Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’d fire them too if I had to play that boring rear end game

id fire them too if it meant i dont have to share with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
It’ll give them the fan support to make a kickstarter for the spiritual sequel where Amazon are the thinly veiled bad guys or whatever. Did they show any of the actual sequel they were working on?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1576662221995749376?s=20&t=6K101fTZ9ErZqawytQYXsw

the seinfeld putting his hands up and walking out of his seat gif

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well that's unnecessary. The game already plays at 60fps and looks good on PS5. Sure, it doesn't look as good as HFW, but still.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sony please loving stop.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Remasters will continue until morale improves

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

what if we make cool stuff

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

key and peele "it's in the movie" sketch about but greenlighting remasters

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

haha jk

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

unless...

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

Remasters will continue until morale improves

It’s this weird line between remaster and remake. Like TLoU Part 1 is the exact same game but prettier and with an accessibility suite. It’s not an upres, serious work went into all the new shiny graphics and features.

What’s frustrating is that not only are we expected to be excited about buying a from the ground up remake of a game from literally late last gen that already has a PS5 patch, but that they’re going to put all this time and all these resources into “remaking” it when they could just, I dunno, make Horizon 3?

It’s honestly insulting. We’re two years into the PS5 and this is what we have to look forward to.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
deathloop’s invasion mechanic is neat at first, but when you move into the late game and need to accomplish complex full-day objectives, getting jumped by an experienced Julianna is maybe more stress than I’m comfortable with

had to switch to AI invasions just so I don’t get goomba-stomped right out the gate. special mention goes to the madman who specced for melee kills, so I got rushed down by a shadowy machete swinging Julianna at 2x speed like something out of a creepypasta

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

man nurse posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1576662221995749376?s=20&t=6K101fTZ9ErZqawytQYXsw

The PlayStation 5 has no games.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

A Horizon coop multiplayer game sounds good and fun.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

man nurse posted:

It’s this weird line between remaster and remake. Like TLoU Part 1 is the exact same game but prettier and with an accessibility suite. It’s not an upres, serious work went into all the new shiny graphics and features.

What’s frustrating is that not only are we expected to be excited about buying a from the ground up remake of a game from literally late last gen that already has a PS5 patch, but that they’re going to put all this time and all these resources into “remaking” it when they could just, I dunno, make Horizon 3?

It’s honestly insulting. We’re two years into the PS5 and this is what we have to look forward to.

They may have to put the resources into already existing stuff if the talent rentention rate is as bad as it seems from the outside. Talkin out my rear end here, but covid seriously hosed every element of the overstretched and preposterous AAA studio crunch culture at a point in which the standards and studio demands had become so high,... that now many of the prestige studios are probably doing crash course remaster/remakes in order to recreate some semblence of cohesion of their former studio cultures in a post-covid or 'living with covid' environment, with all the unpredictability that implies.

When the products that were already deep in development as covid began finally ship the studios will need to provide rest to people who've been pushing that poo poo out the door, use smaller projects to retain that talent pool and prevent burnout, while also rebuilding new project momentum and rotating employees between positions when necessary. The death of elements of the old AAA contract system is going to be rocky and full of redundancy by necessity, either that or what some of these huge new publishing empires are referring to as 'AAAA'...which is just a way fo saying the AAA quality as of 2019 but way more expensive and even more heavily outsourced to countries where labor pracitces are even worse.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

can't wait for the remake of returnal, game's gonna look so good

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Remaster Bloodborne you cowards

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The adaptive trigger stuff in Cyberpunk is really good.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
isn't horizon another IP getting one of those idiotic TV adaptations

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I mean I don’t really care, but it’s just a funny decision when people are literally crying irl and tweeting about it because they want Bloodborne on pc or a 60 fps update or a remaster/remake or something and that’s one of the few ps4 games that I think deserves maybe not a full on remake, but a really well done remaster that improves the performance and graphics so much that it confuses people enough that they call it a remake. And it’s just funny because I don’t think even a single person has ever said that Horizon needs a Ps5 remaster, and also it already has a pc version which I’m sure can run at 120 FPS/8K if you have the hardware.. but yeah if they’re actually doing that, while people are getting Bloodborne trending on Twitter pretty regularly, 7 years after it’s release, it’s a little funny.

I wouldn’t mind a remake of the last guardian either, simply because it’s such a beautiful game and I love the look of the world and the architecture and whatnot and if it was even remastered with an emphasis on the fidelity and obviously a 60 FPS frame rate I think that it’s worth it, just because it’s sort of a shame that even after remaking the game for ps4 before it was even released, it still struggles here and there to hit 30 fps, it just deserves to run at 60 FPS, especially because it can do it easily already playing the unpatched version on a ps5, or at least it can for a majority of the game and then it soft locks or something.

Unrelated, but I just stumbled upon some Control rear end document on the CIA website, I simply forgot the exact phrasing of ‘the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog’ and googled ‘the brown cow jumps over’ and found this: https://www.cia.gov/library/abbottabad-compound/A6/A6982A098C397DEE7108D2C268F6C25E_Sample.pdf

imhotep fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 2, 2022

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Oxxidation posted:

isn't horizon another IP getting one of those idiotic TV adaptations

Yep they want to sell the game to TV watchers for 70 US dollars, not 10.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bop bop perano posted:

I mean I don’t really care, but it’s just a funny decision when people are literally crying irl and tweeting about it because they want Bloodborne on pc or a 60 fps update or a remaster/remake or something and that’s one of the few ps4 games that I think deserves maybe not a full on remake, but a really well done remaster that improves the performance and graphics so much that it confuses people enough that they call it a remake. And it’s just funny because I don’t think even a single person has ever said that Horizon needs a Ps5 remaster, and also it already has a pc version which I’m sure can run at 120 FPS/8K if you have the hardware.. but yeah if they’re actually doing that, while people are getting Bloodborne trending on Twitter pretty regularly, 7 years after it’s release, it’s a little funny.

