Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Pontius Pilate posted:

Is this a goon or something? Google is only giving me parmesan and basil recipes

Chiefs goon that wrote a whole manifesto quiting football after Tyreek broke his kids arm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't want to get in trouble posting about the forum users of the past. what if they find me or someone doesn't like it. you never know

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 1, 2022

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

i don't think he was an actual person. i am positive Parm Basil was an early attempt at AI.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cavauro posted:

i don't want to get in trouble posting about the forum users of the past. what if they find me or someone doesn't like it. you never know

Nobody could ever not like you Cavauro. And if they did we would all chip in to have their legs broke.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Cavauro is the best poster in TFF.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Probably Magic posted:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I didn’t think that was in question.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Probably Magic posted:

He's a jerk

He knows what he did

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Concussion rules getting changed

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1576351939784474625

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cool and good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's nice that they're going to pretend this is an unprecedented thing that no one could have foreseen, because apparently they have never watched the sport they govern. And now the rules have to be changed.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Are they going to change the protocols around locked up backs or is that being swept under the carpet??!?!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Paracausal posted:

Are they going to change the protocols around locked up backs or is that being swept under the carpet??!?!

Look, you shouldn’t focus on the past

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Paracausal posted:

Watching a thing this morning a fix by that doctor was to rewrite the Gross Motor part to assume instability is caused by concussion without visible deformity. Basically force teams to assume head injury and prove there's orthopedic symptoms reversing the current loophole.

Plenty more poo poo that should/could be done like giving the union influence over team medical staffs.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Watching a thing this morning a fix by that doctor was to rewrite the Gross Motor part to assume instability is caused by concussion without visible deformity. Basically force teams to assume head injury and prove there's orthopedic symptoms reversing the current loophole.

Plenty more poo poo that should/could be done like giving the union influence over team medical staffs.

They could fix it in an instant by taking around first round draft picks for teams caught loving around but they dont have the balls.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

BlindSite posted:

They could fix it in an instant by taking around first round draft picks for teams caught loving around but they dont have the balls.

Lol another first round pick forfeit

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
NFLPA has fired the consultant who evaluated Tua on Sunday, so if you had “unaffiliated doctor who didn’t have final say” in the Who Gets Thrown Under The Bus First pool, come collect your winnings.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Double doink.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Fellas, it's not even 1 pm and we already have a double-doink :getin:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

:hmmyes:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Damned if Lutz didn't get close.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

What a great way to start the day

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

NFLPA has fired the consultant who evaluated Tua on Sunday, so if you had “unaffiliated doctor who didn’t have final say” in the Who Gets Thrown Under The Bus First pool, come collect your winnings.

He did have final say in that if he said no then Tua couldn’t play full stop.

The team doctors also had that power and the behavior of that team also needs to be dealt with but the doctor that was supposed to represent the NFL and NFLPA would always be the first we’d hear about because the union can directly “fire” them.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

He did have final say in that if he said no then Tua couldn’t play full stop.

The team doctors also had that power and the behavior of that team also needs to be dealt with but the doctor that was supposed to represent the NFL and NFLPA would always be the first we’d hear about because the union can directly “fire” them.

Except your wrong and it's been discussed since it happened that the NFL protocol gives the team doctor final say. The neurologist is a consultant and the team doctors are given explicit final say.

https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthand...gement-protocol

quote:

