Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The part near the end of the first The Game TrueAnon episode where Brace mentions addicts being incapable of being alone was very interesting to me, since that's the polar opposite of my personal experience. I know it's the case for many/most addicts, but not to the extent that almost everyone is apparently like that. I guess it connects somewhat to the "ritualistic" nature of using; if someone starts using among other addicts, that might become part of the experience/"ritual" for them. Since it started as a solitary/secretive thing for me, that became an integral part of it instead.

This series has been really good so far (finished the second episode). I think it's a great and very appropriate topic to do more of a "deep dive" series about. It's kind of funny how Liz is obviously trying to talk slower and they're trying to mimick a more serious/polished writing/presentation style (probably directly taking Blowback as inspiration, though they/Yung Chomsky can't exactly pull off that level of production quality).

Edit: Not really directly related, but I was just reminded of something interesting that happened. At my friend's belated bachelor party, one of the guys there (who is a liberal) mentioned listening to Blowback seasons 1 and 2. So they're at least getting some exposure among audiences who wouldn't normally partake in "leftist media."

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 02:29 on Oct 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Oh yeah? I was hosed by everyone in that picture. So by the transitive property… goddamnit

youre a slut

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Truancy-Bot posted:

Apparently sold out.

is the guy with grey hair on the left Rod Blagojevich

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

is the guy with grey hair on the left Rod Blagojevich

david gregory

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/charlesraustin/status/1576347960329502720?s=20&t=bByYSw4eDadgBTEr5qtxIA

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

youre a slut

Yes, and?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

They hosed with Tom Meyers and America’s people were informed and have responded in kind. Politipod marches on.

Truancy-Bot
May 9, 2012

eat a dick, truancy-bot
Intermission just ended. Will was twitching hardcore lol. Great reading series from an Obama speechwriter talking about how Obama opened his eyes through... jazz

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Truancy-Bot posted:

Intermission just ended. Will was twitching hardcore lol.

the chapos sprint to a single bathroom stall at the start of break and don't emerge for fifteen minutes

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Truancy-Bot posted:

Intermission just ended. Will was twitching hardcore lol. Great reading series from an Obama speechwriter talking about how Obama opened his eyes through... jazz

hope you were running a bootleg cam op

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Chapo Chicago show is the best attended DSA event in the city in years

Truancy-Bot
May 9, 2012

eat a dick, truancy-bot
Some fire John Kass columns for Act II.

Overall a good show. No bootleg sorry

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
the latest QAA was loving embarrasing oh my god. just an hour long fan fic about MTG

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I was masochistic enough to go to Zizek - Peterson and I can't even imagine going to a live podcast

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Xaris posted:

the latest QAA was loving embarrasing oh my god. just an hour long fan fic about MTG

I don’t know why they still do these; they’re all terrible.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

evilpicard posted:

I was masochistic enough to go to Zizek - Peterson and I can't even imagine going to a live podcast
i saw chapo live on feb 2020 in sac just as the pandemic was about to start and after bernie won nevada. it was a pretty good time. lots of people singing union songs in line. met a few goons too.

ive also been dragged to a few other more normie ones like We Got This with Mark and Hal, 3x Welcome to Nightvale shows, and saw stav live. i'm going to see trueanon in november.

live podcast recordings are universally terrible though. i end up skipping most live episodes

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

HashtagGirlboss posted:

They had a spicy grilled chicken sandwich for a very little while in 2009/2010 (or maybe I was in a test market for said sandwich) that I really liked but it disappeared and I’ve never seen it since

It's at my CFA rn

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I looked at ordering one of those last night and it was $9 for just the sandwich. I made a can of tuna

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

LastInLine posted:

It's at my CFA rn

I haven’t been to one in few years so that’s news to me is it still pretty good?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

chikfila doesn't gently caress around with the menu much so they stay pretty consistent. like chicken mcdonalds I can go to amy one in the country and know what to expect

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Chick-fil-A chicken isn't very good to me, I don't understand the appeal. I do wish they'd make spicy tenders though. Or that anyone would. Sometimes you want hot protein.

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

Ytlaya posted:

Not really directly related, but I was just reminded of something interesting that happened. At my friend's belated bachelor party, one of the guys there (who is a liberal) mentioned listening to Blowback seasons 1 and 2. So they're at least getting some exposure among audiences who wouldn't normally partake in "leftist media."

