Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 65 days!

John Romero posted:

i started playing it and thought you were insane but it got jankier the more i played. maybe the original was like that idk. its cool as hell tho!

these two patches fixed a lot of the issues i was having.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like RE6

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's more memorable than 5 at least

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

6 has fun combat and the story does have some typically extremely retarded RE elements but it didn't click as much as most RE games have for me. It would be higher than re7 if it wasn't overly long imo.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Re8 village is extremely good but i cant help feeling it should have been double the length. So many cool ideas that i feel were pretty rushed through

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it's such an insane game I can't help but respect it. You never know what the next room is going to hold, it could be the inexplicable scene where you walk through a series of metal cubes and mash a QTE to turn a wheel to open the doors and do this multiple times in succession for no reason, or maybe Jake will suddenly realise he fistfight turbo-nemesis and the controls will turn into a brawler for a dramatic fistfight

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

croup coughfield posted:

these two patches fixed a lot of the issues i was having.

thank u

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I like RE 6 better than 5 mostly because it made playing solo way less of a slog by way of not having to manage your AI partner’s health, inventory, etc. You just do your thing. The combat and mobility options really shine, but the game barely teaches you about them so I understand why it was a frustrating experience for many people when taken with the unevenness of the campaigns. It goes so hard into pants on head territory though, I can’t help but like it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

man nurse posted:

I like RE 6 better than 5 mostly because it made playing solo way less of a slog by way of not having to manage your AI partner’s health, inventory, etc. You just do your thing.

Yeah that was a big reason why I liked it. Also more variety and like you said a pretty deece melee combat system

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

re6 also probably has the best mercenaries mode in the series. A big issue with the game is that while it has fantastic combat it never really teaches you how to play it and it has loads of completely secret/hidden mechanics that let you do sick stuff like sliding past a group of zombies, dropping a C4 on the ground and detonating it mid-slide, and the leve/mission design does its best to get in the way of enjoying it

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

it's October so it's time for my yearly ritual of setting up the PS2 and starting a new game in Silent Hill 2. hopefully I'll get a little bit further than last year playing in 15 minute increments before i almost have a heart attack. at this rate i'll clear it in 2043.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

also really tempted to get the Project Zero game on Switch

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
resident evil 6 is a fun game especially with co op but the game does a bad job of telling you how to play it there are much worse resident evil games

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

man nurse posted:

I like RE 6 better than 5 mostly because it made playing solo way less of a slog by way of not having to manage your AI partner’s health, inventory, etc. You just do your thing.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah that was a big reason why I liked it.
only way to play 5 is co-op with your best bud

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Falling in love with your homey because he’s playing as Sheva.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

That time Lotion Man said, "drat, synthy." because I was playing Honeydew Mei.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

understandable

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
RE6 is the only one I haven't replayed. Really disliked it but I played it completely solo. The revelations games are really fun.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i beat resident evil 0 which was much more painful and tedious than beating resident evil 6 thats my story

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i beat resident evil 0 which was much more painful and tedious than beating resident evil 6 thats my story

That and Code Veronica are the only “main” RE games I never beat

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That and Code Veronica are the only “main” RE games I never beat

Did you play Outbreak. It was good as hell

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

some plague rats posted:

Did you play Outbreak. It was good as hell

No, there’s a bunch of the side games I’ve never played or beaten

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

No, there’s a bunch of the side games I’ve never played or beaten

You didn't miss anything, Outbreak is the only good one unless you incorrectly count Revelations as side games

poo poo I want to play revelations 2 again now

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I played Outbreak 2 with some imps and In Training streamed it but unfortunately he deleted the VOD where I go ham on a boss with a fire axe because his mic picked up his mom talking to him about a Sting concert.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Kongming posted:

I played Outbreak 2 with some imps and In Training streamed it but unfortunately he deleted the VOD where I go ham on a boss with a fire axe because his mic picked up his mom talking to him about a Sting concert.

thought this was the dream thread lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Kongming posted:

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Kongming posted:

Lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Playing outbreak 1 and 2 with the imps was godlike

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 65 days!

Kongming posted:

lmao

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 65 days!
bring back the sting cut in training

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kongming posted:

Sub-Actuality posted:

lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kongming posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Kongming posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kongming posted:

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Outbreak games kick rear end. I also remember when we first tried the police station episode and only one person was left alive after 3 people got eaten in a huge wave right at the exit. And a later level where Cindy split up from the first room and got eaten by shark 3 seconds into the level.