Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

5 lbs in 2 weeks is pathetic for a 300 lb man, and tells me that he has changed the diet almost not at all

quote:

According to many experts, losing 1–2 pounds (0.45–0.9 kg) per week is a healthy and safe rate. Losing more than that is considered too fast and could put you at risk of many health problems, including muscle loss, gallstones, nutritional deficiencies and a drop in metabolism

120 pounds a year is a breakneck pace. running at more than 1000 calore per day deficit will open you up to all sorts of vitamin loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

ElGroucho posted:

5 lbs in 2 weeks is pathetic for a 300 lb man, and tells me that he has changed the diet almost not at all

No joke if this was really a “week 1: I’m going from shoving garbage in my mouth to jogging and eating salads” a guy like stav could lose 15 pounds in two weeks and it would still be healthy because most of that’s just water weight. Yes 2lb a week is the max healthy recommended rate but it’s what you hit a month in and reach equilibrium. Stav doing that week 1-2 is just … sad

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

i say swears online posted:

120 pounds a year is a breakneck pace. running at more than 1000 calore per day deficit will open you up to all sorts of vitamin loss

Tell that to the people on my 600 pound life

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm taking that 5 pounds at face value of being pure fat and no water weight. i could go on an hour jog and lose five pounds of water

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Losing 1-2 lbs a week is good if you are a 160 lb dude trying to get down to 146 before the summer so you can have good rear end body for the beach. But:

You need at least 3,300 calories to sustain a 300 lb body. If he just went down to 2000 calories a day, even without exercise, he would lose at least 2 lbs a week, but more than likely much more, because of water weight, like Cael said.

i'm taking that 5 pounds at face value of being pure fat and no water weight. i could go on an hour jog and lose five pounds of water

Does Stav strike you as someone with a vitamin deficiency

:cmon bru:

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I love bandwagon making fun of Stav, but it’s all in fun and I want him to actually succeed in this. I hope he maintains this pace, it’s definitely just you’d THINK he’d lose more early on and (I can speak from experience) it can get demoralizing when you feel like you should keep dropping easily and you stall out.

Also funnier topic: trying to imagine stav reaching drew Carey levels of creepy looking weight loss and still trying to maintain his existing jokes

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Imagining how long a skinny stav could eat pussy

but the breakfast?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYOspe8XIo0

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

...so the food you do eat, make sure it has vitamins! :mad:

Basic nutrition is essentially lostech

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It evens out in the end - when you're severely overweight you should be losing more per week. I put on about 50 lbs my freshman year of college and didn't crash diet or anything and was losing more my first few weeks when I got back in shape.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 1, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://carlosmencia.com/tour.php

on that grindset

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

they gotta get him on tafs

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I’m losing money by not getting a $69 VIP ticket to see mencia

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

trying to imagine what both his audience and act are like in 2022 but it hurts

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

fat dasha looks like a rude receptionist

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Just made a pork shoulder and drat this is nice for how cheap it is, and we've got lunches for days. It's insane to me that Stav can eat the whole thing in one sitting.

How'd I do fellas

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I bought one a few years ago because I was shocked at how cheap it was and it lasted me like 5 days. It was incredibly good for the price.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Nice Staub, Coxswain

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they're not fun unless you have the wolverine claws

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Remember when Stav fatly got mad about a sandwich and fatly defended an ebike. Lol. Anyway this isn't BFC (Buff loving Comedians) so let him be fat

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Professor Latency posted:

Nice Staub, Coxswain

I got it from Costco for under a hundo on clearance. Someone made a post about it on the local subreddit and when I saw how much they actually cost I headed there as fast as I could. I'm glad I did, since they were all gone by the next morning. I can't wait to cook more cheap meats with this bad boy.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my first "I'm rich, bitch" purchase will be a full le creuset array because I'm a 70 year old woman

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

my first "I'm rich, bitch" purchase will be a full le creuset array because I'm a 70 year old woman

lol I was given a cast iron griddle from them and it rocks

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
you can get enamel coated Lodge dutch ovens for a fraction of the price

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Coxswain Balls posted:

Just made a pork shoulder and drat this is nice for how cheap it is, and we've got lunches for days. It's insane to me that Stav can eat the whole thing in one sitting.

How'd I do fellas

not bad, can we get a before pic?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pharmaskittle posted:

lol I was given a cast iron griddle from them and it rocks

yeah i've got a couple smaller pieces from my mom's old set from like 1980 and they're still mint, just in earth-tone dark brown

Head Bee Guy posted:

you can get enamel coated Lodge dutch ovens for a fraction of the price

my 5qt dutch oven is a grocery store discount brand and it's totally adequate. it's like switching from white lightning to buffalo trace; still gets me drunk. honestly don't know how the discount ones do after 40 years of use but probably fine

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
the enamel le creuset is good for foods that caramelize while I like my old cast iron dutch oven for baking bread and making red beans

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my ancient enameled 9" skillet is perfect for making tortillas

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

The mandated first kitchen purchase when stumbling onto a ton of money (such as creating an improbably successful podcast) is a Vitamix, those are the rules.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_98NflMJxXg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egDUvIJAo2E

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjnj5HNe13k

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

Coxswain Balls posted:

How'd I do fellas

pork shoulder prepared by a Logical, Horny, rear end Eating Sapiosexual #realmencook

Looks tasty tho, enjoy

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

How much would you love to give this bloke a knuckle sandwich

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
I put on weight after a dumb spine problem and cut it off in like a month and a half after an easy diet of eating like a normal human being. Anyway, stav is hosed

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Wizard Master posted:

How much would you love to give this bloke a knuckle sandwich

Meh, I can sense the satisfaction they’d get from just ignoring his suggestions

“I’m not taking advice from you. Look at you!”

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I just realized bust rodd got banned, over a pretty innocuous post about banging Stav’s Ex gf, rip

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 34 minutes!
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

bop bop perano posted:

I just realized bust rodd got banned, over a pretty innocuous post about banging Stav’s Ex gf, rip