I wouldn’t mind a remake of the last guardian either, simply because it’s such a beautiful game and I love the look of the world and the architecture and whatnot and if it was even remastered with an emphasis on the fidelity and obviously a 60 FPS frame rate I think that it’s worth it, just because it’s sort of a shame that even after remaking the game for ps4 before it was even released, it still struggles here and there to hit 30 fps, it just deserves to run at 60 FPS, especially because it can do it easily already playing the unpatched version on a ps5, or at least it can for a majority of the game and then it soft locks or something.

Unrelated, but I just stumbled upon some Control rear end document on the CIA website, I simply forgot the exact phrasing of ‘the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog’ and googled ‘the brown cow jumps over’ and found this: https://www.cia.gov/library/abbottabad-compound/A6/A6982A098C397DEE7108D2C268F6C25E_Sample.pdf

maybe someone could make a new game instead

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

There’s nothing at all wrong with TLOUPT1/HZD remake imo even though I personally am not in a rush to get them.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Use those resources to remake Ape Escape Sony. Do it now Sony. I want my Ape Escape remake Sony.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

They may have to put the resources into already existing stuff if the talent rentention rate is as bad as it seems from the outside. Talkin out my rear end here, but covid seriously hosed every element of the overstretched and preposterous AAA studio crunch culture at a point in which the standards and studio demands had become so high,... that now many of the prestige studios are probably doing crash course remaster/remakes in order to recreate some semblence of cohesion of their former studio cultures in a post-covid or 'living with covid' environment, with all the unpredictability that implies.

When the products that were already deep in development as covid began finally ship the studios will need to provide rest to people who've been pushing that poo poo out the door, use smaller projects to retain that talent pool and prevent burnout, while also rebuilding new project momentum and rotating employees between positions when necessary. The death of elements of the old AAA contract system is going to be rocky and full of redundancy by necessity, either that or what some of these huge new publishing empires are referring to as 'AAAA'...which is just a way fo saying the AAA quality as of 2019 but way more expensive and even more heavily outsourced to countries where labor pracitces are even worse.

This is why the only smart publisher is square enix for pushing out 500 low/mid budget JRPGs this year and abandoning the fail rear end western AAA studios

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I was about to say that I don’t like new things as a goof but then I realized that that may be true for a lot of people, especially gamers. Obviously you can make new games and make a poo poo load of money from it like Elden ring, but that’s also an iteration on a formula that from soft have been making for 13 years over the course of 5/6 games. It’s also very different in a lot of ways, but also sometimes literally feels like you’re playing the craziest mod ever for dark souls 3

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

My favorite kind of game is often a highly traditional familiar experience that digs deeper and deeper into what makes the core of it so good while advancing just enough to stay genuinely fresh. Japan is very good at that with stuff like Yakuza and Dragon Quest.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I enjoyed playing a lot of ac Valhalla this weekend :shrug:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

not happening this gen

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Who needs new games when suikoden 1&2 hd remaster is coming out next year?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

fridge corn posted:

Its a good game :colbert:

Just too long

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Feels Villeneuve posted:

:yeah:

Great thing about backwards compatibility is that I can play all those great PS4 games I missed back in the day.
And they still look great.

Also Release Days Gone 2, you cowards!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

adhuin posted:

Also Release Days Gone 2, you cowards!

YEAH

I need to actually get back to that and beat it now that the PS5 update dropped. It’s a great game.

fridge corn posted:

I can’t get along with it but it does a lot of cool stuff. Glad you’re enjoying it! Have you played Origins? It’s my favorite AC game with Black Flag pretty close.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

man nurse posted:

Depends who is doing it. If it's just going to one of their new teams that add coats of paint, whatever.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

I need to actually get back to that and beat it now that the PS5 update dropped. It’s a great game.
Now? Didn't Days Gone get PS5 enhanced like right when the PS5 was released?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

man nurse posted:

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1576678768151711744?t=p24f7wshPj9NXrBBKyaEAg&s=19

Lol, jim please, just patch bloodborne you bitch

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The adaptive trigger stuff in Cyberpunk is really good.

New patch rocls too, goddamn game owns

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Vikar Jerome posted:

New patch rocls too, goddamn game owns

Wish there was more to do. I finished the new quests and stuff in about an hour and now I want to play more. It’s so good but I’ve done absolutely everything in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I’m watching the Veeg Inscryption stream after the fact because he’s been playing the final fantasy graphical excel plug in for what feels like seven months and then moved on to the next game way after his bed time so I wasn’t prepared.

Already some good moments:

- gets almost instakilled by a bear and says “okay that’s fine”
- is told to go get the thing by the safe, immediately looks at the safe, and says “I don’t know what that is”
- is generally not paying a lot of attention to the rules and library, leading him to invent his own rules, which is equal parts frustrating and funny
-lvg says “you won’t die in the next five minutes” exactly five minutes before the stream ends