Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

But Warner Bros discovery has/had First Run and current season OnDemand rights ever since it moved to TBS. This indicates at the very least that OnDemand rights have become non-exclusive and that Hulu has them. This hasn’t been the case since the show aired on Fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

Neeksy posted:

That's not any different from the way they handle FX shows on Hulu

It's how they do Family Guy and Bob's (and presumably whatever else is on Sunday nights) too. It'd be a huge improvement from them just randomly dumping episodes like a season and a half after they air

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

TheFattestPat posted:

Sucks that we're never going to see any of these characters ever again.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's not true they reuse a lot of already designed characters for background and with some modification they can even have speaking rolls, like the woman who looked like but was not Snot's Mom in the Philadelphia episode.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/americandadtbs/status/1575712041276407812?s=46&t=oCe-6ctUZSsERvSG9Jb0dw

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wait what about Toshi, or are they implying he somehow out of the gang had actually known the touch of a woman?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kwyndig posted:

Wait what about Toshi, or are they implying he somehow out of the gang had actually known the touch of a woman?

He's the cat

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kwyndig posted:

He's straight edge so he just makes out a lot.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

rewatching some of the ones they just put on Hulu, that one where Stan and Roger get way into crystals is so good

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is funny how the continuing feud between whoever decides seasons keeps going because Hulu lists Langley Dollar Listings as the start of season 17 while Wikipedia says that it is the start of season 19 and Youtube TV says that season 17 ended with "A Song of Knives and Fire" with "The Curious Case of the Old Hole" as the start of season 18.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's a brilliant way to gently caress with pirates tbh

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's a brilliant way to gently caress with pirates tbh

Thankfully the pirates continue their good and noble work, but yeah going back and finding a specific episode can be hard because the Wikipedia page usually doesn't watch the seasons on the sites.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The pirate releases at the moment are just 1 season out, listing this current one as 18, rather than 19.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
hey what caused the issue with season numbers being weird?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Ups_rail posted:

hey what caused the issue with season numbers being weird?

Mixed length mid-season breaks which are longer than the ones between different seasons. And lack of clear information, I suppose.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Only the actual production crew knows where each episode belongs, season wise, because they're the ones that make them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Mixed length mid-season breaks which are longer than the ones between different seasons. And lack of clear information, I suppose.

They've been off track since the very beginning. The show struggled to get an audience the first few years so it would get pulled from the schedule occasionally without airing the full season. Then to keep Seth happy they would order another bunch of episodes without realizing they still had a bunch to air. When it came back they would air were they left off and repeat the process.

For a long time the Christmas episodes were the end of the production season.

The move to TBS was originally just a way to burn off the 2 seasons they had left in the hopper but it performed pretty well so TBS asked for more.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Oct 3, 2022

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

American Dad actually had a pretty consistent Fox airing schedule with seasons starting in late September running for 18-20 episodes and finishing in May. However, production orders were usually 22 episodes so the production drift started from the beginning. This isn't too unusual with animated shows, though it gets glaring when a show runs this long. The production codes got sorted out (with two exceptions) once they started airing on TBS.

There are two main reasons for the season inconsistency.

The first being the initial season. American dad was a midseason replacement show on Fox and started in February and ran for 7 episodes. Fox expanded the first season order, but they didn't air until the Fall 2005 season.

Wikipedia has Season 1 being 7 episodes and ending in June. IMDB has season 1 being 23 episodes ending in May 2006. So, IMDB is including the midseason inital chunk and the full first season as Season 1 where Wikipedia splits the two.

The next inconsistency comes with the move to TBS in 2014 (goddamn, that was 8 years ago.)

The season started airing in the fall on Fox and aired 3 episodes before transitioning to TBS. Wikipedia considers this Season 11. Just those 3 episodes. They call Season 12 the start of the TBS era.

However, IMDB considers those 3 episodes holdovers from the prior season which (which is technically correct here since they were leftover from that production run). So, that with the combining of the first two seasons put IMDB two season behind now. IMDB Season 10 is the start of the TBS era.

