest.

I see. In that case they can choose to lose 45% of their penis or 45% of their salary

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Brotato is the broest game. Tato bros.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that's the general thing for bowel cancer but it's just one risk factor among many (diet high in red meat, sedentary lifestyle, obesity, smoking, drinking, you know, the usual) and millennials certainly don't stand out for diet

like it's been a bit of a public health mystery/crisis for a reason, there obviously isn't an easy answer

also these are slow-growing cancers that normally develop in people in their 70s. kind of a big deal when it starts killing millennial dudes years and decades before they even start screening for this stuff

i was having intestinal issues recently and my doctor gave me some pills to take and it all cleared up, maybe i should still get the colonoscopy though

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
sigmoidoscopy is probably all you need, like, statistically if that's an issue (it's less invasive ((only the first foot and a half lol)) and needs way less prep and you walk away) but the full deal really isn't so bad, they don't really even need to knock you out all the way, and you can watch if you want

dude, i saw sights few bros have seen

oh also it was super against the bro code when we all saw the tumor for the first time. none, and i mean None of those dudes would look me in the eye or answer me, it was shameful as poo poo

tho it was cool when the main dude came back from wiping up and just dropped it on me, he was all "oh yeah they cut that out no problem" lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

they letting big rear end women play flutes now -_-

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

fart simpson posted:

maybe i should still get the colonoscopy though

couldn't hurt

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
the first bro zone climaxed in liddel ben shapino getting owned. the second bro zone hitting its zenith in spreading the gospel of mens health and getting fiberoptic cameras jammed up all our asses. the bro zone just keeps winning

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
they let you watch if you want to see waaaaay up your rear end

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
when i want to see up my own rear end i just make big posts

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
[BRO ZONE] BREAST CANCER? gently caress THAT! PABST BLUE COLON CANCER (?) [OFFICIAL]

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my dad told me the other day to never let anyone take a prostate biopsy cause it "messed up his dick" and "wasnt even cancer"
get owned, dad.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Real hurthling! posted:

my dad told me the other day to never let anyone take a prostate biopsy cause it "messed up his dick" and "wasnt even cancer"
get owned, dad.

This belongs in the war on dudes thread.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://twitter.com/How2Drink/status/1575885810640920579

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Smythe posted:

[BRO ZONE] BREAST CANCER? gently caress THAT! PABST BLUE COLON CANCER (?) [OFFICIAL]

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

sigmoidoscopy is probably all you need, like, statistically if that's an issue (it's less invasive ((only the first foot and a half lol)) and needs way less prep and you walk away) but the full deal really isn't so bad, they don't really even need to knock you out all the way, and you can watch if you want

dude, i saw sights few bros have seen

oh also it was super against the bro code when we all saw the tumor for the first time. none, and i mean None of those dudes would look me in the eye or answer me, it was shameful as poo poo

tho it was cool when the main dude came back from wiping up and just dropped it on me, he was all "oh yeah they cut that out no problem" lmao

you're just gonna gloss over how not fun prepping is like that (it could be a lot worse tbh but that stuff was pretty vile for me)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
https://twitter.com/kibblesmith/status/1575898595244445696

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the prepping isn't great but it's no big deal if you eat light for a few days beforehand. I was prepared to be blasting off buckets full of poo poo all day and night but it was like once an hour I'd have to go for a couple minutes

the worst part to me was chafing from wiping so often

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

indigi posted:

the prepping isn't great but it's no big deal if you eat light for a few days beforehand. I was prepared to be blasting off buckets full of poo poo all day and night but it was like once an hour I'd have to go for a couple minutes

the worst part to me was chafing from wiping so often

Baby wipes, bro. They're not just for babies.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

They are very good for wiping your balls, man or woman

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

Baby wipes, bro. They're not just for babies.

the poops were too wet for wipes only. had to go in there with a wad of dry paper like a barbarian of old for some AoE first

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

the poops were too wet for wipes only. had to go in there with a wad of dry paper like a barbarian of old for some AoE first

witch hazel

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

No, barbarians hate witches

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

you're just gonna gloss over how not fun prepping is like that (it could be a lot worse tbh but that stuff was pretty vile for me)

eh, it wasn't any worse than chugging cough syrup-flavored water, just chill it first

i was more annoyed at having to be on a clear liquid diet beforehand, drinking broth all day is annoying as hell

indigi posted:

oh yeah that was whatever, i just took showers lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
and no, the clear liquid diet can't have anything red or blue or purple in it

no apple or carrot juices either, your options are basically yellow gatorade and chicken consomme. campbells beef broth is barely ok, though it isn't clarified

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

apparently the actual drinks vary quite a bit in how awful they are. the one I had tasted like lemon lime Gatorade syrup with a hint of medicinal/boozy burn and kind of plastic aftertaste. nothing I'd choose to drink but not nearly vile, and it was just two 8oz bottles

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
they had me take laxative tablets in addition to chugging that stuff, it was interesting seeing how your entire gastrointestinal peristalsis just seems to shut down after a couple hours of pissing out your rear end and then ingesting zero solid food afterward

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

That sucks and I'm mad I have to worry about both colon cancer AND breast cancer

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
welcome to the Republican Party

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's weird how we push poop out with no problem but when you have a making GBS threads liquid situation your butt sort of double clutches like "wait water isn't supposed to be coming out of here what's going on" and you have to consciously relax

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

and no, the clear liquid diet can't have anything red or blue or purple in it

no apple or carrot juices either, your options are basically yellow gatorade and chicken consomme. campbells beef broth is barely ok, though it isn't clarified

What about miso

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

indigi posted:

it's weird how we push poop out with no problem but when you have a making GBS threads liquid situation your butt sort of double clutches like "wait water isn't supposed to be coming out of here what's going on" and you have to consciously relax

lol for some reason the phrasing is very VRRY funny to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Jeez that is some fricking skill