Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Robobot posted:

I believe three or more Jimmy Carrs are referred to as a beleaguering.

I misread this as three Jimmy Carters, which I believe is a Habitat for Humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Listen, not everyone was as fortunate as you and could afford laughing lessons when we were young. This is why I’ve resolved to make sure my kids have everything I didn’t. Laughter coaches. Posting tutors. Detailed hygiene instructors. “When to talk about video games and anime” guidance.

Don't forget Standing Lessons.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

:smith:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

That’s how Rorscharch would laugh.

Hrmmm….

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Reminds me of

https://poorlydrawnlines.com/comic/jerk-dog/

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

No Marissa Mayer, 3/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uIrAN4JneY

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
I watched a lot of Cat's, and Cat's does Countdown on Youtube from the US, and I'm still a little confused about his situation. He used a legal tax haven to avoid paying taxes on income, right?

It's bad, but that would just be the expectation for anyone here. Offshoring assets is practically a national pastime for those that can benefit from it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I watched a lot of Cat's, and Cat's does Countdown on Youtube from the US, and I'm still a little confused about his situation. He used a legal tax haven to avoid paying taxes on income, right?

It's bad, but that would just be the expectation for anyone here. Offshoring assets is practically a national pastime for those that can benefit from it.
It's seen as a lovely thing to do and as someone whose brand was "better than you prick" you kind of need to keep the moral high ground or else you're just "prick".

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Glad we can all agree.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Lmfao

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

sassassin posted:

Glad we can all agree.

I typed up a bunch of extra caveats; Grammarly said they were superfluous, and I agree. We know US citizens would sell out anyone not directly related to them if it would reduce their tax bill.

Splicer posted:

It's seen as a lovely thing to do and as someone whose brand was "better than you prick" you kind of need to keep the moral high ground or else you're just "prick".

I think this is where my dissonance is. Are people in the UK proud to pay taxes? If so, I am envious.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

:catstare:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Fun fact: we're as distant now from the release of the PS4 as the PS4 was from the invention of the catalytic converter. Some people think of "old school" gaming as the NES/SNES era of the 80s/90s but in reality it's much more recent than that. Even the PS3 is rightly considered "old school" now: a PS3 was recently uncovered in a family basement in England, and scientists have shown it was last powered on during the reign of Queen Victoria. Many don't know but the Nintendo 64 was actually a popular gift brought back by people who had travelled to Kyoto during the Tokugawa shogunate.

Know your gamer history, people!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I typed up a bunch of extra caveats; Grammarly said they were superfluous, and I agree. We know US citizens would sell out anyone not directly related to them if it would reduce their tax bill.

I think this is where my dissonance is. Are people in the UK proud to pay taxes? If so, I am envious.

Dodging tax, even legally, is bad manners over here

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Lavinia Spenlow posted:

Oh please, DJ Catnip is also clearly a stoner.

Eh, maybe just a toke to take the edge off the pills.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I am not falling for this trap.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Amphigory posted:

Yeah, you just get the Tories to lower your taxes for you if you are rich instead. Beep boop so easy. Or you let your Tory husband do it (if you are Rishi Sunak's wife).

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Robobot posted:

Let's say someone wanted to make a crazy sandwich at Fat Sal's, where would that be?
California.

https://www.fatsalsdeli.com/

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

https://youtu.be/PmmihjXmDL4

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

:hmmyes:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

fakeass t-shirt

show the proper one without thumbsticks

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Zetsubou-san posted:

fakeass t-shirt

show the proper one without thumbsticks

The joke is that you are already much older than an old school gamer for even remembering a controller without those. Trap sprung, I guess.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Amphigory posted:

so basically the opposite of France

makes sense

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Amphigory posted:

Bad manners without consequence, for the rich that's anywhere

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjN30bTONXK/

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Railing Kill posted:

Don't forget Standing Lessons.

i dont understand how these people allegedly have so much money, but they dress like they're shopping off the rack at a discount suit store.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

There's one word in your post that explains it all.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

ultrafilter posted:

There's one word in your post that explains it all.

but surely they've tricked some tailor into doing work for them on promise of payment

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

i dont understand how these people allegedly have so much money, but they dress like they're shopping off the rack at a discount suit store.

You don't get rich by spending all your money.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Deteriorata posted:

Unless you buy lottery tickets.

Dummy.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Deteriorata posted:

trump is a big appearance is everything guy tho, and his apartment is gaudy as gently caress and definitely not cheap.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The word was "people".

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Deteriorata posted:

You don’t get rich by saving it, either. Typical household ideas of how wealth and money work don’t apply to the ultra rich. And when you’re dealing with a group that values appearance more than almost anything else, it’s surprising to see how little effort they put into it

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I mean, they are rich and vain but they are also delusional. Who knows, maybe Trump thinks he has perfect posture.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Trump's posture is quite easy to explain: he has loose suits and stands like that in order to partially hide his fat gut. In that photo, Eric looks like he has a bit of the same problem but not as bad. But I have no loving clue what Don Jr.'s deal is.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Isn't that a photoshopped one? The original is awkward, but less so, I think.

Unless that is the original, then shudder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I've only seen that particular set of stances and "fits" for that picture.