Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Some fun performances in the genshin concert video. Timestamped for Overlord of the Thunderstorm :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrqsaO9Cf2M&t=1304s

Blossoms of Summer Night at 28:49 is also :krad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Lol, more plunging attack events. I stopped playing for months and came back to more plunging. I'm glad the plunging attack guy on the team is getting steady work.

...I didn't do any plunging attacks though, sorry.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
the clearance quest is the one that's bugged for me, so I'm super locked out of content.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So I re-imaged my machine because I got a new motherboard/cpu and now when I log into genshin it never saves my credential / auto login. What am I doing wrong here, I've never had this issue before on my PC or cellphone

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Anora posted:

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1575979029655654412

The Primal Ember from here was the one I guided to the torch, now it wants me to guide it again, but the sconce is empty. Here's the other one, also empty and the lit torch:

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1576139919348699136

It looks like you're standing in front of a door and only one side is lit. The quest marker might be bugged but your goal is to find the other primal ember to light up the right side pillar.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It also says 1/2 completion.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So I re-imaged my machine because I got a new motherboard/cpu and now when I log into genshin it never saves my credential / auto login. What am I doing wrong here, I've never had this issue before on my PC or cellphone

Maybe try reinstalling genshin? Either that or you have a hosed up windows user, game should save your credentials in "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\miHoYo\Genshin Impact" registry entry.

edit:
The launcher has a repair option, maybe give it a try.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 2, 2022

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Zenostein posted:

It's a very "no dessert until you've finished your dinner" sort of design, and it's rather annoying. It'd be fine if you ended up with a high enough clearance before you left for the next stop on the quest, but it seems they would simply prefer you do just what the quest says and then go exploring later.

The nice part about the whole Clearance thing and the quest is that the quest only gets you up to Clearance 1. The other 3 levels are entirely up to you to gently caress around and figure out on your own. It seems like a decent compromise to me?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

The nice part about the whole Clearance thing and the quest is that the quest only gets you up to Clearance 1. The other 3 levels are entirely up to you to gently caress around and figure out on your own. It seems like a decent compromise to me?

That is not even slightly true, the other 3 levels come from a separate quest that becomes available a day after you finish the first one.

Edit: Maybe it's possible to find them on your own without the quest? But it definitely points you to them, and there's no point in exploring anywhere else until you finish it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Clarste posted:

That is not even slightly true, the other 3 levels come from a separate quest that becomes available a day after you finish the first one.

Edit: Maybe it's possible to find them on your own without the quest? But it definitely points you to them, and there's no point in exploring anywhere else until you finish it.

Oh, I absolutely wasn't aware of that. I just found them all on my own, the quest isn't required at all I guess. That's lame then.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
You can get the other levels without the quest <---- idiot who did that.
You just need to go down the temple of magma and you'll be able to reach the area with level 2 with alot of running around in underground caves without a guide.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Rolled on the Venti banner, saw gold coming up, got excited - it was Qiqi for some reason? You're not even meant to be here! :negative:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

free Trapt CD posted:

Rolled on the Venti banner, saw gold coming up, got excited - it was Qiqi for some reason? You're not even meant to be here! :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwTR4gTEwzw

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Am I the only dumb one who was/is trying to wait two days for the sounds from afar quest?

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

Thank you, I wasn't aware this was a deep well of communal pain until just now.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I stumbled on one extra level of clearance on my own, but I'm feeling pretty lost in the underground at this point. I know there are places I haven't been, but no idea how to find them. I like the desert underground way more than previous caves, at least.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

MajorBonnet posted:

I stumbled on one extra level of clearance on my own, but I'm feeling pretty lost in the underground at this point. I know there are places I haven't been, but no idea how to find them. I like the desert underground way more than previous caves, at least.

Its huge, and as you go through different temples and such, you'll see that some of the tunnels lead to rock walls that break and end up connecting to the big underground area you're first led to in the quest

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

free Trapt CD posted:

Thank you, I wasn't aware this was a deep well of communal pain until just now.

If its any consolation, Qiqi isnt nearly as bad as she used to be. Stick a Clam artifact set on her, a Sac Sword or The Flute (depending what you have to hand) and shes a really good healer who sometimes causes a bubble to burst and delete enemies around her. Its still disappointing as hell not getting the on-banner 5* but she isnt dead weight.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

free Trapt CD posted:

The good news is that now you have a guaranteed rate-up lined up for Nahida or whoever else you want. I got a Diluc off the monthly wishes so I'm in the same boat.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So, Cyno. He's not very strong, his damage isn't anything special and then he's mechanically disadvantaged in a lot of noticeable ways (no dmg stacking mechanic so buffers like yunjin don't work well, long on-field time, requires so much energy that it is hard to get out of 2 electro to activate electro resonance, not good at multihitting mobs with his normal attacks because their range is so short, enemies are harder to dodge when you're right next to them, etc). Nahida will obviously improve him a lot but you kind of already take that as a given. The best feeling team by far for me is Cyno/Beidou/Zhongli/Dendro but you need 4TF with how little energy Beidou will bring and how much is needed. (Full disclosure I own a few Cs and an R1 so I am extrapolating a bit as to how 89/90 C0R0 would feel knowing that it would do ~38% less damage).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Keqing is actually one of the better drivers for Quicken teams now, with Thunderfury. As a 1.0 character, she can keep her infusion after swapping so more buffs work on her+bigger margin of error because you don't accidentally waste 15 seconds of Cyno's buff or something.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
I wanna main Eremite Galehunter...

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
I’m AR 36 now and still haven’t pulled any main dps characters.

Using Noelle is…okay, but I saw I can buy Razor for stardust this month and I’m wondering if it’s worth picking him up for levelling.