Definitions/Responsible Parties

Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultant (UNC)
A UNC shall be a physician who is impartial and independent from any Club, is board certified in neurology, emergency medicine, physical medicine and rehabilitation, or any primary care CAQ sports medicine certified physician or board eligible or board certified in neurological surgery, and has documented competence and experience in the treatment of acute head injuries. UNCs are appointed by the NFL Head, Neck and Spine Committee in consultation with the NFLPA Mackey-White Committee and approved by the NFL Chief Medical Officer and the NFLPA Medical Director, and have undergone formal UNC training provided by the NFL and NFLPA. At each game, each Club will be assigned a UNC to be present on its sideline who shall be: (i) focused on identifying signs or symptoms of concussion and mechanisms of injury that warrant concussion evaluation, (ii) working in consultation with the Head Team Physician or his/her designee to implement the concussion evaluation and management protocol (including the Locker Room Comprehensive Concussion Assessment Exam) during the games, and (iii) present to observe (and collaborate when appropriate with the team physician) the Sideline Concussion Assessment Exams performed by Club medical staff. The UNCs also will be available to assist in coordinating which physician will accompany a player who is transported to the EAP-designated trauma center for more advanced evaluation and treatment. The UNCs will work with the Club's medical staff and will assist in the diagnosis and care of the concussed player. The Club physician/UNC unit will be co-located for all concussion evaluations and management both on and off the field. The UNC may present his/her own questions or conduct additional testing and shall assist in the diagnosis and treatment of concussions. Regardless, the responsibility for the diagnosis of concussion and the decision to return a player to a game remains exclusively within the professional judgment of the Head Team Physician or his/her physician designee responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of concussion. A UNC will also be present for sideline evaluations for neuropraxia ("stingers" or "burners") and other potential spinal and peripheral nerve injuries.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 2, 2022

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Except your wrong and it's been discussed since it happened that the NFL protocol gives the team doctor final say. The neurologist is a consultant and the team doctors are given explicit final say.

https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthand...gement-protocol

Yea, but there’s no evidence that the team doctor overruled the UNCs recommendation. If he’d been overruled I presume he wouldn’t have been uncooperative during the NFLPA interviews.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Has anyone considered that the Dolphins organization has sent an intern 20 years into the past to become a medical expert in concussion protocol for the sole purpose of eventually infiltrating the hospital they sent Tua to? For nefarious and capitalist purposes? And you sit here and clap your hands like trained seals.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, but there’s no evidence that the team doctor overruled the UNCs recommendation. If he’d been overruled I presume he wouldn’t have been uncooperative during the NFLPA interviews.

The statement that came with his firing sounds like he thought his job was to rubber stamp and took umbridge with being questioned on doing so. That's my impression anyway. The end of it all was he had clear no go signs that were ignored outright and he was returned to play. Who made what decisions is up in the air currently.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article266526866.html#storylink=cpy

quote:

According to NFL Network, the union exercised its right to fire the consultant and cited several reasons, including “failure to understand his role and hostility during the investigation.”

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The statement that came with his firing sounds like he thought his job was to rubber stamp and took umbridge with being questioned on doing so. That's my impression anyway

If you’re a doctor brought in to provide medical advice in your area of expertise and you say “yea, sure, he’s fine” despite knowing that the person has a head injury and could be horribly injured or killed you probably deserve to be fired and also stripped of your license and also sued into oblivion.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If you’re a doctor brought in to provide medical advice in your area of expertise and you say “yea, sure, he’s fine” despite knowing that the person has a head injury and could be horribly injured or killed you probably deserve to be fired and also stripped of your license and also sued into oblivion.

Fully agree. What does "failed to understand his role" read like to you in this situation? Hell we don't even know if he did an actual evaluation right now and this dude is a complete failure at his job. All we can do is theorize off current statements, what we saw and the rules as currently written.

As written the team doctor has final responsibility and needs to be held accountant however the PA can't fire that guy.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

kevin stefanski liking to pass the way too much was infuriating last year

now that i want the browns to lose i am liking it

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress Jerome Boger

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
To reiterate
Lmao Harbaugh

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

To reiterate
Lmao Harbaugh

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1576664220027875333?s=46&t=5GqBvQdg4MzrN97VaGLjCw

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

It really feels like there’s something wrong with the Ravens play calling in the second half of games. They’re lighting it up in the first and then just disappear for quarters at a time.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
i am honestly glad the Giants won't have to play the Bears again for awhile. Well, at least I hope they don't play them next season. So many injuries.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eagles win the rain assisted win and Trevor's tiny hands

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1576632537371271169?t=7IIIIP9MxIp64ivMVkGE4g&s=19

this was one of the most "loving bullshit" plays I've ever seen

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens

https://twitter.com/bobbybaltimoree/status/1576665719613554690

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Wtf how are the ravens playing such good football and still end up 2-2