A lot of “libs” I know hold some pretty left wing positions, they’re just 1) beaten down by the current political reality, 2) in direct conflict with their social class, and 3) too afraid to voice their opinions in front of people so as not to alienate anyone. Get someone with those views in a situation where they aren’t outnumbered, and occasionally you’ll be surprised.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I haven’t been to one in few years so that’s news to me is it still pretty good?

I've never tried it I was gonna ask you

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Xaris posted:

what are teh details

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

LastInLine posted:

I've never tried it I was gonna ask you

I’m flying through Atlanta in November so I’ll let you know then there’s CFA where I live but they’re all way out in the suburbs and I’m not driving to Beaverton or happy valley for fast food

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Exodus1984 posted:

A lot of “libs” I know hold some pretty left wing positions, they’re just 1) beaten down by the current political reality, 2) in direct conflict with their social class, and 3) too afraid to voice their opinions in front of people so as not to alienate anyone. Get someone with those views in a situation where they aren’t outnumbered, and occasionally you’ll be surprised.

I'd add 4) there's not the same encouragement on the left/center to spout off fringe views unprompted the way that there is on the right.

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021

Doc Fission posted:

Chick-fil-A chicken isn't very good to me, I don't understand the appeal. I do wish they'd make spicy tenders though. Or that anyone would. Sometimes you want hot protein.

download grindr and your dreams will come through

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Doc Fission posted:

Chick-fil-A chicken isn't very good to me, I don't understand the appeal.

its white people food but with MSG in it, op

quote:

I do wish they'd make spicy tenders though. Or that anyone would. Sometimes you want hot protein.

popeyes makes spicy tenders and they rule

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Chapo show last night Was Good. my wife chatted up a couple other ladies in the line for the restroom:

1. they didn’t listen to the podcast. me: why are they here? wife: boys
2. one of them said her man listens to hardcore history to fall asleep and that she LOVES Dan Carlin’s voice which wife found hilarious because she thinks he’s “like if somebody invented a serious muppet, for adults”

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

selec posted:

my wife

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I fall asleep to reviewbrah so extremely glass houses here

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Charles Ingalls posted:

download grindr and your dreams will come through

im gorl they will not proffer me their fine wares

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Doc Fission posted:

im gorl they will not proffer me their fine wares

Download Her and find me

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I've never eaten at Chik-Fil-A (like many establishments in the states I find the name to be frankly absurd, though that's not the reason I haven't been)- so the thing there is really just a whole chicken breast fried on a bun with a few pickles? That seems very basic- I guess the breading is good? Is it brined at least? What, if anything, makes it special vs a Popeye's sandwich, or the KFC "Famous" chicken sandwich (itself seeming to ape the Popeye's configuration) that was introduced more recently?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

That Polynesian sauce is like the flavor packet for instant raman. It's so good, I don't need to know what it is, I know it is powerful.

Today for Sunday brunch I made Philip cheese steaks. Thin sliced top round, slices of cheddar, and hotdog buns. I fine chopped bell pepper, red onion, and poblano pepper and sauteed for 15, added Polynesian sauce and Thai sweet pepper sauce. Stir to emulsify into a thicker consistency. This is how you make that upstate New York delicacy called Boss Sauce right?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

she’s such a sweetie

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Futanari Damacy posted:

I've never eaten at Chik-Fil-A (like many establishments in the states I find the name to be frankly absurd, though that's not the reason I haven't been)- so the thing there is really just a whole chicken breast fried on a bun with a few pickles? That seems very basic- I guess the breading is good? Is it brined at least? What, if anything, makes it special vs a Popeye's sandwich, or the KFC "Famous" chicken sandwich (itself seeming to ape the Popeye's configuration) that was introduced more recently?

in addition to this, yeah it's brined in pickle juice or w/e which gives it an edge over similar places

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mardi gras mustard

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

i say swears online posted:

it's brined in pickle juice or w/e

That's loving brilliant. Henceforth stealing this move!! :hehe:

Though I go for the Strub's full sour so that may be too powerful for this particular application

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Futanari Damacy posted:

chick-fil-a came first and most non-popeyes chicken sandwiches have been trying to copy it for years

it's brined in pickle juice, the waffle fries are usually pretty good, and if nothing else, the fact that chick-fil-a employs the entire youth group of the nearest church means that the restaurant is at least spotless