Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
They made a podcast for a video game game game game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

They made a podcast for a video game game game game.

And we made a game about that....podcast

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So what actually happened for those of us who don't have the game game game game...?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

One of the characters listens to a paranormal investigation podcast that comes up in the story a few times. It's hosted by a true believer trying to convince her sceptic partner. At the end you hear a full episode where they cover the events of the game

They are played by Emily Axford and Brian Murphy

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
mixed bag is a 2 part return to HOT BOY SUMMER

this time they go to burning man

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Farg posted:

mixed bag is a 2 part return to HOT BOY SUMMER

this time they go to burning man

10 minutes in and it’s already perfection

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I really need to upgrade my patreon I think

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I upgraded my Patreon, recopied my RSS link and I still am not getting any Mixed Bags.

Edit: Wait, my podcast manager was loving up and also there are fewer mixed bags than I was expecting.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 2, 2022

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I wasn't super excited about this segment but I didn't realize that someone sent in an absolutely insane idea for throwing dice at other dice to change their rolls that was probably specifically tailor-made to appeal to Emily and enrage Murph.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

docbeard posted:

I wasn't super excited about this segment but I didn't realize that someone sent in an absolutely insane idea for throwing dice at other dice to change their rolls that was probably specifically tailor-made to appeal to Emily and enrage Murph.

I was fond of the segment overall, but agreed that Emily constantly fidgeting and slamming dice together throughout the whole thing was incredible yeah

Jake (I think) floated another segment idea in the most recent d&d court called "tales from the toxic table" which I hope becomes real. A lot of the fun of some of the d&d court stories has been learning about some of the bizarre attitudes that some people bring to the table (i wish i could remember the exact phrasing, but the phrase "a terse conversation that i did not enjoy" has lived in my head rent-free ever since it came up in an episode months ago), so just fully leaning into that for a segment every couple of months would be fun I think

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFN23fTs3M0
Please enjoy this hour of Murph freaking out

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Today's pod is video style! Warning: The mixing sucks and you're gonna have to keep a hand on the volume knob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXAWFqs2BRg

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Those jeans were extra distressed.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Not Operator posted:

Those jeans were extra distressed.

"we're all wearing fancy dresses and suits" *camera zooms out to reveal pants with a hole big enough for a small animal to crawl through*

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Jake both does and does not look how I pictured. How confusing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sankara posted:

Jake both does and does not look how I pictured. How confusing.

Look at this buster that hasn't watched all of Jake & Amir.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Caldwell is the one I was most surprised by when I first saw what he looked like. Him and Branson Reese are both tall guys with Short Guy Energy (I guess in Caldwell's case it doesn't help that most of his characters are little guys)

...at least I think he's tall, I just realized he's always been sitting down when I see him. He's certainly buff, anyway

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The thing that alway gets me about Caldwell is his goddamn Superman jawline.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

caldwell's pretty short i think, if i'm recalling some drawfee goofs correctly

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

kidcoelacanth posted:

caldwell's pretty short i think, if i'm recalling some drawfee goofs correctly

You're never gonna believe this

Obviously you can't trust these lovely Celeb Networth sites. I'm just howling at the idea of an NBA player weighing as much as a 12 year old.

There's a picture of him next to a residential door, which are typically 6'8". I'd place him at 5'9".

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 19, 2022

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

the most elusive creature of all--an average height man with short guy energy that makes you think he's tall when you look at him sitting down

also, i am really truly distracted by emily's pants in this video. not in a creeper way, purely in a "why haven't you thrown those away yet" way

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The thing that alway gets me about Caldwell is his goddamn Superman jawline.

that's what always throws me, dude looks fairly expected from his voice but he's got a loving jaw like an Action Comics headliner for a dude who's main creative output is 'I like drawing/being silly little guys'.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

The short rests really go places sometimes.

e: unlike Frozen 2 spoiler warnings, this one isn't even a joke.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"They laughed at Jesus because he was right" as a riff was really great

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

First animorphs, now this

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Ainsley McTree posted:

First animorphs, now this

What are they onto now?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

tsob posted:

What are they onto now?

the emotional masterpiece of our time, All Dogs Go To Heaven

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

the emotional masterpiece of our time, All Dogs Go To Heaven

I always wait until Thursdays to listen to the Short Rest so I don't know exactly how they get on the topic of All Dogs Go To Heaven, but I absolutely love that you can pretty much assume they're citing it as precedent for some PC or NPC's afterlife journey in a home game

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

timp posted:

I always wait until Thursdays to listen to the Short Rest so I don't know exactly how they get on the topic of All Dogs Go To Heaven, but I absolutely love that you can pretty much assume they're citing it as precedent for some PC or NPC's afterlife journey in a home game

you're giving them way too much credit

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

you're giving them way too much credit

Yeah, that level of thematic consistency might hold for the main feed but the Short Rest is just as likely to be halfway devoted to Murph getting very strident about his idea for a Fred Flinstone costume or them saying X can Clump! thirty seven times a minute.

(None of this is a complaint)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It’s a podcast of extremes and both extremes are amazing

My wife got a dropout subscription and we’ve been watching fantasy high and it’s kind of funny how high strung Murph is as a player in a mainstream campaign. The man is displeased by the sight of low numbers on the dice

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
A NaDDPod video popped up in my YouTube feed the other day, by the way, for anyone who hasn't caught up yet to current stuff. Which is, I'm presuming, the latest D'n'D Court, but done as both a video on YouTube and a podcast. It's functionally no different than listening to it via a podcast, but it's fun seeing the 4 goofballs sat around a table talking through things. I'm months behind on NaDDPod by now, having not listened to anything past episode 11 of season 3, but it's a D'n'D Court episode, so it's fine for anyone not up to current.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I CAN 1V1 A BIRD*

*most birds

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 1, 2022

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Birdman with the telescope would be super broken.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Xand_Man posted:

I CAN 1V1 A BIRD*

*most birds

I agree with Murph. I’d simply put the cassowary in a sleeper hold.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

They promised DRAMA and they were not wrong.

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

docbeard posted:

They promised DRAMA and they were not wrong.

I cackled like goddamn monster at the 'he confessed he had feelings for my girlfriend as well' bit.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It seems like the only thing they're uploading to their YouTube channel for the moment is the monthly D'n'D Court session (but not the extra cases for Patreon), and it's worth watching this months just for that one case. The turn on everyone's face when Emily gets to the second proviso is...well, dramatic. The dog camera one has some good faces/reactions too.

Also, I've never seen how tall Aabria is, but I'm guessing she's a good bit taller than Caldwell from the way the two of them look sat next to each other.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The bonus cases are also on YouTube, you just have to go through patreon to get there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Oh interesting, thanks for the heads up. That's another few videos to watch.