Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Getting killed instantly because the second guy I tried to rescue stopped me directly in the path of a swiveling turret to shake my hand was pretty funny

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I watched a video of the earlier parts to see if I missed anything and someone definitely got a bomb in a location where I just got a grenade, which makes me think it's at least somewhat randomised and I guess you could just have an unlucky seed where you're literally unable to save everyone lol

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/billyhottakes/status/1576246821139070976?s=46&t=cDB_ramyYRTxtkKQ03bhhA

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

:toot:

good game, really interesting pick. Thought I'd played a lot of it a few years ago but I have no idea why I would have and didn't remember much about it so I may have been thinking of an entirely different game lol

Some massive issues like the previously mentioned bombs stuff, but it came out the year I was born so I'm going to cut it some slack

: Beat the game
: Beat the game and rescue all survivors

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I watched a video of the earlier parts to see if I missed anything and someone definitely got a bomb in a location where I just got a grenade, which makes me think it's at least somewhat randomised and I guess you could just have an unlucky seed where you're literally unable to save everyone lol

I did end up using two bombs for rescues, but I think in the second room I could have used a plasma barrier plus grenade to take out the turret plus shield to remove my own plasma barrier instead. So I think it's possible to do with only one bomb. That said, I only ever found two bombs and that's a large amount of items to have to use for one survivor if you don't get a second one

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

absolutely anything posted:

i'm a few floors in and this isnt really doing it for me. probably just gonna call it quits here

yeah even if i never got too far into it, i had the wind taken out of my sails after softlocking myself in the exact same room twice for two different reasons. i might give one it one last shot, but it's definitely a priority pick when Christmas rolls around

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
yeah its neat and theres some clever puzzles but i'm good looking for invisible door switches and getting zapped by electric floor tiles because i spaced out for half a second and continued to hold a direction after entering a room

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i'm also gonna come back to this for xmas i think. i can't handle it at this juncture lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Getting killed instantly because the second guy I tried to rescue stopped me directly in the path of a swiveling turret to shake my hand was pretty funny

Miyamoto reaching out to shake the D/Generation guy's hand in a hospital bed before thinking better of it.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
filling all my bass with dense microplastics then shrugging to the judges and going "i 'unno i guess the lake's just polluted"

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

rofl

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA0UlF_mBD8

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 3, 2022

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmfao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

god drat lmfao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lolol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lmfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I love how the lovely cutout perfectly mimics the Tiktok green screen effect.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lmao

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmfao jesus christ

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.
You took a shortcut and gained nothing.

You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.

You didn't grow.
You didn't improve.
You took a shortcut and gained nothing.

You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained.

It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002