Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The Traveler is going to save Teyvat from the tyranny of Celestia one cheesy date at a time.

The final battle with the sibling is going to happen not from a difference of philosophical opinion, but from them freaking out wondering why the gently caress we're dating literally every powerful waifu and husbando on the whole continent at the same time, Tsarista included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I picked up a random Skyward Pride from the standard banner today - who is this practical on? It seems like it’d need to be a physical-first claymore user that can stay on field for a bit. So…Razor and Eula? Maybe just Eula since she can actually make use of the ER? Or do I just give it to a support for the ER alone?

Or can Noelle make use of this thing? I’ve always wanted a reason to build her as a carry even though mine is only C4.

Anno fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Oct 1, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
on Noelle it is weaker than Whiteblind although it does bring some much-needed ER.

It's actually decent on Itto, better than WB for him.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Hm, I really want Kuki, but I also don't want either of these two 5 stars. I learned way back with Albedo's debut that it's a terrible idea to bet against getting the 5* to preserve your guarantee for a future banner, but on the other hand... I want Kuki.

On the other other hand, I also want Nahida for ultimate Dendro power. But Nahida is also a baby... Which is bad. Gah, I'm so conflicted.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 1, 2022

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Anora posted:

not a fan of the fact that the first message you get back from CS when reporting a bug is "Are you sure you don't suck rear end at puzzles"

Well do you?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Anora posted:

not a fan of the fact that the first message you get back from CS when reporting a bug is "Are you sure you don't suck rear end at puzzles"
Having worked business software CS in a previous life, this is almost always the correct answer whenever anyone reports anything. I can only imagine that's doubly so in gaming, especially the cesspit that is mobile gaming. It's neat they're even remotely allowed to insinuate something like that instead of a bland-and-inoffensive-as-possible-template response.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

Anora posted:

Post the bug here and have goons tell you if you do suck rear end at puzzles.

For the record, I've been incredibly pissed at invisible walls blocking my progress (turned out I needed to drain something first), Kameras not picking up things I needed to photograph (turned out I had to use the Take Photo in the UI), and missing clues to torch arrangements (turned out to be on the ceiling). Sometimes you need to be in the right frame of mind to tackle puzzles.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

sushibandit posted:

Having worked business software CS in a previous life, this is almost always the correct answer whenever anyone reports anything. I can only imagine that's doubly so in gaming, especially the cesspit that is mobile gaming. It's neat they're even remotely allowed to insinuate something like that instead of a bland-and-inoffensive-as-possible-template response.

I still work CS and half the tickets are user error. I try to ease the info into them because I dont want them to feel dumb. No lady, the webapp wasn't down you were just using the wrong URL but I'll play around and say it might have changed and you should update your bookmarks so it doesnt happen again.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
For some reason Sara decided to show up on my standard banner tonight. I guess nobody told her I've already got a corvid-themed electro archer on the team. Little awkward.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Anno posted:

I picked up a random Skyward Pride from the standard banner today - who is this practical on? It seems like it’d need to be a physical-first claymore user that can stay on field for a bit. So…Razor and Eula? Maybe just Eula since she can actually make use of the ER? Or do I just give it to a support for the ER alone?

It's DPS Xinyan's BiS.
It's better than most of the gacha 4*s on Diluc, though Rainslasher can be better in some teams (and Serpent Spine is better in general)
It's decent on Beidou though Akuoumaru is better if she doesn't need the ER. Serpent Spine and other 5*s are also obviously better.
It's pretty good on Eula, though again, Serpent Spine is better.
Itto and Noelle have no particular use for it unless they need the ER.