Thus, the two season offset was born. Otherwise things have lined up pretty well with the exception of "Downtown" and "Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper’s Story" which Wikipedia includes with their Season 16 as the last two episodes because they match the production code of that season and IMDB includes them as starting the following season due to when they aired.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wow, it has been a minute since this character was around.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

The_Doctor posted:

The pirate releases at the moment are just 1 season out, listing this current one as 18, rather than 19.

I'm a member of a group that must be stalwart American Dad fans, because all of the new stuff is (correctly) labeled Season 19--as God intended. Very proud of them.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I was kind of disappointed by Klaus & Jeff "bonding" when they only had like one conversation but I laughed out loud at Roger tricking his future self, then his future self tricking his present self even though I thought it was weird that his future self was dumb enough to cut off his hands.

Also, I thought it only made logical sense that Roger would be a lovely driver, because he is a literal crash test dummy so it makes sense that crashes wouldn't be a big deal to him no matter how severe they actually were.

Also also, is Pizza Overlord just not a thing anymore? :raise:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Times so tough even fictional businesses can't make it

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh wow, was not expecting to see a full episode parody of the 2007 movie Sunshine in the year 2022. I'm pretty sure they even used "Adagio in D Minor" at the end there, or at least a very similar sounding song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWmCKhBmFVY&ab_channel=ZenaXProductions

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
i think the joke is that soso's is the inferior chain restaurant to pizza overlord
also Roger is clearly wearing an Orville uniform

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Neeksy posted:

lol he definitely is

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

even though I thought it was weird that his future self was dumb enough to cut off his hands.

He had Sun Madness.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I really liked that episode. I loved Klaus's truck, especially the low hanging truck nuts, and the montage of all Roger's crashes. I love it when this show does callbacks to things like that.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
"Every day you cause Stan to crash into a flagpole at the CIA"

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Zero One posted:

"Every day you cause Stan to crash into a flagpole at the CIA"

I do love when they mention that the opening is a real thing that happens every day to them. Which is kinda odd they never added Jeff in there.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

socialsecurity posted:

I do love when they mention that the opening is a real thing that happens every day to them. Which is kinda odd they never added Jeff in there.

or Rogu, Rogu just wants to talk slow and get love. Rogu wants to be an ET and Jar Jar hybrid.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

socialsecurity posted:

He never wakes up in time to be involved.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

limp_cheese posted:

I really liked that episode. I loved Klaus's truck, especially the low hanging truck nuts, and the montage of all Roger's crashes. I love it when this show does callbacks to things like that.

When were they driving a moving van

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Milo and POTUS posted:

When were they driving a moving van

During the ham episode where they took the men they poisoned to Maine for those healing Maine breezes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I loved how we got a scene from when Roger was murdering all those frat bros for stiffing him.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Roger met himself and they didn't boink? I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it not happen.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh wow, was not expecting to see a full episode parody of the 2007 movie Sunshine in the year 2022. I'm pretty sure they even used "Adagio in D Minor" at the end there, or at least a very similar sounding song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWmCKhBmFVY&ab_channel=ZenaXProductions

Yeah, it was a soundalike track. The original is one of my favourite pieces of music, it’s so good.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
future roger's fate is hilarious and horrible in equal measure – what a weird timeline for this episode since it links to so many previous episodes for its structure, too

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TheFattestPat posted:

Roger met himself and they didn't boink? I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it not happen.

How could Past Roger possibly compete with the Sun for Future Roger's affection?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Neeksy posted:

i think the joke is that soso's is the inferior chain restaurant to pizza overlord

Right, but I feel like I haven't seen Pizza Overlord in a while in general. I guess it makes sense that Sub Hub would be in more of the spotlight though.

MikusR posted:

He had Sun Madness.

A fair point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hulu did not get this week's episode next day so it is probably right back to waiting forever for new episodes.