Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dareon posted:

You can /cpose to change it!

I sort of wish everyone had the same, but mostly because I want my Roe to do the Lala "storytime sway" animation.
Yeah, we miss out on the Lala floor sway, but we get the most powerful chair sitting animations instead

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Hey hey, finally got my first bit of player toxicity after ~30h. Pretty impressed it took that long, tbh. Story itself is pretty unexciting though, was running the leveling roulette and the tank pulled one too many mobs, I was leveling Conjurer and am still pretty new and wasn't able to save it. Someone ended up going off on the tank, probably wasted more time being mad than we lost by wiping.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Overpulling is a much bigger problems at lower levels, since:

A) the levels aren't designed with "wall-to-wall" pulling in mind, so you can bite off way more than you can chew
B) tanks don't have as many mitigation options
C) healers often have virtually no fast, powerful healing options
D) jobs sometimes don't have much good AoE damage options to burn down packs very fast.

So I wouldn't stress about something like that happening (but people shouldn't be toxic about it).

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Oh yeah I don't particularly care, was just kind of astonishing to suddenly see Dota-tier toxicity in my chill anime MMO

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
's why i quit GNB. tanxiety was too high and i wasn't learning how to get better, i was just learning how to play conservatively enough that nobody would yell, but i'd also never get commendations. i'm now having fun with DRG as my bullshit gently caress-around job

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

There's a reason I only ever run dungeons as dps, never have to deal with people pressuring you to go faster when you get disoriented easily if you're just some rear end in a top hat with a pointy stick.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

quiggy posted:

Hey hey, finally got my first bit of player toxicity after ~30h. Pretty impressed it took that long, tbh. Story itself is pretty unexciting though, was running the leveling roulette and the tank pulled one too many mobs, I was leveling Conjurer and am still pretty new and wasn't able to save it. Someone ended up going off on the tank, probably wasted more time being mad than we lost by wiping.

Yeah it definitely happens way more at low levels, that being said I've been playing for like 3-4 years and I've probably seen something like this happen less than a dozen times or so

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I love tanking new dungeons, but to be fair I’d also been playing WoW off and on for years before I started XIV. If you wanna get comms and skip queue but don’t wanna have to worry about getting lost, join new dungeons as healer and ask about each boss’ gimmick before the fight starts. Usually someone will be happy to explain (or say “I don’t remember” which usually means “nothing worth worrying about”).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

girl dick energy posted:

Yeah, we miss out on the Lala floor sway, but we get the most powerful chair sitting animations instead

"Klytus I'm bored, what plaything can you offer me today?"

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Once you get to Stormblood dungeons tanking is the least stressful role. Dungeons are gated and streamlined, and you're so tough you can blunder through most fights with barely any idea what's happening.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How many more expansions do you all expect from this game ? 3 ?

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

euphronius posted:

How many more expansions do you all expect from this game ? 3 ?

At a minimum it's probably going to keep going for the life of the PS5.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they have claimed to be planning the next 10 years so if theres one every 2.5 years thats 4. yoshiP is a big deal exec now and has said the game is his life's work so i think 3 is a good bet. ceiling is a tougher guess if we just mean full-fledged expansions, over under is 5.5

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ah he’s only 49

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Who knows, FFXI got 5 expansions, 2 add-ons, and a free plot update, but FFXI and FFXIV were both made during very different times and were different levels of successes.

The fact they’ve planned out at least another decade, have added PS5 support, and are planning on retiring PS4 support does suggest another 3-5 expansions though, yes.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

They'll support this game until some event makes it incredibly unpopular and/or unprofitable. Some things that come to mind that could do that are: the untimely death of YoshiP, something catastrophic happening to SE itself, some other MMO somehow rising up to compete with it that is flat out a better game.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I guess ever quest still gets expansions .

