Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I've heard that sam's club still has onions for their hot dogs...

:frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

:mods:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

the non-imgur version has sound

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7149252134737906987

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

How do you expect me to eat this delicious $1.50 hot dog with only free condiments?

gently caress that dude for giving the church staff a hard time like they're trying to make his life hard or something

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Toxic Mental posted:

gently caress that dude for giving the church staff a hard time like they're trying to make his life hard or something

I agree with that though. It's not their decision. Never harass workers for something they have no control over.

But..... the cause.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I want to believe this is true, and also I want to see someone buy a hotdog at Costco, then drive over to Sam's Club with their hot dog, put onions on it, and then walk out.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

thats my guy right there :haibrow:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Onion people are starting to get strong Rick and Morty Szechuan Sauce vibes, it's not a chill look.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Enos Cabell posted:

Onion people are starting to get strong Rick and Morty Szechuan Sauce vibes, it's not a chill look.

I don't think anybody is going out of their way to bust the balls of some poor service industry workers except for that lovely boomer

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
The prices of Costco food court are all of the reward you need, you greedy onion fucks

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Thanks, I had no clue how to embed a tiktok video and it clearly wasn't working just from pasting the link.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
What this thread needs is purse onion evangelism like the last iteration. Just bring onions you weirdos. Alternately, Costco sells like a hundred things that are good to put on hotdogs

Rick and Morty Szechuan sauce vibes are the worst vibes

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Anyway, while I can't condone extreme onion anger I must point out that when you deprive people of basic needs for so long they will begin to lash out

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
in 2020 they want you to wear this, so in 2021 you'll be compliant enough to eat this

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Next they'll get rid of the mustard and the bun and people will be like "stop whining, bring your own mustard and bun"

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 2, 2022

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Soul Dentist posted:

What this thread needs is purse onion evangelism like the last iteration. Just bring onions you weirdos. Alternately, Costco sells like a hundred things that are good to put on hotdogs

Rick and Morty Szechuan sauce vibes are the worst vibes

Don't judge me but I think often about bringing purse onions from work when I go to church.

Instead I just bring the shameful dog back to work before I eat it. :shrug: Church has the onion grinder back at my location as of last week but I heard it's a last hurrah.

The company that made most of the onion grinders went under anyway. Their entire business was condiment dispensers for public use.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I just got a costco membership for the first time in years. I went shopping...no blue crab dip. No 5 pound Jelly bellies. No big rear end box of Jamaican meat pies. Only carbonated water was Pellegrino. WTF even is this place anymore?

At least I stocked up on dog food and bacon but im not happy. Oh and the maple syrup is alright.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Most people who ask about the onions and the sauerkraut are chill but sometimes you get someone like that video and they decide it’s on me to make the call to have onions or not. I miss them too, my guy, don’t get mad at me :(

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Gonna buy the hotdog, drive to 7-11, and add the free chili and cheese from the dispenser.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
https://www.ebay.com/itm/394236531366

Get your own onion grinder imo

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Tiny Timbs posted:

Thanks, I had no clue how to embed a tiktok video and it clearly wasn't working just from pasting the link.

There's a trick to it: if you paste the original link in a browser and then copy the link it redirects to, the new link will work for embedding.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Setting up shop at my local Costco selling grinder onions in the parking lot

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Paul MaudDib posted:

in 2020 they want you to wear this, so in 2021 you'll be compliant enough to eat this

This gave me a sensible chuckle irl, just want you to know

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

A new superhero to equal Angle Grinder Man, Onion Grinder Woman roams from Costco to Costco with her trusty stainless contraption, dispensing onions and justice. Corporate bean-counting villains will cry out for mercy.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

The Dregs posted:

I just got a costco membership for the first time in years. I went shopping...no blue crab dip. No 5 pound Jelly bellies. No big rear end box of Jamaican meat pies. Only carbonated water was Pellegrino. WTF even is this place anymore?

At least I stocked up on dog food and bacon but im not happy. Oh and the maple syrup is alright.

We still have all those things (aside from jelly bellies) and also can buy a whole lamb.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Jelly Bellys have been out of stock for most of this year in the northwest.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Alucard posted:

We still have all those things (aside from jelly bellies) and also can buy a whole lamb.

Not at my crappy costco.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Just move to the DC area, couldn't be simpler. Downside though is that my closest Costco doesn't sell liquor or beer, but if I drive to DC I can get it.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
They don't even grind the onions sadly it's just a dispenser but it's still magical

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah I saw them bring it out in a bag a few years ago which is fine by me. I am normally not one to say anything but the onions were empty and I asked if they could be filled. So they did! Right away!

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Zero VGS posted:

Gonna buy the hotdog, drive to 7-11, and add the free chili and cheese from the dispenser.
They do have chopped onions at 7-11 too. Same with ampm. You'll be spooning the onions on though.
Buy your own piece of history.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I miss ampm. They had those all over the PNW. None out here.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I miss ampm. They had those all over the PNW. None out here.

After 7-Eleven picked up their food game, ampm did as well. Kind of. Depends on the location. New locations though? Good soda, good food. Breakfast sandwich is arguably better than drive through equivalents, and all the food is wrapped in the heater box without drying out usually. I like the wrapping on the food in the COVID era. However, some months back they switched from the awesome foil wrappers to these new plastic and cardboard ones, and gotta say I miss said foil wrappers.