Essentially, it's a weapon that most Claymore users can use as a statstick if they want the ER, but the only character that really wants it is Xinyan.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Serpent Spine makes me nervous unless I'm also using Zhongli in the same team and Skyward Pride makes cool vacuum slashes. It might be statistically worse but it's not like anything in the game requires absolute optimal play and it's Good Enough for most folks, imo.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 1, 2022

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Until they introduce weapon glamours, serpent spine is on offield chars only for me. It's super ugly.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Thanks folks. I guess for now I’ll stick to my Serpent Spine, but it’s good to know this is a decent all around weapon for a future claymore person. And I do like the aesthetics - maybe there will be an anemo claymore DPS at some point where it’ll fit in all the way.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's been a longstanding rumor that the main writer of Genshin left around Zhongli 2's quest, and due to how fast Genshin's workflow is, it didn't take until around Yae/Raiden 2's quest for the new writers to settle in for the voiced content production.

Because there's no real reason as we see with Sumeru that they had to rush production to make Inazuma 2 patches, other than "well poo poo, our main writer left. We have to redesign the whole story."

(One of the more accurate leaks had the original Inazuma story be about Raiden Shogun already being dead, and finding candidates to replace her. This includes Ayaka, a character that has severely been downgraded in importance compared to Ninguang or Cyno so far.)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tae posted:

There's been a longstanding rumor that the main writer of Genshin left around Zhongli 2's quest, and due to how fast Genshin's workflow is, it didn't take until around Yae/Raiden 2's quest for the new writers to settle in for the voiced content production.

Because there's no real reason as we see with Sumeru that they had to rush production to make Inazuma 2 patches, other than "well poo poo, our main writer left. We have to redesign the whole story."

(One of the more accurate leaks had the original Inazuma story be about Raiden Shogun already being dead, and finding candidates to replace her. This includes Ayaka, a character that has severely been downgraded in importance compared to Ninguang or Cyno so far.)

That poo poo usually doesnt happen like that. In a game like this the scenario of how its going to play out is written years before its actually implemented. Thats the entire point of the Tayvat chapter video they put out before the game officially launched. Theres not going to be much deviation from the original plan and all writers are going to be on the same boat since they might write a particular character and their quest and it needs to mesh with the rest of the scenario.

And even though Genshin has a tight patch schedule, the actual amount of main story text in each chapter isn't that much when say compared to FFXIV. Burnout seems unlikely unless they had the writer do ALL of the text in the game. Im more inclined to just assume that any shortcommings in inazuma were covid related. Just about every studio got hit with it and Mihoyo all things considered handled it better than most.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Oh cool an invisible boss I can't hit on a time trial. No worries, it's all good. Who needs dendro+electro when you've got hydro and more hydro? Hydro is always the right choice :v:

Dendro MC sure is unimpressive even at c4 with a mistsplitter and all the abyss bonuses. Even when I get a hydro-infused burst with enemies inside it's just a dendro nothingburger.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

This game needs a training dummy or something. How do you try out new teams when everything dies by the time you get the third character's burst out? I mean I guess that means it's working but still.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I use Shenhe/Kazuha/Kokomi/Ayaka and Rational for abyss and have done so since I got all the characters in them. Irregardless of enemies or current buffs.

Nothing has failed to die in months. I love it. Lazy abyss is best abyss.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

This game needs a training dummy or something. How do you try out new teams when everything dies by the time you get the third character's burst out? I mean I guess that means it's working but still.

The nameless samurai dude works okay. He's reasonably tanky and you can fight him as many times as you want.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Vargs posted:

The nameless samurai dude works okay. He's reasonably tanky and you can fight him as many times as you want.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him. Doesn't he do the annoying block thing though? Guess it's better than what I've been doing so far.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Sumeru has that one underground boss fight that you can ask the nearby aranaras to respawn, too.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Anora posted:

screenshot required

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
New abyss is quite fun, I like the eremites + kairagi fights and the spawns were reasonable too. 12-2-2 and 12-3-2 has some heavy trolling potential if you run a burst combo squad. The fact that I forgot the right timings to commit on kenki didn't help.

Kenki managed to teleport dodge the sara ult into yae ult combo twice, while the ruin sentinel boss did the same 3 times with his split move. Whiffing enough damage to kill another boss and some extras made this run much closer than it should have been but we are still far from inazuma dps requirements.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Clarste posted:

Hm, I really want Kuki, but I also don't want either of these two 5 stars. I learned way back with Albedo's debut that it's a terrible idea to bet against getting the 5* to preserve your guarantee for a future banner, but on the other hand... I want Kuki.

