Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There has to be a way where it's okay to show sex and naked people in movies or tv and it be positive and fun, not awful and horrible and exploitative

Russ Meyer figured this out 70 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

What is this flute thing people keep talking about

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Just the flute, bro

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fried Watermelon posted:

lizzo spit in dolly madison's face

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Apparently James Madison had a crystal flute, and Lizzo played it, and people who had never heard of this flute or had opinions on presidential instruments last week have decided that this was the most important historical event of the decade and/or an irrecoverable humiliation for our national pride

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

the library of congress tried to drop a collab

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The flute awakens the dragon that guards the hoard of national treasure beneath the capital - all of the illuminati blackmail on every politician dating back to colonial times

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

There are people who sit through entire movies instead of just reading the plot summary on wikipediea? What the actual gently caress?!?

Everyone knows the only thing worth investing your time in is reading the forums and charting how its membership dwindles down to a tiny group of twitchy old people with victorian levels of obsession over manners and sexual morality.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

"story" is like the least interesting thing in any given movie. stories are to tell babies at bedtime. i watch movies to see cool stuff happen.

Unironically how my wife approaches most media. In grad school we would get drunk and watch Labyrinth together once every month or two, and after a half-dozen viewings she turns to me and says "wait, is this movie about growing up?!" with zero irony in her voice.

mastershakeman posted:

Can't believe everyone is ignoring the sea sow Luke milks in the last Jedi

I love that scene so much https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0XqMIL6T-g

Can't believe people think this movie is bad.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

james madison's crystal flute

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

an event that would have triggered a race riot 50 years ago

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nonsense posted:

an event that would have triggered a race riot 50 years ago

the Jethro Cull

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

Christ I saw that clip of Lizzo playing the flute a few days ago and thought ‘oh that’s fun and cute’ and of course it becomes a huge culture war tornado of poo poo

smdh

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
As a former band nerd Lizzo is the current face of our movement, so I support her 100%.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

mastershakeman posted:

Can't believe everyone is ignoring the sea sow Luke milks in the last Jedi
those are udders

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1575858041701879810

nothing can remain dead.

I mean yeah yeah, "six seasons and a movie" but I don't see how they top their S6 finale as a send off

You just gatta make stuff, so it never has to die.
Forever. forever. forever. forever

Casey Finnigan posted:

avatar was bad when it came out. People made fun of it a lot for being a white savior story with blue space indians and for the "unobtanium" bit and just like the general half-assedness of the world building

On the other hand there's a surprisingly large number of people with a fetish for the blue avatar people

My folks saw that film, told me about, then later one told me about it again, but because of the generic rear end name, and the way they talk, I had no clue what they were talking about. And they got kind of pissy at me. Between internet pictures, air benders and it being used as an obscure video game term, it was not my fault.

Then they watched the movie a second time at home, and when a character said 'goddamn' my parents were shocked by it. 'I don't remember this."

They eventually changed the channel. That flick cannot be watched at home on anything less than 16k tv that blows out all your senses.

Also ryan davis is great R.I.P.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_xcX3pYaXY

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Zoracle Zed
Jul 10, 2001
i rewatched the abyss recently and it got me legitimately psyched for avatar: the way of water. cameron is a genius even at sea level and just gets better with depth

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

lmao

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1575858041701879810

nothing can remain dead.

I mean yeah yeah, "six seasons and a movie" but I don't see how they top their S6 finale as a send off

yvette nicole brown and donald glover both aren't in it so it's probably not going to be great

although this got me to rewatch the table read of Cooperative Polygraphy. Pedro Pascal not being able to get through the bequeathing is loving hilarious

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

tristeham posted:

freddie gibbs' new album is good

it's my album of the year

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Dreylad posted:

yvette nicole brown and donald glover both aren't in it so it's probably not going to be great

although this got me to rewatch the table read of Cooperative Polygraphy. Pedro Pascal not being able to get through the bequeathing is loving hilarious

bring back Keith David and Paget Brewster

Nichael has issued a correction as of 03:15 on Oct 2, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Nichael posted:

bring back Keith David and Pager Brewster

this mf said pager

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Wait is this flute like a fragile museum piece she grabbed out of its airtight case with unwashed hands and just started jamming on it, or is it like “Line to play Madison’s Magic Flute begins here, $5 entry fee.”?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they let her play it cause she's a celebrity who cares

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

why are there 2000 flutes at the library of congress anyway

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

galagazombie posted:

Wait is this flute like a fragile museum piece she grabbed out of its airtight case with unwashed hands and just started jamming on it, or is it like “Line to play Madison’s Magic Flute begins here, $5 entry fee.”?

come on man

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yvette Nicole Brown is a khive lunatic but I agree it's not promising that they couldn't get Donald Glover back

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I think the best sex scene is from The Terminator

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I bet it would've been tight to shoot some lasers through that crystal flute while she was playing it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Fleetwood posted:

I think the best sex scene is from The Terminator

where she lets a homeless schizophrenic hit raw and direct deposit within 24 hours? yeah

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

indigi posted:

where she lets a homeless schizophrenic hit raw and direct deposit within 24 hours? yeah

it is pretty crazy that Kyle Reese wears the sweat pants with the skid marks throughout the movie

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

loquacius posted:

The fact that music is still horny as hell definitely points to corporate consolidation in visual media being a pretty big culprit here

Speaking of which,

https://twitter.com/qweermudgeon/status/1575691713246478338?t=f9RPcWFRWwLibctj2qjV2w&s=09

Lizzo should have destroyed the flute. The whole criticism of her playing the flute assumes she destroyed it. This post implies she destroyed it for a good reason. Everyone wants that flute smashed.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

indigi posted:

this mf said pager

please excuse me, i have delaware brains. someday i will become a biden and i ever so kindly ask that my friends euthanize me at this point.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

Lizzo should have destroyed the flute. The whole criticism of her playing the flute assumes she destroyed it. This post implies she destroyed it for a good reason. Everyone wants that flute smashed.

perhaps the beatification of slaveholders and their artifacts is bad for america

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

thing #952 wrong with that tweet is its implicit agreement with the right-wing premise that touching a black person renders a priceless artifact useless

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

thing #952 wrong with that tweet is its implicit agreement with the right-wing premise that touching a black person renders a priceless artifact useless

liberals are deranged

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Liberala have reinvented the idea of segregation but its woke. So yeah extremely deranged

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Liberals never actually questioned or revised any of their bigoted assumptions, just decided they were actually good things, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’ve been rewatching moral Orel and I’m about to start season 3, really rough poo poo