I know he’s not very good in lategame and I don’t really have any superconduct support, but Noelle is increasingly feeling like dead weight who’s only good for quick swapping when her shield/burst is up.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah Noelle is best as a main DPS at C6 which is a long way off. Razor is a fine dps.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Leathal posted:

Using Noelle is…okay, but I saw I can buy Razor for stardust this month and I’m wondering if it’s worth picking him up for levelling.

I know he’s not very good in lategame and I don’t really have any superconduct support, but Noelle is increasingly feeling like dead weight who’s only good for quick swapping when her shield/burst is up.

NONE? Show your roster.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the Tree of Dreams caps out at 30 this patch :(

a good patch. The story was short but the exploration of all these tombs was really fun

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Razor has had a funny development since he went from a physical dps carry that fell of a cliff at higher gear levels to a...reaction based abomination that overlaps a million different mechanics to pull respectable damage.

Its why Cyno feels kinda incomplete. Top end Keqing and Razor are plane better than him and have been out since the game came out.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

No Wave posted:

So, Cyno. He's not very strong, his damage isn't anything special and then he's mechanically disadvantaged in a lot of noticeable ways (no dmg stacking mechanic so buffers like yunjin don't work well, long on-field time, requires so much energy that it is hard to get out of 2 electro to activate electro resonance, not good at multihitting mobs with his normal attacks because their range is so short, enemies are harder to dodge when you're right next to them, etc). Nahida will obviously improve him a lot but you kind of already take that as a given. The best feeling team by far for me is Cyno/Beidou/Zhongli/Dendro but you need 4TF with how little energy Beidou will bring and how much is needed. (Full disclosure I own a few Cs and an R1 so I am extrapolating a bit as to how 89/90 C0R0 would feel knowing that it would do ~38% less damage).

After putting an er spear + some extra er and ditching tf set for a 2p/2p combo with better crit value I found him much more usable. Not having to worry about lining up tf refreshes with his A1 let you move around, dodge stuff and have some actual fun. Skipping the last 4 seconds of his ult also helped. With c0 and skyward spine I've been able to kill the high hp ow bosses in one rotation and he felt good enough in abyss 12-X-2. 160 Er felt enough for me to pair him with beidou and use his ult liberally in OW.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Decided to fully level up Beidou so I had to do the Electro cube for the first time since forever and Tighnari makes it absolutely hilarious, he solo one cycles the thing with aggravates in like under a minute.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Leathal posted:

Two characters you have that feel better as a main dps than Noelle, imo: Kaeya and Geo Traveler. Many people don't like the rock chunks that geo traveler puts on the field, but I think they are kind of fun.

But yeah, let's see what else you got.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Leathal posted:

I would go for razor, he's a easy straight forward character to use. If you like him.
I used him all the way to the end, and that without knowing about superconduct. He holds off just fine against everything except the last floors of the abyss.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

After getting into enjoying Sumeru and their world bosses that don't have invincibility frames (granted, I haven't tried fighting the Aeonblight Drake yet) I hope there won't be any big obstacles to development like Covid brought that Inazuma went through.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

Tae posted:

NONE? Show your roster.

C0 on Noelle, Lisa, Amber, Kaeya, Qiqi, Bennett, Diona
C1 on Sucrose, Barbara, Xiangling
C2 Candace
C3 on Xingqiu

Tsyni posted:

Two characters you have that feel better as a main dps than Noelle, imo: Kaeya and Geo Traveler. Many people don't like the rock chunks that geo traveler puts on the field, but I think they are kind of fun.

But yeah, let's see what else you got.

This made me realize I actually skipped Geo Traveller entirely since I took a detour for early Dendro. I’ll go grab him and check out his kit.

Pretty much everything gets murdered by the Bennett, Xiangling, Xingqiu team so I’m still having a lot of fun but it’s weird feeling like I have 3 and a half team members at all times. Tried Qiqi with Diona battery but it didn’t feel great.

Leathal fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 2, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Razors english voice acting sounds like Peter Lorre in maltese falcon to me

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Leathal posted:

C2 Candace
C3 on Xingqiu
You can do something with Xiangling/XQ/Bennett/maybe Sucrose with this roster, but buying Razor would give you a second team with no overlapping members for Abyss (Razor/Qiqi/Diona or Kaeya). Not the worst idea.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Leathal posted:

C2 Candace
C3 on Xingqiu

This made me realize I actually skipped Geo Traveller entirely since I took a detour for early Dendro. I’ll go grab him and check out his kit.

Pretty much everything gets murdered by the Bennett, Xiangling, Xingqiu team so I’m still having a lot of fun but it’s weird feeling like I have 3 and a half team members at all times. Tried Qiqi with Diona battery but it didn’t feel great.

I am not good with team compositions but with those characters I'd go with Bennett, Xiangling, Xingqiu and add Sucrose once/if you get her some Viridescent Venerer artifacts and try to get Bennet maybe a Gladiator set and have him as your main DPS? He's very flexible like that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Leathal posted:

What's your AR level, there's no point fretting on it if you're at a point where you literally can't access your 2nd passive.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
If your Sucrose is leveled up you should check out how she works at that level. My guess is that if you drop Guoba with Xiangling and then swap to Sucrose and double E everything will be dead or near dead as long as it isn't immune to pyro.

A team like Sucrose, Xiangling, Bennett, (Xingqiu or Kaeya)

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Leathal posted:

You could shove Sucrose in there for swirl + CC, and eventually the resist debuff from Viridescent Venerer.

efb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

What's your AR level, there's no point fretting on it if you're at a point where you literally can't access your 2nd passive.

Leathal posted: