Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

fuckin jokers out here harassing a war widow and the civilisational military hero de jour. not real tactical stuff from the hypernationalist militia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

wait a minute...! it was all a ploy!!

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

a military coup wasnt the worst idea it just came from the wrong part of the military . they needed some forward thinking politically active younger officers to start a movement.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

the alliance needing a Space Gaddafi but being stuck with Yang is the most realistic part of the show

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Lostconfused posted:

I think everyone is getting caught up in the idea of winning. Because every form of government lost in LoGH.

Oh I’m aware that we’re not supposed to think it’s an endorsement of space Bismarck. That was never its intent, but at the end it comes out like that. Like we’re supposed to take the fact that the empire is going to have to continue on the reformist path Reinhard started it on as a refutation of him when it’s really not. Like his own real life expy Bismarck also had to set up a parliament. Do we count Bismarck as “losing” to the left for that? When in fact it just kept the system stable?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

bitmap posted:

fuckin jokers out here harassing a war widow and the civilisational military hero de jour. not real tactical stuff from the hypernationalist militia.
Cindy Sheehan and John Kerry

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

galagazombie posted:

Oh I’m aware that we’re not supposed to think it’s an endorsement of space Bismarck. That was never its intent, but at the end it comes out like that. Like we’re supposed to take the fact that the empire is going to have to continue on the reformist path Reinhard started it on as a refutation of him when it’s really not. Like his own real life expy Bismarck also had to set up a parliament. Do we count Bismarck as “losing” to the left for that? When in fact it just kept the system stable?

The ideological refutation is when Julian talks to Reinhard after boarding the imperial flagship. Like it's not a coincidence that Reinhard meeting Julian, Yang's protege, is what results with the republic basically winning the final battle of the war. I don't know how you get more on the nose than Julian saying that he wants discuss a cure for the Lohengramm dynasty falling ill, on behalf of Yang, the episode after Reinhard finds out that he's terminally ill.

turn off the TV has issued a correction as of 03:21 on Sep 30, 2022

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

e: wrong thread but I'm leaving it. read the webcomic Please Forgive Me!!!!

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

that episode where siegfried disabled the "necklace" defence system and got oldmate ceasared was tight. I'm in.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/dougdinsdale/status/1575665202359459841?s=46&t=BfCWhL5W9FRT6ImaR_Fdig

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Are there any manga or anime (ones with significant audiences, that is) that include organized labor themes, even as a throwaway plot point? Off the top of my head all I can remember is Akko getting unionpilled in that episode of Little Witch Academia where the school service staff goes on strike, and the Dungeon Meshi manga (soon to be anime!!!!!!) where Chilchuck starts a union for halflings after adventurer parties kept using them as monster bait.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

Are there any manga or anime (ones with significant audiences, that is) that include organized labor themes, even as a throwaway plot point? Off the top of my head all I can remember is Akko getting unionpilled in that episode of Little Witch Academia where the school service staff goes on strike, and the Dungeon Meshi manga (soon to be anime!!!!!!) where Chilchuck starts a union for halflings after adventurer parties kept using them as monster bait.

eizouken

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

keep your hands off my labor value!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

SexyBlindfold posted:

Dallos is basically The Battle for Algiers the anime, and it's all about a mining colony waging urban guerilla war against a colonial Earth government.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
There was an arc of Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans that dealt with a labor union strike and protest getting massacred by the government using a false flag attack.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
IBO was the most realistic Gundam

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Reik posted:

You should check out Heroic Legend of Arslan

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28249/Arslan_Senki_TV

what happened to this show was a war crime, do not watch it

hell the entire second season is a bullshit filler murder mystery that has nothing to do with the main plot

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

IBO really did manage to slip in all the hits, including the revolutionary bourgeois scion who was adopted as a rich man's sex toy.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

fullmetal alchemist author is still doing the manga adaptation so maybe a better anime will be made

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SexyBlindfold posted:

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Are any of his works translated yet? Last I asked, the answer was "no."

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Are any of his works translated yet? Last I asked, the answer was "no."

The Legend of Kamui was one of the first manga Viz translated but they didn't get very far and it's long out of print.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

This season's otome game villainess anime is fun

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
lol the new Gundam series is Mobile Suit Utena

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

lets go lesbians!!

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

finally, an otome game gundam

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

New season of Pop Team Epic. Same fun as the old season which is all I wanted.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

it's really good

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

net work error posted:

New season of Pop Team Epic. Same fun as the old season which is all I wanted.

great OP, too. includes all the great moments from the manga that the fans know and love.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Pop Team Epic, Revolutionary Girl Gundam, Urusei Yarsura, Chainsaw Man, Mob Psycho 100. Truly we are in a golden age of anime.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bleach is coming back

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I never watched Bleach, should I watch through the original right quick so I’ll be caught up for the new one?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Yes Of Course

(They took it off all the streaming services a couple of days ago)

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Spy Family back. Sub >> dub
MHA back. Dub >> sub.

Watched MHA's intro song though. Extremely lame

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Gripweed posted:

I never watched Bleach, should I watch through the original right quick so I’ll be caught up for the new one?

I guess or read the manga

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

dont waste your loving time getting invested in bleach lmao

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bleach rules.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

bitmap posted:

how have you all watched this excruciatingly long 70's rear end anime space opera. im honestly impressed.

it features magnetic liquid metal shielding, objectively the most badass sci fi shielding. thats how you know its good

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
my bad its not magnetic, i forgot its like the deathstar so its all just gravity lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Bleach is about a youthful idealist trying to reform a regressive traditional society by organizing violently against their death squads but ultimately becoming deputized as a cop himself