On the other other hand, I also want Nahida for ultimate Dendro power. But Nahida is also a baby... Which is bad. Gah, I'm so conflicted.

How close are you to a 5 star? If you're not near soft pity, toss some pulls. If you're near a guarantee or 50/50, hold off.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Main desert quest: Man, I thought that the game was gonna pull a slight misdirect with Cyno teaching Candace how to "persuade" prisoners, but no, he really just taught her how to beat the poo poo out of them lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I missed the login gifts. I'm glad we have another one coming in two weeks.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Rip.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

I missed the login gifts. I'm glad we have another one coming in two weeks.

I thought you still have time? I think it's any 7 days before the 8th? Unless I misread it. God the hoyoverse site is an unusable piece of poo poo. Makes SA look modern.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I thought you still have time? I think it's any 7 days before the 8th? Unless I misread it. God the hoyoverse site is an unusable piece of poo poo. Makes SA look modern.

Seems pretty straightforward to me, just log in 7 days out of the 17 days the event is running for.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ninjoatse.cx posted:

How close are you to a 5 star? If you're not near soft pity, toss some pulls. If you're near a guarantee or 50/50, hold off.

I'm at around 30 iirc. When does the soft pity start again?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1575979029655654412

The Primal Ember from here was the one I guided to the torch, now it wants me to guide it again, but the sconce is empty. Here's the other one, also empty and the lit torch:

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1576139919348699136

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

I meant of the CS response!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Clarste posted:

I'm at around 30 iirc. When does the soft pity start again?

Mid 70's. I thought it was 75, but Paimon.moe shows a spike in people getting 5 stars at wish 74.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Mid 70's. I thought it was 75, but Paimon.moe shows a spike in people getting 5 stars at wish 74.

Okay, I pulled up to 70 and got both Candance and Kuki without breaking my guarantee, which I call progress. Thanks!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I've seen a person here or there express annoyance or boredom at the quest chains out in the desert and the ruin spelunking but I'm absolutely living for this poo poo. Give me all the sunken desert ruins to explore for eternity. This poo poo is mega rad. loving loving all these Tomb Raider puzzles.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I enjoy them generally, but I'm not a fan of the way the underground labyrinths make the map useless.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 2, 2022

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

I enjoy them generally, but I'm not a fan of the way the unground labyrinths make the map useless.

Yeah, if the last survey hadn't glitched out on me, I would have suggested layered overworld maps if they intend to keep doing this underground stuff because otherwise they really are useless for finding poo poo you couldn't do when you first found it.

Almost would like an in-game note taking function or something as well, pins can only do so much.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Tree Reformat posted:

Yeah, if the last survey hadn't glitched out on me, I would have suggested layered overworld maps if they intend to keep doing this underground stuff because otherwise they really are useless for finding poo poo you couldn't do when you first found it.

Almost would like an in-game note taking function or something as well, pins can only do so much.

This is compounded by the fact that you're actually discouraged from fully exploring everything as you go because of the Clearance system.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I have to stop and remind myself it’s permanent content and not an event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Clarste posted:

This is compounded by the fact that you're actually discouraged from fully exploring everything as you go because of the Clearance system.

It's a very "no dessert until you've finished your dinner" sort of design, and it's rather annoying. It'd be fine if you ended up with a high enough clearance before you left for the next stop on the quest, but it seems they would simply prefer you do just what the quest says and then go exploring later.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Main desert quest: Man, I thought that the game was gonna pull a slight misdirect with Cyno teaching Candace how to "persuade" prisoners, but no, he really just taught her how to beat the poo poo out of them lol

It sounded like she had that all in hand through the door, so I assumed that his comment about trading tips later was more collegial than instructive. Kinda interesting that the eng script said interrogation, but in japanese he just straight-up said torture, though