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah I'd say 3-5 expansions as well, we've got enough uncovered land to do those expansions and they could always take us to a new world like maybe the Shadow world which they've hinted at.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I mean, at least in this thread, for any of you who have gotten far enough into the MSQ you'll quickly realize there are a lot of places we could eventually go.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
It's gonna continue until they're ready to make the next Final Fantasy MMO.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think yoshiP did also say doing a fresh mmo is also something he wanted to do which makes sense as i imagine theyve learned a ton over the last 10 years. i would suggest he may want to do a different setting after being entrenched in final fantasy but its not like square has a bunch of ip with the same global appeal

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 3, 2022

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Resub'd after 3 years of a break and I completely forgot everything. Disciple of the Land is super trimmed down, Monk is very different, I don't know what does anything anymore, why is my inventory filled up with so much poo poo and so on. It's awesome. Spent the last two hours relearning my samurai rotation and figuring out what skills do what and just general interface shortcuts. Got all the Shadowbringers patch content to do before I even get close to Endwalker. I thought about doing NG+ to remember whose who and what's what.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

wdarkk posted:

It's gonna continue until they're ready to make the next Final Fantasy MMO.

It's going to go until the investment in new content isn't worth what they're making from it.

FF11 got story updates until 2015, and is still available to play. That's 13 years, which if you count 1.0, we're approaching.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They're pretty good at keeping you up to speed when you start a new expansion. If you want to ng+ to get yourself reacclimated in case you forget who Alisae is or what's up with Y'shtola's eyes there's nothing wrong with that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It will last until Square Enix bankrupt themselves, have to sell their only profitable property to pay off the debt collectors/various lawsuits, and the new owners run it into the ground and themselves go bankrupt.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

after the 6th expansion they will just have an ai do machine learning to keep churning them out. hell they have all the raw audio of the voice actors they need to automate that too

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Super No Vacancy posted:

i think yoshiP did also say doing a fresh mmo is also something he wanted to do which makes sense as i imagine theyve learned a ton over the last 10 years. i would suggest he may want to do a different setting after being entrenched in final fantasy but its not like square has a bunch of ip with the same global appeal

The Bouncer Online.

...Heck, Parasite Eve would make a pretty cool MMO setting. Definitely not the widespread appeal, but very appealing to at least one aging nerd.

Super No Vacancy posted:

after the 6th expansion they will just have an ai do machine learning to keep churning them out. hell they have all the raw audio of the voice actors they need to automate that too

Smithers' computer booting up, except it's G'raha on screen.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have beaten Stormblood.

Now to get absolutely disgusting with Eureka.:unsmigghh:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I just hit my first 90. Culinarian. The rest will fall before the end of the night, and I will be a True Omnicrafter.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Bake yourself a cake to celebrate

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

GloomMouse posted:

Bake yourself a cake to celebrate

It will require 9 ingredients costing approximately 780,000 gil on the market board.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Schwartzcough posted:

It will require 9 ingredients costing approximately 780,000 gil on the market board.
Yeah, but if I travel to Famfrit at 2 AM on a weekday, I can get the materials for only 745,000, making a tidy 35k profit as long as I don't think about how much my time is worth.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

SettingSun posted:

They'll support this game until some event makes it incredibly unpopular and/or unprofitable. Some things that come to mind that could do that are: the untimely death of YoshiP, something catastrophic happening to SE itself, some other MMO somehow rising up to compete with it that is flat out a better game.

Yeah basically this, although my money is on SE doing something extremely boneheaded like trying to force NFTs into the game or doing something businesswise that somehow gets YoshiP to quit / get forced out

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

WHM is... weirdly fun? Am I... am I a healer?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm having trouble logging into my account :mad:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

quiggy posted:

WHM is... weirdly fun? Am I... am I a healer?

Whenever I want to zone out and relax, I swap to healer and put on MSQ roulette. It's absolutely the weirdest thing.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Dareon posted:

Whenever I want to zone out and relax, I swap to healer and put on MSQ roulette. It's absolutely the weirdest thing.

lol i do the same poo poo.

of course i tried to get cocky last night and of course got AV first try. Ugh.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I hit level 48 on my warrior and I am still having a lot of fun. A helpful person suggested that I use my defensive cooldowns more freely instead of just on bosses and it has helped out a ton with clearing trash. I see a move coming up soon that puts that damage buff on me, but is the 3rd in the combo chain where as the overpower combo only requires 2 button pushes instead. Not sure I will be using that much, I suppose I just gotta use it first.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

If it's anything like other melee classes you'll get a way to make it happen on AOE eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dareon posted:

I do this but sometimes I zone out too much and forget that I'm supposed to heal