Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oatmeal raisin cookies are way better than chocolate chip lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
If oatmeal raisin cookies were called like "sultana oat biscuits" you fools would recognize the vile British culinary touch and repent

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I mean all cookies pale in comparison to the fudge dipped shortbread but cmon now

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
It's not so much that oatmeal raisin cookies are bad on their own, but they suck if you bite into what you expect to be a chocolate chip cookie and get that. It's like when you tip back a glass of ice water and it's full of Sprite.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Shun the pernicious raisin and embrace the nobility of the pistachio in your oatmeal cookie experience. Delightful

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Soul Dentist posted:

If oatmeal raisin cookies were called like "sultana oat biscuits" you fools would recognize the vile British culinary touch and repent

As someone raised in a colony I would recognise a sultana oat biscuit without having to translate it into my native language - English - from seppo and so able to get one even faster.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Shun the pernicious raisin and embrace the nobility of the pistachio in your oatmeal cookie experience. Delightful

pistachios are good on anything though

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
If you can't see the oats in your oatmeal raisin cookie, you are using the wrong recipe. Use the one under the lid of the Quaker Oats canister, and you will have yummy, unmistakable oatmeal cookies. :c00lbert:

fake edit: omg :thunkin:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Oh man, my wife occasionally makes a batch of oatmeal cookies with dried cranberries, chopped pistachios, and white chocolate chips and it's the best goddamn thing. And I usually hate oatmeal cookies.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Railing Kill posted:

It's not so much that oatmeal raisin cookies are bad on their own, but they suck if you bite into what you expect to be a chocolate chip cookie and get that. It's like when you tip back a glass of ice water and it's full of Sprite.

If you can't feel the difference between oatmeal raisin cookies and chocolate chip cookies...

Also, Sprite is carbonated, so you should see bubbles in it.

What I'm saying is that you might wanna see a doctor...

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
GORP: The Cookie

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Railing Kill posted:

Sounds like your real issue is being lied to, and that's compounded by dashed expectations.

That's not the cookies fault.
Oatmeal raisin supremacy forever.

Valency
Feb 3, 2010

HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT

Oatmeal raisin's only crime is its not oatmeal chocolate chip.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

All cookies are beautiful

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Milo and POTUS posted:

All cookies are beautiful

So that's what that stands for! I see it spray-painted all over the place.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Railing Kill posted:

I've never seen my wife's expression go for utter delight to soul crushing despair as quickly as when she bit into a raisin cookie thinking it was chocolate chip one.

Americans like to invest too much into these things, is my yurotrash take.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Jesus christ there should be a forums-wide ban on mentioning food. Goons absolutely cannot help but fall over themselves to say what foods they like or don't like, as though anyone could possibly care.

Unlike me, an enlightened person, who cannot help but fall over himself to say what discussion topics he likes and dislikes.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Valency posted:

Oatmeal raisin's only crime is its not oatmeal chocolate chip.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Cool Dad posted:

Jesus christ there should be a forums-wide ban on mentioning food. Goons absolutely cannot help but fall over themselves to say what foods they like or don't like, as though anyone could possibly care.

Unlike me, an enlightened person, who cannot help but fall over himself to say what discussion topics he likes and dislikes.

Food details can be good and fun, which is more than I can say for bitching about food derails.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Cool Dad posted:

Agreed, it's incredibly bizarre

Plastik posted:

Food details can be good and fun, which is more than I can say for bitching about food derails.

Wrong,

And to get this back on track, I will post The Best kind of cookie, which no on can deny

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

trapped mouse posted:

I don't think it's super funny but it IS super catchy. Plus banana bread tastes awesome. Only thing wrong with this recipe is the chocolate chips.

fake edit:

Banana walnut is amazing, my mom makes a bomb-rear end loaf once in a while (plus pumpkin bread with raisins...put a little butter on & it's heavenly)

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My friend used an AI art app to make Elvis slow dancing with a pug:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Not a hound dog?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Is it just me or do these AI things not have people's upper lips figured out yet? Even the ones that only do cartoon caricatures make everyone look like they've got a really severe cleft palate.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would imagine it is the same reason they struggle with faces generally, because the training corpus will have a lot of different possibilities in the exact position of the facial features and humans move their lips a lot, particularly the upper one.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Mister Speaker posted:

Is it just me or do these AI things not have people's upper lips figured out yet? Even the ones that only do cartoon caricatures make everyone look like they've got a really severe cleft palate.

I mean, Elvis couldn't figure out Elvis's upper lip.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/AFC_GLEN/status/1575942075287158785

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

PittTheElder posted:

For real, people gotta stop loving up their banana bread with chocolate. If you really want to try and improve basic banana bread, add raisins and some cinnamon.

Soul Dentist posted:

My friend used an AI art app to make Elvis slow dancing with a pug:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Holy poo poo that scared my dog haha

e: the laughing

a sexual elk has a new favorite as of 00:52 on Oct 2, 2022

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lobok posted:

Not a hound dog?

Naw, they’re no friends of his

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

https://youtu.be/PEfZG9OSytA

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

heard everyone at this taping died of asphyxiation because they couldn't stop laughing :rip:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

That’s pretty good

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I can hear at least three Jimmy Carrs in there.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

They don't have Rich Evans so that doesn't count

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

Elissimpark posted:

It took me a minute to realise he wasn't talking about DJ Catnip from Gabby's Dollhouse.

Oh please, DJ Catnip is also clearly a stoner.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

mobby_6kl posted:

They don't have Rich Evans so that doesn't count

No Kawhi Leonard. 4/10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3zc68KfSsE

heh HUAH heh

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Listen, not everyone was as fortunate as you and could afford laughing lessons when we were young. This is why I’ve resolved to make sure my kids have everything I didn’t. Laughter coaches. Posting tutors. Detailed hygiene instructors. “When to talk about video games and anime” guidance.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Paladinus posted:

I can hear at least three Jimmy Carrs in there.

I believe three or more Jimmy Carrs are referred to as a beleaguering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Robobot posted:

I believe three or more Jimmy Carrs are referred to as a beleaguering.

The proper term is a tax haven.