Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hey, as long as that delightful Will Vinton is involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
https://twitter.com/sonjajjackson/status/1576369196610383873?t=GgU2dIS4OSwv7WSe1JlF0Q&s=19

....would

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

There is a really great thread in GWS about military rations across countries and eras

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750036&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

I am just sad it hasn't been updated for 4 years

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

would 100% unlike pizza cones that look like just molten messes that actually sounds well distributed enough with hearty stuff to be good hand food and I'm always a slut for brisket

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

15 bucks...still would

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 06:36 on Oct 2, 2022

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I went to a conference this week and at one point they served “chicken and waffles” which was a fried chicken tender in a waffle cone with mashed potatoes and an unidentified tangy sauce. If the cones had been handmade so they could adjust down the amount of sugar in them it would have been killer, but as is it was still pretty decent.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I think most people in this thread would be happy to eat this.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/70s_party/status/1576609017924722688

Surprise!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Captain Hygiene posted:

"What should we have for dinner tonight, honey?"
"I don't really care, as long as it has A loving SHITLOAD OF RAISINS!!"

The magic is dark hexes. And I say that as a raisin enjoyer.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

The magic is dark hexes. And I say that as a raisin enjoyer.

So I was showing the raisin food image to my partner and she pointed out that "A1 steak sauce has raisins in it." Well sure enough, it's loving raisins. So yeah, apparently raisins and steak is awesome, gently caress the haters.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LifeSunDeath posted:

So I was showing the raisin food image to my partner and she pointed out that "A1 steak sauce has raisins in it." Well sure enough, it's loving raisins. So yeah, apparently raisins and steak is awesome, gently caress the haters.

Yeah, steak (and to a lesser extent hamburgers and to a greater extent french fries) do fine with a little raisin.

It's when you start shoving them in baked beans that I start getting confused and angry.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, I thought the ad was funny but I figured the meats would be fine with it. Blue cheese and cranberries goes well with chicken in salad, something like that but with raisins might be good on the burg.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

i'm actually really hype to make homemade A1 now cause it's super simple and I can add less salt. My ultimate plan is to then make it into a gravy to use on poutine (since the home version is very thin due to lack of xanthan gum).

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I have several questions.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I have several raisins.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I like raisins, but I loathe unexpected raisins. I have the same issue with mushrooms, I think it is a texture thing.
My mother used to sneak mushrooms into her bolognese, and the horrible creak of biting down on a mushy secret mushroom is with me still.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

In Norway we have saying "like the raisin in the sausage" which means a nice little surprise.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Alhazred posted:

I have several questions.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a bone-in pork chop.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Stopped in at my local chocolate shop yesterday, and lo and behold:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

NinjaDebugger posted:

Stopped in at my local chocolate shop yesterday, and lo and behold:

Is that fudge? I'd give it a try.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Is that fudge? I'd give it a try.

It is, in fact, candy corn fudge. I'm a once a year little bit of candy corn guy myself, and it's actually pretty good. The sheer quality really kind of transforms the flavor a bit. It's like the better in every way twin, like Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The real prize of the trip was the cake batter fudge, which is absurdly, dangerously delicious, but I'm more interested to try out the apple cider donut fudge. Sadly, the current batch of fudges does not have their sangria fudge, which I brought to gencon and was amazing.

NinjaDebugger has a new favorite as of 19:22 on Oct 2, 2022

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Alhazred posted:

In Norway we have saying "like the raisin in the sausage" which means a nice little surprise.

My people built 150 foot towers with the only door 50 feet off the ground to protect themselves from you Norwegians and your weird notions about raisins.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Alhazred posted:

That's a good saying, I want to start using it here in the states but leave it up to everyone else to decide whether it's describing something unexpectedly good or terrible.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Alhazred posted:

I never sausage a raisin!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pookah posted:

My people built 150 foot towers with the only door 50 feet off the ground to protect themselves from you Norwegians and your weird notions about raisins.

How does it feel to have wasted all that time and effort?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Alhazred posted:

How does it feel to have wasted all that time and effort?

The towers are really pretty :colbert:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pookah posted:

The towers are really pretty :colbert:

Like a raisin in a sausage.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Bought them both, I'll report back.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Alhazred posted:

I was playing Control earlier so I read that in an extremely Finnish voice.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpHvAnL9wV0

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I feel a great deal of pity for those apparent millions of people for whom the texture of mushrooms is a source of horror and revulsion.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Data Graham posted:

I feel a great deal of pity for those apparent millions of people for whom the texture of mushrooms is a source of horror and revulsion.

Same. Meat, cheese, and mushrooms are the three fundamental building blocks of food as far as I'm concerned.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

OwlFancier posted:

I was playing Control earlier so I read that in an extremely Finnish voice.

Dammit, I’ve had that game for two years and haven’t played it yet. I should get on that.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Dammit, I’ve had that game for two years and haven’t played it yet. I should get on that.

there's a Finnish janitor who may or may not be a god like entity in it, p good.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

uber_stoat posted:

there's a Finnish janitor who may or may not be a god like entity in it, p good.

And who comes out with many strange idioms that I am fairly sure are made up but I can't be certain.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

And who comes out with many strange idioms that I am fairly sure are made up but I can't be certain.

This is true of most Finnish idioms yes

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

What's wrong with that?
If you want some afp I ordered some but accidentally got the kind without raisins :(

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've always wanted to try some bread from a can, but it looks like it'd be the densest slab of a bread possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've always wanted to try some bread from a can, but it looks like it'd be the densest slab of a bread possible.

It is very dense, yes