Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
“22 short films about Springfield but it’s YouTube” sounds like a suggestion I would pitch if I had been just told some terrible personal news but had been unexpectedly called on in the writer’s room. Hollow-eyed sunken stare looking up prices for hospices and then Al Jean says “haven’t heard anything from you in a while, any ideas?” And it’s either this or “what if Lisa becomes a v-tuber”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The question is - when his wife goes "Al, lets have seeeeex!" and he says no, is he saying "Uh, no Peg." or the even better "Uh, no peg."

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Uh.nopeg

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Do I look like I know what a nopeg is?!?!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
hellno.peg

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
suddenly occurs to me that when Julie Kavner dies Alex Borstein will take over as Marge.

well, off to bed. god bless.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Homaah!

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
If they can A.I. up Darth Vader's voice, why not Marge's voice when the inevitable happens?

EDIT: Which would be cheaper? That's what they'll end up going with

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Marge, but with Darth Vader's voice.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Surprised there's no talking pie episode yet

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Marge would be played by Harvey Fierstein if there was any justice in the world.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Das Boo posted:

Marge would be played by Harvey Fierstein if there was any justice in the world.

Just cut out the middle-Marge and have Homer marry Karl

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Surprised there's no talking pie episode yet

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Hey guys, remember how Disney owns the Simpsons now? Do ya? Ok just checking. Disney owns the Simpsons now

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Disney owns a franchise that has gotten exponentially worst? Crazy

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/toonsgowild/status/1575561827014299648?s=46&t=Byfk5x5SjPO7Syl5eN-cXg

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Who amongst us wouldn't given the chance?

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Josh Kloss.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
In the new one, Homer feels insecure about being dumb so sets about proving his intelligence by finding the zoo's missing tortoise, Slow Leonard. No one believes his theory that the tortoise was kidnapped, so he gets on a Facelook group and becomes an internet conspiracy detective.

Homer and the internet randos (assortment of side characters) cook up a bunch of far-out conspiracies. Homer finds the tortoise offscreen but doesn't tell anyone so he can keep being important to the group.

Marge shows them the tortoise and they all get depressed and then decide that they can just solve other "mysteries".

https://twitter.com/TheSimpsons/status/1574194822981771271

- Mayor Quimby sounds wrong now
- Gil and Ms. Hoover are in the group and fall in love and get married
- Sideshow Mel sounds wrong now
- Superintendent Chalmers sings a conspiracy-themed song set to the tune of "Don't Know Much About History" at the wedding.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Stop trying to force 'The Simpsons predicted the future'! That's never been a thing!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It really is basically just a show written entirely out of first drafts signed off on so everyone can go back to drinking, cocaine and/or Twitter.

edogawa rando posted:

Marge, but with Darth Vader's voice.

Marge Vader

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Oct 1, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Did somebody say Just Eat?

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

In the new one, Homer feels insecure about being dumb so sets about proving his intelligence by finding the zoo's missing tortoise, Slow Leonard. No one believes his theory that the tortoise was kidnapped, so he gets on a Facelook group and becomes an internet conspiracy detective.

Homer and the internet randos (assortment of side characters) cook up a bunch of far-out conspiracies. Homer finds the tortoise offscreen but doesn't tell anyone so he can keep being important to the group.

Marge shows them the tortoise and they all get depressed and then decide that they can just solve other "mysteries".

https://twitter.com/TheSimpsons/status/1574194822981771271

- Mayor Quimby sounds wrong now
- Gil and Ms. Hoover are in the group and fall in love and get married
- Sideshow Mel sounds wrong now
- Superintendent Chalmers sings a conspiracy-themed song set to the tune of "Don't Know Much About History" at the wedding.

Thank you for your service in watching this show that I once loved and showing just how far it has fallen.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Why the gently caress does modern Simpsons love to throw random shadows on things that are inconsistent with light sources?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
sad. they used to just throw shade.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Same as the writers, the bare minimum to look like they're doing their job because gently caress it, no one cares.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I am watching scooby doo on zombie island and think this is possibly the only show that improved after thirty years on the air.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You may be on to something. Big difference between the two is that Scooby Doo wasn’t consistently on for fifty years and had the good sense to reboot itself a few times. Also Kasey Kasem wasn’t being dragged into the recording booth when it was obvious that his health was fading.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I was just thinking lately that Scooby-Doo has shown considerable staying power. A lot of it seems to be how it plays with its formula. Some versions follow it completely, others play around with it or subvert it or parody it, but the formula is always the reference point. Whatever happens, there's always a foundation to fall back on. At the end of the day, basically everybody knows what a Scooby-Doo plot is. It can always be renewed for a new generation because it'll always be new to somebody.

Or maybe I'm just on my third beer. Anyway.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I think the 10th-season Futurama ep where they parody Scooby-Doo is loving hilarious

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

You Are A Elf posted:

Why the gently caress does modern Simpsons love to throw random shadows on things that are inconsistent with light sources?

It's like they've heard that shadows are a thing and should probably occasionally include them, but don't actually know how they work and aren't interested enough to learn.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Keromaru5 posted:

I was just thinking lately that Scooby-Doo has shown considerable staying power. A lot of it seems to be how it plays with its formula. Some versions follow it completely, others play around with it or subvert it or parody it, but the formula is always the reference point. Whatever happens, there's always a foundation to fall back on. At the end of the day, basically everybody knows what a Scooby-Doo plot is. It can always be renewed for a new generation because it'll always be new to somebody.

Or maybe I'm just on my third beer. Anyway.

A lot of kids like Scooby-Doo nowadays. Honestly it's always been watchable. The core cast are surprisingly solidly set up, and there's some actual good jokes even in the oldest stuff. Funny thing is that lot a lot of the newer ones remember that Shaggy usually got the funniest lines. (Apparently possibly ad-libbed, Casey Kasem used to be a radio DJ)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A lot of kids like Scooby-Doo nowadays. Honestly it's always been watchable. The core cast are surprisingly solidly set up, and there's some actual good jokes even in the oldest stuff. Funny thing is that lot a lot of the newer ones remember that Shaggy usually got the funniest lines. (Apparently possibly ad-libbed, Casey Kasem used to be a radio DJ)

"Used to", Casey's Countdown was a mainstay through like the 2000s

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

"Used to", Casey's Countdown was a mainstay through like the 2000s

There's some satellite radio station that still plays reruns of it too. I think synched up to the matching month and day. Maybe just on the weekends though.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Hrist posted:

There's some satellite radio station that still plays reruns of it too. I think synched up to the matching month and day. Maybe just on the weekends though.

always a a "middle of nowhere on a road trip, this is the only station that works" classic

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
he read all the autobot books I had as a kid.

He read me a story every night and is my real dad.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
All I know from new Scooby Doo is that version where Shaggy dumped Velma for Scooby and she's still pissed about it. It sounds more sordid than it plays out, but that's exactly how she puts it.

And it's loving hilarious.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Everything just looks so lifeless and flat. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Mandatory link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndUk6yX3PBo