Anyhow, both 7-Eleven and ampm have full condiment bars now for doing up sandwiches/burgers/hot dogs, along with extra packets like BBQ and mayo packets.

ampm's app needs work though. 7-Eleven's app, when you get the free drink (Buy 6, get 7th free; ampm is buy 4, get 5th free currently), gives you the largest drink free, while ampm seems to do it based off which drink was entered first at the register. Also ampm is generally unresponsive when reporting app issues.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
When I was in college we drunkenly dared a buddy to fill a Big Gulp from the push chili dispenser at 7-11. The attendant got upset and then confused when we tried to pay for it. He rang us up for a hot dog and told us to get out. My buddy got halfway through (through the straw!) before he puked

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Soul Dentist posted:

When I was in college we drunkenly dared a buddy to fill a Big Gulp from the push chili dispenser at 7-11. The attendant got upset and then confused when we tried to pay for it. He rang us up for a hot dog and told us to get out. My buddy got halfway through (through the straw!) before he puked

When I was poor I would fill the 7-11 coffee with 1% coffee and 99% Light Cream because it was 3 times cheaper than buying that much cream (only if I knew I was at a corporate 7-11 and not a franchisee)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BeAuMaN posted:

After 7-Eleven picked up their food game, ampm did as well. Kind of. Depends on the location. New locations though? Good soda, good food. Breakfast sandwich is arguably better than drive through equivalents, and all the food is wrapped in the heater box without drying out usually. I like the wrapping on the food in the COVID era. However, some months back they switched from the awesome foil wrappers to these new plastic and cardboard ones, and gotta say I miss said foil wrappers.

Anyhow, both 7-Eleven and ampm have full condiment bars now for doing up sandwiches/burgers/hot dogs, along with extra packets like BBQ and mayo packets.

ampm's app needs work though. 7-Eleven's app, when you get the free drink (Buy 6, get 7th free; ampm is buy 4, get 5th free currently), gives you the largest drink free, while ampm seems to do it based off which drink was entered first at the register. Also ampm is generally unresponsive when reporting app issues.

We have Kwik Trip here in WI and I've heard some places even have fried chicken. There isn't one super conveniently located near me though. I usually go to a Speedway and I just noticed some 7-11 branded products in there. Like gatorade replacements. I don't know if or when they got bought out but I just started seeing it recently.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Costco gas has gone from 4.40 to 5 this week, it was nice while it lasted

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Pennywise the Frown posted:

We have Kwik Trip here in WI and I've heard some places even have fried chicken. There isn't one super conveniently located near me though. I usually go to a Speedway and I just noticed some 7-11 branded products in there. Like gatorade replacements. I don't know if or when they got bought out but I just started seeing it recently.
At the ampm here you can get a two rib sandwiches for $5. And y'know, it's a long-ish bun with a small boneless rib slice, and some BBQ sauce on it. But then you can add all the stuff from the condiment bar. chopped Onions, Wax Peppers, Jalapenos, lettuce, tomatos (or pico de gayo), relish, butter pickle chips (y'know the sliced pickles)... and then you have the mustard, ketchup, mayo, BBQ sauce packets, and a bottle of hot sauce.

For the amount you pay you can really make a sandwich out of those ingredients. Still wish they had the foil wrapper though since it was easier to put the sandwich back in once you were done.

While I'm nerding out about quick stops basically: The soda at the new ampms (there's two new ones that opened up). They go with single-soda spigots; that's to say a double-wide soda machine with like 12 spigots and flavors; a single flavor per spigot, along with choice of crushed ice or regular ice, and at 89 cents along with buy 4 get your fifth free through the app it's a great deal; I get my soda there if I'm getting takeout elsewhere. Overall good ratio on syrup to carbonated water. The older ampms though aren't updated like this, and are probably old franchisees; I've had some terrible sodas from them.

My previous go to was this one 7-Eleven location that had fairly frequent traffic, but the machine's syrup to carbonated water ratio are off now, and not to mention they're multi-tap machines... that's to say 4 flavors per one spigot. In my experience the ones that deal with multiple flavors on one spigot have issues. First you generally want to run your flavor of soda that you're dispensing for a bit to dump any leftover soda from whoever used it previously. Then the switch that chooses the soda doesn't always work; it sometimes wants to break down and then you still get a little bit of the other flavor. The mixer is also off in general; whatever model that 7-Eleven has franchisees buy. That thing gets weird where it doesn't properly mix the syrup and carbonated water (there's a manual liquid guide in there that twists the carbonated water around the syrup so as to ensure proper mixture). I don't know what's up with that but a lot of times it gets put back wrong and I end up fixing it, kind of.

TL;DR the new ampm locations are pretty cool and you'll get quality soda and pretty great (sealed) hot food options; old locations can be pretty bad. 7-Eleven also is really up on their food game (and their own brand of packaged snacks/baked goods are pretty great actually, but they tend to rely on a finnicky 4-flavors-per-spigot soda machine that seems to have problems more often than not compared to the double-wide single-flavor-per-spigot machines you find at ampm).

This conversation happened because Costco is getting dunked on by ampm and 7-Eleven who offers chopped onions :v:. Please find the light again Costco, as you have superior hot dogs otherwise.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I don't even think this needs a discussion I've already put the perma in the queue

Disrespecting Costco like this has CONSEQUENCES